PDA

View Full Version : Who's has been cooking and who's not?

Paula Carden
11-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Not me- we will be heading out to Cracker Barrell very soon! Just the 2 of us now so we don't usually cook Thanksgiving at home! This afternoon I will get to nap or stamp and then perhaps we will head out to a movie "Old Dogs".
Waiting for some snow later tonight or in the early am.

Rebecca
11-26-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm cooking today...eating at 2. First time I am doing the whole dinner myself...dh is helping.....I hope it's good. I will be stamping tonight to relieve the stress of the day.

workin4stamps
11-26-2009, 09:01 AM
We do not have any plans for today. We had a Thanksgiving on Sunday, we have one tomorrow, and then another one on Sunday. Today we didn't have anything going on except to maybe go to a movie. Didn't know that Cracker Barrel was open today! HMMMM....I might see some chicken and dumplings in my future!!

mahodgman
11-26-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm cooking at my Dad's house later today. I baked a frozen pie last night (cheating, I know) and boiled some eggs. I'm going to make some deviled eggs here in a few minutes, and then my sis and I will cook the rest of it this afternoon. Dad is deep frying the turkey, so it is really quick!

Artyfarty
11-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Hmm does mash potato count as cooking lol we having bangers (sausages) n mash for tea as we dont normally celebrate Thanksgiving over here.

cindi
11-26-2009, 10:05 AM
All i had to make ws green bean casserole, so I put it together last night and need to go put it in the oven soon..we eat at my folks at noon
:)

Christie
11-26-2009, 10:40 AM
i've been up since about 5 and cooking since around 5.30. It's 9.40 and I'm taking a break!! I'm tired already and still have a ton of stuff left to do including getting myself ready! Everyone is suppose to be here around one

ccstampin12
11-26-2009, 10:54 AM
I am not cooking!
My favorite thing to make for Thanksgiving is reservations!;)
Going to meet DS at a great buffet we have attended in past years.
He is driving here from CT this morning with his dog.
Dog will be fine in the car as it's nice and cool here.
I went to the gym this morning and burned 263 calories! I think I will have a small piece of apple pie! LOL
(Couldn't believe the gym was open this morning!)
Happy TURKEY Day all!
Joanie

Paula Carden
11-26-2009, 01:18 PM
I am not cooking!
My favorite thing to make for Thanksgiving is reservations!;)
Going to meet DS at a great buffet we have attended in past years.
He is driving here from CT this morning with his dog.
Dog will be fine in the car as it's nice and cool here.
I went to the gym this morning and burned 263 calories! I think I will have a small piece of apple pie! LOL
(Couldn't believe the gym was open this morning!)
Happy TURKEY Day all!
Joanie

I am with you! I use to cook and cook but now I love going out! It is so much more enjoyable and we took the dog with us and he waited in the car. He had a little ham on the way home.
Enjoy your buffet and time with your son!

coco_kitty
11-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Just made strawberry mini cheesecakes...going to a friends' for lunch so didn't have to do a full-blown meal:D

iloveflipflops
11-26-2009, 02:00 PM
I am cooking a turkey now. Next will be the ham. We are having Charlie's son over and then us so I am not making a ton but "enough" for left-overs tomorrow.

cindi
11-26-2009, 03:49 PM
oh ya, I forgot i made onion dip too, gary & I usually don't eat supper on a holiday night, we like to have snacks and maybe a slice of pie..bad I know.
So whenever we feel the urge we will have chips and dip
:)

maxiesmom
11-26-2009, 05:49 PM
I did not cook, we went out to a hotel buffet we all went to last year. Very good food, I once again managed to overstuff myself even while trying to not do so. I feel like I've been to the buffets in Vegas!

teabear
11-26-2009, 09:09 PM
I wish I went to Cracker Barrel today, Paula. I love that place. I cooked my second Thanksgiving dinner today. The first one was turkey on Saturday at my house. Today I made a ham dinner at my parent's house. No complaints from me, though. Mom's home from the hospital. So much to be thankful for.

cindi
11-26-2009, 10:09 PM
I wish I went to Cracker Barrel today, Paula. I love that place. I cooked my second Thanksgiving dinner today. The first one was turkey on Saturday at my house. Today I made a ham dinner at my parent's house. No complaints from me, though. Mom's home from the hospital. So much to be thankful for.

That's awesome Tami!!! how nicwe for everyone that she is home for teh holiday...
:wubclub: