PDA

View Full Version : I can relax & breath a little now.

suzi_f
10-30-2009, 02:00 PM
I called Unemployment today. The way I had figured, my benefits were due to run out next week. I called & I still have 8 weeks or so left in my "account" and then, if I still can't find a job, they will file a Federal Extension automatically for me. Whew. I was really, really starting to get worried about what I was going to do. Now, I can breath, at least until the first of the year. Whew!! There are NO jobs that I am qualified for and/or let me get my kids to & from school. I don't know how it will improve but, at least I know I'm covered for the next little bit. A weight off my mind.

Of course, the pessimist in my is now worried I sent up a red flag by calling them & they will dig deeper into my situation. Not that I'm doing anything wrong but, it's still makes me worry. LOL

Christie
10-30-2009, 02:07 PM
The right one will come along!!!!!!

shadoob
10-30-2009, 04:10 PM
Of course, the pessimist in my is now worried I sent up a red flag by calling them & they will dig deeper into my situation. Not that I'm doing anything wrong but, it's still makes me worry. LOL

Suzi, I am glad for you that you can get an extension...but really - do you think they will actually take the time to do that extra work on checking up on you? doubtful. You are so NOT a problem child like some of their clients!

Patty
10-30-2009, 07:47 PM
Suzi, I am also collecting UNEM. I know exactly how you feel. What about temping? I bet there are temp jobs for lots of things we never thought of. I thought I might check that out. Good luck...one day at a time. All will work out. Huggs

Mrs. Middleton
10-30-2009, 08:10 PM
i know michaels is hiring for the holidays!

jjtucker
10-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Oh tell them to call us. We'll vouch for you!

gssoccermom
10-30-2009, 11:51 PM
I know that the perfect job with the option you need is comming to you. I'm glad that you got an extetion. My dh was laid off for over 6 months this year and I got really nervous.