PDA

View Full Version : does anyone shop at fashion bug?

cindi
11-05-2009, 11:26 PM
if you do have you figured out the right fit jeans? I spent 1/2 hour trying on jeans..trying to find my size & fit..I had hoped that since they had options in all the sizes that I would finally find my right fit.. I have come to the conclusion that I am just built odd! lol! I had a coupon so I wound up getting a pair of 30.00 jeans for 10.00 but in no way would I call them my right fit! I'm curious if anyone else has tried these? if so how did you make out?
:)

Merry4003
11-05-2009, 11:33 PM
I wear their slacks almost every day to work. They measured me and helped me find the right side, then it was just grab the colors I wanted. I usually have a problem with the crotch in pants being at mid thigh, know what I mean ? LOL ! I am short and "short" in lengh are too short and "average" barely touch the ground. I love their slacks now and they are so cheap ! I do take them to the dry cleaners though. Haven't tried the jeans though.

workin4stamps
11-06-2009, 06:06 AM
I wear them and I think they're fine. I am "red". I also like that my size keeps getting smaller!! I am almost ready to buy the next smaller size!

Unlike Merry, I am average height (5"6") but find that I have to get SHORT in everything (or petite). They are the perfect length for me. Averages are way too long. I guess I must have short legs.

Paula Carden
11-06-2009, 07:03 AM
I use to shop there a lot- I have bought many things there over the years. Their jeans use to be good and hold up well. Haven't been there for a long time tho.
I always liked the knit shirts they have.

Congrats Traci on your size getting smaller!

gssoccermom
11-06-2009, 07:45 AM
I have nt tryed there jeans but I have the opisit problem I have long legs and it is hard to find jeans that fit my waist and are long enough for my legs I'm 5'9". I almost allways have have what ever I by altered after to fit but it would be nice to by off the reck and wear them.

maxiesmom
11-06-2009, 07:51 AM
I tried on a pair one time and they were totally not the right size. I figure some day I will drag my mom there with me so as I'm trying on she can go grab a different size. I was also planning on asking for help first though as their new sizing is very confusing.
I like plain old Chic jeans, they fit me the best and now it seems even Kmart isn't selling them. Once upon a time they were seen as a decent brand, don't know what happened to have them slip so far down the fashion chain. All I know is they fit my fat thighs and little bit smaller waist!

Good luck Cindi!

Rebecca
11-06-2009, 08:14 AM
I love the jeans at the Avenue. They fit good and are not badly priced. I got Merry hooked on the Avenue. :):):)

mahodgman
11-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Yes, I shop there, and I also had a hard time finding the right fit! I must have tried on 20 different pairs of pants. I gave up on the jeans, but I did finally find one pair of slacks that worked. I'm a red and short in those. I need to take them in now, though, because I'm also losing weight. You probably are going to need a sales associate to help you find the right one. I like the concept of thier sizing, but it is very confusing.

Christie
11-06-2009, 10:03 AM
We don't have one of those stores here. I have a hard time with jeans too. I am too short for the medium length jeans and too tall for the short length. Most of the time I end up with the short and then they shrink and are high waters on me. I also can't stand boot cut jeans and that seems to be just about all they make anymore.

Trishlvscards
11-06-2009, 12:49 PM
I have the same trouble. I am an odd fit too. They just don't look good on me.

ngreek
11-06-2009, 10:30 PM
You know that Fashion Bugs sister company is Lane Bryant. I buy jeans there I have not done the right fit. I have found if I buy their jeans with the spandex type material they fit better then the others.