PDA

View Full Version : Sherri - what was the final decision on

My3Ds
12-02-2009, 05:02 PM
Emily's Senior project? I probably missed the update. :(

iloveflipflops
12-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Ah, I see your avatar fairy helped you with a new avatar for the holidays!! Cute!!

I'm not sure I posted or not what the latest is... Tomorrow she is going to the elem school nearby and will be reading her "book" that she created online to a kindergarten class. Because she (or I should say "I" since I am going along) will be taking photos of the kids in the classroom watching her read her book to them, she had to give the kids each a waiver saying they are allowed to get their pictures taken for the Senior Project. I wonder how many kids will bring back their wavers signed. We do all that at 10 am. She will go into school late tomorrow and it WILL NOT be excused (i am having a fit over that but what can I do?). After she reads to the class, she will have until next Wed to add photos from what she does there at the school into her binder and she turns in her binder next Wed. Then, we wait to see what grade she gets on it and she will do her verbal presentation Jan 7th.

maxiesmom
12-02-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm sorry, that just sounds like a whole bunch of hooey. Not what Em is doing, the school nonsense.

iloveflipflops
12-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Yes kathy .... that's a "nice" way of putting it :).

suzi_f
12-02-2009, 11:17 PM
I would be SOOOOO PI$$ED over her not being excused. That is every color of WRONG!!! (of course, the whole mess is wrong!) I hope it all comes out ok! Are you considering putting Nicholas in private school for his SR year now???

cindi
12-02-2009, 11:17 PM
yes I have to agree..what a bunch of crap!!! I'm glad we don't have that requirement here!! Go Emily Go!!
:)

Far North
12-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Poor dear, that sounds like more than enough stress!...seems like that would be a possible contributor to her fainting. Hope you celebrate getting past this crazy phase...and help the entire family get rid of some tension.

My3Ds
12-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Better you than me! Emily has definitely learned a lot from this project and it's not at all what the school wanted her to learn. I know she will do well today. good luck.