PDA

View Full Version : Best Inks/Papers for Copics

MnMommy2
11-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Ok, I'm slowly getting back into stamping witha long 8 months hiatus. I have 3 sets of Copics and I'm trying to learn how to use them. I've colored a few images and I'm just not happy! lol
What papers do you use with them and what inkpad is best?
Where do you buy the papers?

I have a cute Whipper Snapper house stamp that I want to make a card for a friend and give it to her tomorrow at work and I'm about to pull my hair out because I just think the image looks flat. I've used a few different white cardstock that I have on hand, and I think its the paper.
I was going to stop at the LSS on the way home from a bday party today, is there anything that J's or M's sells that will work nicely with Copics?

thanks!

kerry
11-07-2009, 02:19 PM
I use memento ink with my copics. I also use versafine onyx only when I clear emboss it.

As for paper, I use the Georgia Pacific from WalMart but that's not the best. I also love this white cardstock you can find in the self serve section of Kinkos...It works awesome and you can pick it up when you print your own digi images on their printers.

Many also use Paper Trey Inks paper or Gina K's paper but it's too pricey for me so I ration mine...LOL.

Kerry

teabear
11-07-2009, 02:21 PM
I just got some copics and have been playing with them. For now, I'm using scrap paper. I have some GinaK Pure Luxury 80 pound cardstock that I'm saving to use when I get the shading down a bit. I'm using Memento ink to stamp my images.