PDA

View Full Version : My first thanksgiving home alone

midnitecreations
11-27-2009, 04:48 PM
I've been under the weather quite a bit lately and for the first time in our 22 years of marriage, we decided to spend Thanksgiving at home rather than either at my mom's or my in-laws. This was a last minute decision (hoping I'd feel better), so the kids and I went food shopping on Wednesday. Got us a ham and a frozen turkey. No fresh turkeys left. I've not cooked a turkey ever before and have only done a couple of hams in all these years. So, this was a lot of fun and googling a lot of sites to make sure I thawed out the turkey properly and cooked everything right. Well, guess what...we had a fantastic thanksgiving and didn't have to use our backup plan of "chicken something". The turkey was golden and juicy and picture perfect and my youngest who hates ham is in love with ham now. And the best part...I've got three days to just hang around the house, read books and create. No traveling. I love this. Wonder if we can make this our new tradition!! Now to see if I owe anyone any cards or something:eek:

Patty
11-27-2009, 06:27 PM
Renu---It sounds like a great holiday. Sounds like everything was delicious and like maybe you were feeling a little bit better. Hope so. You can always have a big family dinner another time---even with the turkey or ham.

midnitecreations
11-27-2009, 06:43 PM
thanks Patty. I'm feeling better each day, but not enough energy to want to be gone from my comfy bed for 4 days!

Far North
11-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Oh quiet, low-key holidays are some of best. I like the part that includes lots of paper plates to prepare ones own leftovers. Renu hope you will be feeling all perky soon!

cindi
11-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Good for you Renu!! I hope you are feeling better soon and enjoying those leftovers! How nice to have extra crafting time
:)

teabear
11-27-2009, 07:38 PM
So sorry to hear you've been feeling sick, Renu. Holidays at home are nice, though. Enjoy the quiet time.

midnitecreations
11-27-2009, 09:37 PM
I never set out to spend time at home this holiday, but now that we have, no one wants to go to the grandparents next year. I guess I didn't burn the turkey or the ham!! lol And yes this quite time at home is amazing.

workin4stamps
11-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Sounds good to me!!! We love to spend our holidays at home alone!!