PDA

View Full Version : Yummy and easy mint brownies ...

tesschap
10-11-2009, 08:32 PM
When I was blog surfing during the week I came upon this post (http://anabelleom.blogspot.com/2009/10/we-have-winner.html)... if you scroll down a bit she shows a picture of her brownies and tells you how easy they are to make. I made them this afternoon. They are super easy to make, they are SUPER YUMMY, and they are definitely NOT on my Weight Watchers diet! I prepared a Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Brown mix as the box instructed. I greased a 9 x 13 baking dish, poured half of the batter, unwrapped 24 of the small York Peppermint Patties (there are 25 in the bag but I ate the odd one :)). I placed the peppermint patties on top of the batter, poured the remaining batter over the top, spreading it evenly to cover the peppermint patties. Bake as instructed and allow to cool before you cut into them. They are really really good. As they cool the peppermint patties harden - YUMMY! I think I'm going to try doing them with Reese's Peanut Butter cups next. I have to bake something every week for DH to take to hunting camp so I look for EASY recipes.

maxiesmom
10-11-2009, 08:37 PM
OMG this sounds so good, Theresa!! I need to try this, York patties? YUM!

logcabincreations
10-11-2009, 08:48 PM
I LOVE peppermint patties :) Thanks for sharing this.

tesschap
10-11-2009, 08:53 PM
OMG this sounds so good, Theresa!! I need to try this, York patties? YUM!

Yes, York peppermint patties. I bought a bag of the smaller size (about the size of a half dollar maybe). Yes, you do need to try this :)

maxiesmom
10-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Yes, York peppermint patties. I bought a bag of the smaller size (about the size of a half dollar maybe). Yes, you do need to try this :)

Oh sorry, I wasn't questioning you on whether they were York ones. It was more like a "York patties, I'm in" type of thing! Sorry, I wasn't being dense, just dreaming of chocolate! :laugh:

hutchink
10-11-2009, 09:19 PM
oh yummy! I think these are a must make tomorrow! Thanks :)

IMBlessed5
10-11-2009, 09:55 PM
I do something similar only I put them on top of the brownies as SOON as they come out of the oven. Once they melt, spread it around and it will harden on top. I've done it with both Andes mints and York patties. Both are YUMMY!

dancing queen
10-12-2009, 10:21 PM
omg... I MUST go to the store tomorrow!

cindi
10-12-2009, 10:31 PM
danger...danger ..danger!!
I must not make these, beCAUSE I'd put one in a bowl, put on a scoop of ice cream, then add sundae toppings!!
yup, this is totally dangerous to me!!
:)

stampinmom3
10-13-2009, 06:54 AM
Wowsers. They sound good. Saved it to my favorites to try for the next potluck!

stampinmom3
10-24-2009, 09:14 AM
I made these last weekend for mom's birthday. mmm mmm I also made a pan with peanut butter cups.

IMBlessed5
10-24-2009, 12:32 PM
YUM! At least that way, you can have one for each hand! ;)

dancing queen
10-26-2009, 10:40 AM
Teresa... just wanted to share. I went to the store and got a brownie mix. Then a few days ago I found the York Peppermint Patties. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to make the brownies yet, but I have finished off the bag of patties! :)

tesschap
10-26-2009, 11:05 AM
Teresa... just wanted to share. I went to the store and got a brownie mix. Then a few days ago I found the York Peppermint Patties. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to make the brownies yet, but I have finished off the bag of patties! :)

Oh how I hate it when that happens :) I bought some mini Mounds bars and Reeces peanut butter cups to try them with the brownies and did the same thing this weekend!

jazzypurple853
10-26-2009, 11:57 AM
I wonder if you could use caramels, milky ways or tofee pieces in the recipe?

cindi
10-26-2009, 12:03 PM
hey, has anyone done this with peanutbutter cups yet?? I have a Halloween party to go to Saturday night and I'd like to bring something

tesschap
10-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Cindi - I bought peanut butter cups to do this but I ate them before I got the chance to put them in the brownies. My girl friend did and they worked perfectly ... I'm making three batches for Drew and Katies halloween/house warming party on Halloween ... one with Reeces, one with York peppermint patties, and one with Mounds bars.

tesschap
10-26-2009, 12:06 PM
I wonder if you could use caramels, milky ways or tofee pieces in the recipe?

Yes I am sure you could. I buy the Heath bar tofee pieces and put in chocolate cake all the time. I frost the cake with caramel ice cream topping and some of the heath bar pieces ... it's called better than sex cake ...

cindi
10-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Thanks Teresa, that might just be what I bring.