PDA

View Full Version : Happy cold and snowy Monday!

inkinupstamps
10-23-2006, 07:04 AM
It is still very dark outside and cold and snowy. YIKES! Isn't this October? WHat happened to autumn? I think we are in winter already. Let me grab my calendar.:eek:

The weather is forcing me to stay indoors but I don't mind. Today is "play day" for me in my craft room.

What are you creating today? Whatever it is, make it a great day despite the weather! :D

Sherry
10-23-2006, 07:22 AM
Oh Jennifer,

Please keep that snow out in Ontario. Our wether, to be honest, hasn't been much better. It has been raining for days and there is no sunshine in the forcast until Saturday! UGH!!!

iloveflipflops
10-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Its not getting that warm here today but close to 60 I think I heard. I am going to work on more cards for Nicholas' teacher for the holidays. I am going to give her 10 or 12 :). Have 3 done, so I have alot more to do.

DD is home sick today with a stomach ache. She is still asleep but had me up 1/2 the night.

laos348
10-23-2006, 07:32 AM
I'm having the same reaction - snow, wow! I am definitely not ready for the snow yet. It doesn't seem too bad out this morning so hopefully the temps will get into the 50's or so.
I'm celebrating my birthday today by going to the dentist. I've never had a cavity before so every time I go I'm worried that this will be the visit I end up with one!
Today I hope to work on craft fair items, the small cutesy gift or stocking stuffer items that seem to go pretty well.
AND I have to go get my dd ice skates because she starts lessons on Wed. In between all that, I've gotten some really old bananas that are just crying out to be made into banana bread (or is that my DH crying out for me to make the bread ;) )

Laura

suzi_f
10-23-2006, 07:48 AM
Happy Birthday Laura!!! The dentist is NOT a good place to spend it. Nor is baking banana bread either. I have to make (bake??) bread pudding at work this week & I've never done it before.

I hope you have something fun for YOU planned for the day.

shurlyjean
10-23-2006, 08:00 AM
of inches of snow Sunday morning......

S:mad:

MidwestStamper
10-23-2006, 08:30 AM
I see that it's your Birthday too--if you click the right buttons in your profile, it will come up on the home page and list your BD so that everyone will know. Anyway, I hope that you'll have a great day, despite going to the dentist!

jdpisces
10-23-2006, 11:11 AM
I know it is coming here soon, but I am NOT looking forward to it. I hate wearing coats....and gloves...and scarves....

Jennifer, how does Bella like the snow???

Julie

inkinupstamps
10-23-2006, 11:15 AM
'Bella loves the cold weather and the wetter the better too! :eek: The pace of our walks get faster as the weather gets colder! And she thinks all leaves blowing and snow flakes falling are fair game to chase! The big girl is giving me a work out....which is exactly what I need! :D

teabear
10-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Still sunny here in CA, but the nights are getting colder. I've been working on my craft room. I have my computer desk cleaned up and dug out. I moved some pictures over above the computer and sanded and patched where the electrician made holes a few weeks ago. On the agenda today is to paint over all the patches and clear off some of the mess on my craft table. I also went through all my swap return items and put them away. I have 7 Thanksgiving cards, 32 Christmas cards, 16 Christmas tags, 8 gift of food recipes, and 8 ornaments. I will have an additional 20 Christmas cards and another set of tags when all this swapping is done. I think I'm set for cards & tags! Yipee!!!!
Tami

Erin K
10-23-2006, 12:50 PM
DD is home sick today with a stomach ache. She is still asleep but had me up 1/2 the night.
Didn't she have a boyfriend there till late last night?? Hmmm. Is she really sick? She might be fakeing it? I'm just teasing, I'm sure if she says she's sick she is!

We have a high of 69 today, beautiful, I have all the windows open and the cats are all running around crazy. We people are all still sick, I think the boys are worse today! :( OH and that cat is still living here, we named it Kitty and it lives in the back yard and has it's own food and water bowls. (the ones I accidnetally stole from church actually) It still won't let us pet it though. It needs to make friends before it gets really cold if it wants to come in ya know?

iloveflipflops
10-23-2006, 12:54 PM
LOL

She hasn't missed any school yet this year so I let her sleep till noon. She is actually feeling much better. Its so unlike her to get me up in the middle of the night anymore so I knew she must really be sick last night.

We need to venture out this afternoon and get both of the kids coats as its getting down to 30 this tonite and neither one has a coat yet....