PDA

View Full Version : Another honesty story

jazzypurple853
11-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Today, I went to Walmart to get some items. So when I get home, I look for my receipt, and my check,can't find it anywhere.I remember the clerk giving me back my liscense, the receipt and my check. Walmart gives you back the check, cause it's automatically taken out of your checking account.

I can;t seem to find either , the receipt or the check. I search everywhere, my purse, the car. No luck .So after frantically searching everywhere for a period of time . I decide to call the store. Someone found my check. So at that point, the clerk asks whether I want to them to tear up the check. I said no, I'll come get it.

So , I go back to walmart, they give me back my check but no receipt. It was okay with no receipt. I was more concerned with the my checking information. I did ask the clerk who had found it, it was an associate.
They found it outside. So I'm not sure, if I dropped it on the way to the car, or when I was putting my items in the trunk.

cindi
11-08-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm glad you got it back. Good for the honest clerk
:)

ccstampin12
11-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Glad this has a happy ending!
WHEW!
Joanie

HeatherJ
11-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Whew, luckily you thought to check right away. That is an interesting system, we don't have anything like that here. No stores will take personal cheques anymore.

Stampo
11-08-2009, 10:09 PM
I had that system in my store for a while but it was pretty useless as it didn't guarantee the check was good... just that the person hadn't been bouncing checks. I had another one that put the money in instantly just like a credit card but hardly anyone used it as everyone has a credit or debit card now so I dropped it too. Anyway, I'm glad you got your check back... I have that same panic when I can't locate my credit card.