PDA

View Full Version : CENSUS #47: Do you "do" Etsy?

directmailscrapper
10-27-2009, 06:14 PM
This is not my area of expertise -- so I hope my questions will make sense!

Kreative Dryve
10-27-2009, 07:20 PM
I would love to have enough time to sell on it, but don't right now. I usually wouldn't buy something I can make myself, so I would only buy Art or things like that.

maxiesmom
10-27-2009, 07:31 PM
No clue what this is, so no, I don't!

Christie
10-27-2009, 08:20 PM
I know what it is but I have never bought or sold anything there.

cindi
10-27-2009, 08:36 PM
I know what esty is and I like the idea. I have not bought or sold anything..yet..I got a link earlier today that may be big trouble to me, lol
:)

Patty
10-27-2009, 08:49 PM
I have no clue what that is. I see it in postings, but do not participate. I'm still trying to get my pics on line.

Desert Stamper
10-27-2009, 09:21 PM
I've checked it out, but not used it. I've been looking at Shop Handmade (www.shophandmade.com) lately and think if I was going to try anything, it would be that instead of Etsy. I just always wonder if the people really get enough sales at these sites to make it worthwhile.

shuggy
10-27-2009, 10:14 PM
i have a shop, but haven't sold much. started it a year or so ago.

tesschap
10-28-2009, 06:37 AM
I know what Etsy is and browse some shops frequently but have never bought or sold anything there.

jazzypurple853
10-28-2009, 07:31 AM
I have bought some items on Etsy. Yes, they do sell homemade items, but it is also a site for supplies. I have purchased rubber stamps, prima flowers, and other stamping supplies. I have purchased some other items as well.

What I like about it is it;s not an auction style site, you pay whatever the person is asking for. You don;t have to wait for the auction to end.

I have found that I deal with people that have 100% feedback. I have found that people will combine on their shipping and shipping is really reasonable. I am a bargain shopper, so when I'm looking for a particular item, I check out this site. Also, if you have any questions, you can ask the person a question, and you get a response. I have never had a bad experience. In fact, there have been some people that I have shopped with a few times.

You may find what your looking for. I know I see on this site a lot of SU stamp sets, that people are parting with. So I guess it all depends what you are looking for.

ccstampin12
10-28-2009, 08:43 AM
I have looked at a couple of shops of people I know.
I know Lesa/tattoolesa has one, but can't remember the name of it.....maybe pink promise?
Not sure.
Another friend makes wonderful sewn things, so look at her things sometimes.
Haven't bought anything, though.
Joanie

Mrs. Fence
10-28-2009, 09:44 AM
I've checked it out, but not used it. I've been looking at Shop Handmade (www.shophandmade.com (http://www.shophandmade.com)) lately and think if I was going to try anything, it would be that instead of Etsy. I just always wonder if the people really get enough sales at these sites to make it worthwhile.

I haven't ever bought or sold anything on Etsy, but a friend has a shop at the shop handmade site. She started her shop 6 months ago and it has really taken off! The advantage to this site over Etsy is that there is no fee for the sale. The only fee involved is a .30 cent per transaction paypal fee. I thought about trying to sell some cards there, but now that I am working, I just don't see how I'd have the time.

CharityHand
10-28-2009, 12:58 PM
I've gotten some great deals on retired stamp sets on ETSY.

GrammaStamper
10-28-2009, 01:01 PM
I have purchased digital stamps from Whimsie Doodles Etsy shop. Never bought anything that had to be sent via regular mail, though.

dancing queen
10-28-2009, 04:18 PM
I've visited the etsy site because a friend of mine sells jewelry there, but I've never bought or sold anything.