PDA

View Full Version : Project Day has left the building

maxiesmom
11-27-2009, 11:03 PM
It came and went without incident this year. I think maybe my niece needed to be a little older as she was great this year, stayed interested and enjoyed all the stuff we did. And she and her 13 y/o brother didn't even squabble at all. We made Rice Krispie treat stuff, colored green and they cut out & decorated as trees and wreaths. My sil has never made them for the kids, so he requested we do that this year.

We also did the circle pretzels with the Hershey kiss and tried a rocky road cookie cup recipe. They both made the acrylic ornament and liked doing that. And then we played around with shrink plastic. They were over for about 6 hours, oh and we went to Culvers for dinner.

And David twisted his ankle taking stuff outside to cool down, but he's pretty much ok now. He rested, elevated, iced and Motrin'd it most of the afternoon and can put pressure on it now. Hopefully it won't swell up overnight.
I'm very tired now. :sleep:

cindi
11-27-2009, 11:15 PM
so gald the treats went well.. bummer about david's ankle! I hope it's ok
:)

Far North
11-28-2009, 03:29 AM
After all your planning it is terrific to hear that everyone had a great time (sorry David!).

workin4stamps
11-28-2009, 05:46 AM
I think it's so great that you do this with them every year!! What a great aunt you are!!

teabear
11-28-2009, 09:11 AM
That sounds like tons of fun. I wish my nieces and nephews lived close enough for a project day :)

maxiesmom
11-28-2009, 09:54 AM
I think it's so great that you do this with them every year!! What a great aunt you are!!

Thank you, I try to be the aunt that I didn't have. Mine were several states away and I didn't see them much. I already have all our projects lined up for next year, I had that many ready to go! :laugh: They love the food treats, I'm a little bummed, all those goodies were made yesterday and none of them are in MY house! :sad: We'll definitley do more of those next year, I'm thinking cut out sugar cookies. They really had fun decorating the rice krispie trees & wreaths.
Christie's ribbon spool ornament is on the list as are the paper cocoa mugs with a cocoa pack inside. Those are even all cut out and ready for them to pick a paper and decorate but auntie ran out of steam!

Oh and I found a cookie recipe this morning while going through my magazines that's a no bake and I think we'll do that up at the cottage this summer.

iloveflipflops
11-28-2009, 10:24 AM
How is David's ankle this morning? Hopefully its not broken :(.

That's great you do that with your nieces and nephews. Pretty soon they won't want to be "seen" with you and then its not "cool" ya know. LOL

maxiesmom
11-28-2009, 10:44 AM
How is David's ankle this morning? Hopefully its not broken :(

Nope, not broken. He said it's a little sore and but hardly swollen! Yeah!

gssoccermom
11-28-2009, 12:52 PM
I also have a day were all of my nieces come over to my house and we bake all different kinds of cookies they each get to pick out a kind and we all help make them. All of my sil's don't really cook so they come to aunt Suzy's and make cookies for santa. We have a great time but it takes a day just to clean my kitchen but I don't mind at all it turns in to a complete giggle fest and I love it. It is so funny to watch my dd's help their nices.