PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever lose something and you look everywhere and can't find it

iloveflipflops
11-06-2009, 11:03 AM
so you go out to buy a new one only to find the old one????

I cannot find my paper piercer anywhere. I even have 2 of them and i have looked and looked. So I am off to HL and I hope I find another one there. I cannot live without it. I use it ALOT!

Sweetpea
11-06-2009, 11:15 AM
I usually go on to something else, or look for something else and then find what I was originally looking for. Piercers are valuable! Good luck.

cindi
11-06-2009, 11:28 AM
yes that has happened to me before. A girl needs her piercer, and if you find the others, well..you'll have spares...spares are good
:)

Christie
11-06-2009, 12:17 PM
I've done that lots of times. I usually find it when cleaning and not looking for it. I think I've thrown a few things away by accident too!

Trishlvscards
11-06-2009, 12:48 PM
That is the story of my life! I can't tell you how many embossing guns I have because I can never find any of the ones I own.

suzi_f
11-06-2009, 01:12 PM
I hate it when that happens!!! Usually, once the new one is purchased, I find the others (I found my cheese cloth as soon as I bought new).

But, if you are missing a paper piercer, a push pin works WELL in a pinch. I broke my PP (trying to exctract a media card from my computer but that's another story). Michael's didn't have any in stock and when they did finally get them, they were teeny tiny, like a push pin. The added advantage of the push pin, it fits nicely in my SU Mat Pack.

webzmacs
11-06-2009, 02:10 PM
I usually find it AFTER I've given up and purchased a NEW one! ;-)

ccstampin12
11-06-2009, 02:17 PM
I am currently looking for a swap I received.
It was the Matchbox Marvels swap that Lori Adlaars was hosting on PCMB just before she passed away.
I recently received it from her family, and I want to send Nancy her matchbox, but I cannot find the box anywhere!
It's making me crazy!
Joanie

jazzypurple853
11-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Does losing your mind count? Sorry couldn;t resist.

I have misplaced lots of things, only to find the item when I wasn't look for it.
I purposely put it in a spot that I'd remember, but when the time comes to find the item,
do you think I remember? Nope, not a clue.

mydogstinks2
11-06-2009, 04:04 PM
I lost my paper crimper awhile back. That is not something small to lose. I never did find it so my MIL bought me a new one last year at Palooza.

jazzypurple853
11-06-2009, 04:09 PM
When you do get a new one. I would post on the board, where you put it. Then when you can;t find it again. Just do a search and you'll get your answer.

suzi_f
11-06-2009, 04:25 PM
When you do get a new one. I would post on the board, where you put it. Then when you can;t find it again. Just do a search and you'll get your answer.

Now THERE'S a plan!!! I can't tell you how many times I've put something somewhere thinking it makes perfect sense only to not have the faintest clue when I need it again.

cindi
11-06-2009, 04:29 PM

hahaha..we may need a whole new forum for just that!
:)

Patty
11-06-2009, 04:36 PM
usually I look so long I can't remember what I'm looking for. After it's totally gone from my mind I find it. THEN I remember I was looking for it, but usually can't remember why.

milmogando
11-06-2009, 06:21 PM
I have this 1 ribbon punch that I loose almost daily!! It is the only 1 i can't seem to keep track of?? so far i have purchased it FOUR times! arghh

Mrs. Middleton
11-06-2009, 06:42 PM
lol yup.. alot

directmailscrapper
11-06-2009, 08:12 PM
I'll look for your piercer -- let me know if you find my BowEasy or my embossing mat for my Nesties...

loobylou
11-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Almost daily, infact sometimes I will misplace the same thing several times a day...And I'm not talking about my mind! The thing i lose most often is my bone scorer. Infact that is the only thing I have replaced and then found the old one. I gave it away to a friend who didn't have one. oh, and my metal ruler, I misplace that a lot too...oh and my double sided tape often goes missing several times during the making of a project.

coco_kitty
11-06-2009, 09:39 PM
Yup...and it usually ends up right in front of me, for some reason when I'm actually looking for it, my eye skips over it (too many times to count):arghh: It also bites when it was something I had just been holding and/or something kinda big:goofy:

shuggy
11-06-2009, 10:23 PM
you know, you could buy a box of push pins and use one in a pinch.

iloveflipflops
11-06-2009, 10:57 PM
I found a new PURPLE paper piercer at HL. Still haven't found my 2 others... but i haven't looked lately either. lol

gssoccermom
11-06-2009, 11:10 PM
I loose a lot of stuff, but its always in the last place I looked. Because after I find it I quite looking. Just kidding I usually only find it after I bought a new one. That is how both of my dd have a stamping bag of there own. Now when I loose or misplace mine I go and steal it out of one of theirs.

shadoob
11-06-2009, 11:47 PM
I went down to stamp today and not only could I not find a certian punch, now I am not even sure if I really do own it or not! Geez!

Nancy
11-07-2009, 10:08 AM
I thought that only happened to me. Just kidding. I lose more stuff but I want you to know out of all the stamps I have and the years I have been stamping, I have only 4 stamps that I purchased a second time. Now tell me how do you lose a cutting board????? I must have left it someplace and not at Shadoobs- Nancy

dancing queen
11-08-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm constantly losing stuff but it usually turns up eventually.... thanks for posting this. seems as though there's a lot of us who will sleep easier this evening knowing we're not alone.