PDA

View Full Version : what was i thinking?

shuggy
10-28-2009, 12:35 PM
so many of you know i'm in school to finish my bsn. i'm on the long term plan, that is, taking 2 classes a year and having it paid for from work (since they only reimburse up to $3000 a year and that's 2 classes at the u of phoenix). i have 4 classes left, two electives and two more nursing classes.

well, i started a class yesterday. they are five week classes, so luckily you can do almost anything for five weeks. it is creative writing, one of my electives. i figured that since i think i'm pretty creative when it comes to writing out my blog posts (the long ranty ones, not the short ones) that it would be ok to do this class. ugh. i think i'm in over my head!! lets hope i can make it through this class!!:eek:

jazzypurple853
10-28-2009, 12:40 PM
You'll get thru it! You have to think positive!

workin4stamps
10-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Can you write about stamping??? LOL

teabear
10-28-2009, 12:42 PM
You can do it. My hat's off to you for working and getting your bsn. My mom did the same thing through u of phoenix when she was working. I remember how hard she worked to do it.

shuggy
10-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Can you write about stamping??? LOL

seriously!! i wish.

cindi
10-28-2009, 01:13 PM
do they tell you what you have to write about?? Good luck, I hope you do well, I know I enjoy reading your blog
:)

shuggy
10-28-2009, 01:21 PM
this is my first assignment.

Select a visual art piece (painting, drawing, photograph) from a gallery, online gallery, museum, or book. In a 1,050- to 1,750-word paper, write a creative piece (poem, dialogue, essay, or short story) on your reaction to the visual art.

cindi
10-28-2009, 01:23 PM
well, there ya go..pick a card or atc from our gallery and have at it!! You can do it!
:)

hutchink
10-28-2009, 02:06 PM
You will do great! I just know it! Take a couple of deep breaths and you will be all good!

Christie
10-28-2009, 02:13 PM
You can do it!!! I remember taking my English Comp class and thinking the exact same way you are. You just don't think about it too much in advance. Just sit down and start. That's the way I did it.

Darleneh710
10-28-2009, 02:53 PM
so many of you know i'm in school to finish my bsn. i'm on the long term plan, that is, taking 2 classes a year and having it paid for from work (since they only reimburse up to $3000 a year and that's 2 classes at the u of phoenix). i have 4 classes left, two electives and two more nursing classes.

well, i started a class yesterday. they are five week classes, so luckily you can do almost anything for five weeks. it is creative writing, one of my electives. i figured that since i think i'm pretty creative when it comes to writing out my blog posts (the long ranty ones, not the short ones) that it would be ok to do this class. ugh. i think i'm in over my head!! lets hope i can make it through this class!!:eek:

You'll be fine! I took creative writing in high school and college. It was so much fun. I even got some of my poems published in the school newspaper...

I say just let your feelings flow. I remember when I was in 10th grade author Richard Cormier came to visit us and told us his secret was that he wrote everyday...even if it was just once sentence...he just kept writing everyday. I am lucky my daughter seems to have some of my creativity in that as well...she has a wonderful imagination and loves to read and write.

I think it will be fun and I hope you don't take it too serious...have fun with it. I know I did. Just use that imagination of yours!

Good luck and keep us posted!

shuggy
10-28-2009, 03:29 PM
one of our discussion questions this week is who is our favorite author and why. i always joke at work when people talk about book club that i can never join because i never read smart books. so how am i supposed to say why i love sophie kinsella and her shopaholic books??

dancing queen
10-28-2009, 04:06 PM
they didn't suggest that you "pick your favorite smart author," so write about sophie kinsella and why you love her books... in the midst of all those people writing about "smart" authors, your paper will shine like it was done with clear embossing powder. hang in there... it's only 5 weeks!

shuggy
10-28-2009, 04:11 PM
they didn't suggest that you "pick your favorite smart author," so write about sophie kinsella and why you love her books... in the midst of all those people writing about "smart" authors, your paper will shine like it was done with clear embossing powder. hang in there... it's only 5 weeks!

good point!

jazzypurple853
10-28-2009, 07:26 PM
I love her books! Did you see the movie? Confessions of a shopaholic?

Paula Carden
10-28-2009, 07:53 PM
You can do it!!! Just think only 4.5 weeks left of this!! It will be worth it in the end!
You are very smart or you would not be an RN. You can do it!!

directmailscrapper
10-28-2009, 08:39 PM
Just stick with it -- you'll do fine! And it's only five weeks!

Patty
10-28-2009, 08:58 PM
How about the picture Emily Thacker painted that Sherry posted? Maybe you can just hear the silence on the hill where the family built the snowman. Maybe the deer was starving and he found the carrot on the snowman. Maybe the deer picked up the carrot that fell from the snowman and brought it to a weaker deer, his hooves crunching in the silent snow all the way back to his little fort in the woods. yadah yadah yadah.

shuggy
10-28-2009, 09:32 PM
How about the picture Emily Thacker painted that Sherry posted? Maybe you can just hear the silence on the hill where the family built the snowman. Maybe the deer was starving and he found the carrot on the snowman. Maybe the deer picked up the carrot that fell from the snowman and brought it to a weaker deer, his hooves crunching in the silent snow all the way back to his little fort in the woods. yadah yadah yadah.

wow. only about 950 more words to go!

shadoob
10-28-2009, 09:44 PM
You're funny....but really...5 weeks...and I bet you end up writing GREAT papers that you teacher really enjoys. Those "smart" books and papers are such a drag sometimes (remember the brain trauma thing you were working on? well...)