PDA

View Full Version : Used Christmas Cards...

dancing queen
11-08-2009, 03:12 PM
A friend of mine just sent me the following email. I didn't have an answer, but I thought someone here might...

"Does anyone know of an organization which accepts Christmas cards (previously sent)? A friend has lots to discard but does not want to throw them away."

So ladies, is there someone out there who might have an answer? thanks.

jazzypurple853
11-08-2009, 03:26 PM
I couldn't find anything. But maybe a local grammar school would take them, or a local church for Sunday school.

tojoco
11-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Here's a very worthwhile cause that will accept used greeting cards. And since St. Jude's is here in Memphis, TN, I will call them to see if they also accept them right here and I will personally deliver them to the hospital.

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4885675_donating-used-greeting-cards.html

kerry
11-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Yes, St. Judes takes them, so does Children's Hospital. I know that there are many retirement homes and assisted living places that use them to re-make cards as therapy.

You might check with your local retirement home. I know my aunt loved getting them for her "patients" to work on during some of her crafting sessions.

Kerry

directmailscrapper
11-08-2009, 04:02 PM
There is a group of ladies from our church that asks for old Christmas cards. If you'd like, you can send them to me and I'll take them to the church. I think they make new cards out of them.

dancing queen
11-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Thank you so much! I knew you guys would come through. I just sent an email to my friend and gave her all of this information. I'm sure one of these suggestions will work. Gotta love bein' here at the Shack where at the drop of a hat you can get answers to almost anything. Thanks again.