11-12-2009, 02:10 PM
1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
2 eggs
2 (26 ounce) jars of pasta sauce, any flavor
1 pound Italian Sausage, cooked and drained
Lasagna Noodles, uncooked
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 F. In a medium bowl combine ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and eggs; mix well. In a 13x9 pan, spread 1 cup pasta sauce. Top with half each of the uncooked lasagna noodles, ricotta cheese mixture, sausage, remaining pasta sauce and mozzarella. Repeat layering. Cover tightly; bake 1 hour. Uncover, bake an additional 15 mins. or until hot. Let stand 15 mins. before serving.

dancing queen
11-12-2009, 03:58 PM
This may sound like a stupid question, but are you using regular lasagna noodles or the ones that are called "no-boil" lasagna noodles? I've heard of people using both so I thought I should ask. thanks.

Christie
11-12-2009, 05:00 PM
This may sound like a stupid question, but are you using regular lasagna noodles or the ones that are called "no-boil" lasagna noodles? I've heard of people using both so I thought I should ask. thanks.

Just regular lasagna noodles. I didn't even know they made No boil noodles!:wideeyed:

cindi
11-12-2009, 05:19 PM
my mom..the master of all things cooked..lol told me any noodle can be no cook if you use enough liquids..in this case sauce. She's never wrong, so I wouldn't
spend more just because something says no boil, just bump up the liquids
:)

loobylou
11-12-2009, 05:23 PM
This is soooo different to how I make my lasagne. i am going to have to try it for sure. Tell me, what is italian sausage?- is it sausages with skin on, or is it a loose mince/ground meat?

cindi
11-12-2009, 05:25 PM
This is soooo different to how I make my lasagne. i am going to have to try it for sure. Tell me, what is italian sausage?- is it sausages with skin on, or is it a loose mince/ground meat?

it can be either way, Itailan sausage is the seasoned kind not the breakfast kind. we get it as sweet or hot. does thta help?

Christie
11-12-2009, 05:39 PM
a style of pork sausage which is noted for its seasoning of fennel and/or anise. i usually use mild. i buy mine in casing and then take it off when i cook it.

directmailscrapper
11-12-2009, 07:45 PM
This is similar to my lasagna -- I tend to use the San Giorgio no-boil zig-zag lasagna noodles -- some of the others get gummy. I use 2lbs of sausage -- in the 1lb tubes -- one hot -- one mild. We also like ours tomato-ey -- So I take 2 cans of finely chopped tomatoes and split them up between layers -- juice and all. I usually add italian spices to my ricotta mixture. But our recipes are basically the same! Yum!