PDA

View Full Version : I am thinking of doing a PIF over here on this website

iloveflipflops
10-23-2006, 10:06 AM
but I am thinking we should call it something else....

Anyone got any ideas or should we leave it as PIF? (pay it forward?) I have some used stamps I am thinking of giving away so I am working on my questions ...

stampcrazyjulie
10-23-2006, 10:07 AM
That would be fun! I was thinking the same thing! BUT, please don't do it when I am not on the Board! :)

lost luggage
10-23-2006, 10:22 AM
I agree! We should start that on this board, but give it a cute new name... hmmmm.....

Erin K
10-23-2006, 10:40 AM
I vote for a new name too.

Like rolling gift bears or something like that. (but not that, something more clever of course)

What if we tried to keep it all in one thread? Like Sherri starts it up and then whenever someone gets that gift they dig out the old thread and post on that same one. I know some times over on PC we got carried away and half the threads were pif related.

Actually; Say Sherri starts it and I "win" the prize, I could hit "subscribe to this thread" and that would keep the thread in my subscribed folder then I'd know just where to find it when I got my goodie and wanted to post about what I'm gonna give away.

Maybe I'm just complicating the whole thing though, ignore me if that's the case! hehe

But I definately vote for a new name.

lost luggage
10-23-2006, 10:50 AM
I second the motion for "it" to have it's own thread...

lost luggage
10-23-2006, 10:52 AM
I looked up 'White Elephant' in Wikipedia...:
The term "white elephant" loosely refers to an old tradition of giving gift items consisting of old trinkets, knicknacks, or unwanted gifts from previous years

Maybe it should be something along these lines....but different....lol

stampcrazyjulie
10-23-2006, 11:13 AM
How about something like the Stamped Elephant, SIF..Stamp it forward or "Shacked" like we are "shacking" each other or somethin'...

jdpisces
10-23-2006, 11:21 AM
That's cute! :p

iloveflipflops
10-23-2006, 11:27 AM
and that will mean I have something to send someone whoever answers the questions correctly.

I like it!!

jdpisces
10-23-2006, 11:32 AM
I like it too! "I have something to shack" is a good one!

But maybe we should post the pictures, if there are any, over on 2peas or something so we don't clog up the gallery.

Julie

Sherry
10-23-2006, 11:58 AM
Or how about "The Shack Shuffle"...hahaha!

Sherry
10-23-2006, 12:00 PM
I like it too! "I have something to shack" is a good one!

But maybe we should post the pictures, if there are any, over on 2peas or something so we don't clog up the gallery.

Julie

I wouldn't mind starting a gallery for these items as long as we are diligent about removing the photo's once they have been sent along there merry ol' way.

Sherry

shuggy
10-23-2006, 12:16 PM
'i have something to shack'!

angie

My3Ds
10-23-2006, 02:30 PM
I like "shack" "shacking" "shacked" too. You girls are TOO clever. :)

Gaerria