PDA

View Full Version : Am I alone in my despise of mounting stamps?

jdpisces
10-23-2006, 11:52 AM
I have had these unmounted stamps sitting on the corner of my desk waiting to be mounted and I absolutely can't stand doing this! It's so messy and sticky and I am pretty much no good at it!

Do you cut the rubber first and then mount it to the foam or do you cut both at the same time?

:( :(
Julie

Sherry
10-23-2006, 11:55 AM
Hi Julie,

I sympathize with you - not one of the more enjoyable tasks when it comes to stamping. If I were you, I would mount the stamp on to the foam first and then cut.

mcourtney
10-23-2006, 12:38 PM
I used to mount my rubber on foam also then cut. Then I discovered Tack N Peel and I'll never use foam again. I just slap the trimmed rubber onto my acrylic block that has Tack N Peel on it and stamp away. When I'm done I pull the rubber off, wash it in the sink and put it away. I can put twice as many stamps into a CD case without the foam. It's pricey..about $10.00 for a 4 x 6 piece but I was spending 3 times that just in EZ Mount.

Mary :0)

Erin K
10-23-2006, 12:44 PM
I don't mount mine. I just put some double stick tape on my acrylic block and slap my rubber on there and stamp away, then peel it back off when I'm done. I do stamp on top of this purple cushin thingie that's made for stamping on.

Whoopsie Daisy!
10-23-2006, 12:55 PM
I hate to tell you this, but I actually trim and mount SU stamps for clients who spend more than $60 in stamp sets. I also do this for first-time clients as a one-time complimentary service if their order is under $60.

The sad part is that I am so meticulous about trimming away the excess. It usually takes me a good 15 minutes to trim the easiest of the stamp sets.

:) jane

iloveflipflops
10-23-2006, 12:55 PM
I cut my rubber down then stick it onto the cling stuff then cut it again. This works for me. I gotta have the cling on stuff :) I don't mind it really!! Want me to come up and do all of yours??? I am sure you have some really cute stamps that are just dying to be used!!! Get them mounted!!

jdpisces
10-23-2006, 01:41 PM
Actually, Sherri....yes. I would LOVE for you to come up and mount all of my stamps! You wouldn't beleive all of the stamps I have just mounted!

I haven't been feeling well again, so the doctor says I am off work until the 6th of November...so I will be around!

Julie

iloveflipflops
10-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Another week or 2 off? That's nice :). Who is doing your job while you are away?

I mounted all of Diana W's TAC stamps she brought to Greensboro. I didn't mind at al.

jdpisces
10-23-2006, 01:49 PM
yep...another 2 weeks off. I have other people in my department who will cover for me. THe good thing is that I get paid.

I am just finishing up my last set of unmounteds. There is a light at the end of the tunnel....

iloveflipflops
10-23-2006, 02:29 PM
That is super duper!!

See? You are making huge progress on your unmounted stamps.

Are you going to chat tonite? I may be in there at 8 pm est IF we find the kids coats and are home shopping by then.

jdpisces
10-23-2006, 02:47 PM
That is super duper!!

See? You are making huge progress on your unmounted stamps.

Are you going to chat tonite? I may be in there at 8 pm est IF we find the kids coats and are home shopping by then.
If I'm awake.... I will be there! :)

Alli
10-23-2006, 03:25 PM
As long as I don't have more than 6 or 7 sets, I love mounting SU sets. There is just something about having new rubber that gets me really excited, lol! I don't allow myself to play with any of my new stamps until I have mounted and stamped them all into my stamp file. Yep I am sad enough to have a stamp file with every stamp I own put into sections. :D

stampcrazyjulie
10-26-2006, 11:30 AM
Sherri!!! I need your help! Please come ASAP! :D

I am like Erin. I slap some double sided tape or even my mono adhesive stuff & stamp away. I then just peel it off & wash.

I do have all of my SU! & misc Stamps still on wood blocks though. I can't seem to part with the wood look...yet! :)

I have about 30 SU! Sets that haven't been mounted yet though, & I am trying to decide if I should just leave them UM & cut out...if I don't see them mounted then I think I will be OK that they are UM....:eek:

Beaglelover
10-26-2006, 02:11 PM
I am right there with ya girl..

I am very lucky to have a TAC rep who LOVES to do it (while watching tv). She cuts, mounts, and puts them in CD cases (I supply these).

Trish is God's gift to me.

I would be willing to pay a little extra for stamps if they would do it at the factory. Can put a man on the moon can't they????

Teresa

Erin K
10-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Daisy D's SeeDee's stamps are already cut around (you have to pop them out, then throw away some) and are in a CD sized case already. That is nice.

I don't mind cutting.

Oh did I already tellyou all to index them like this:
Get your stazon ink
Before you put your stamp on the cling stuff ink it up with stazon
Stamp it onto the clingy side of the foam with the stazon (don't cut it down first, do the whole set)
Then peel the paper to expose the sticky and stick the sheet down. (make sure you do it right up so you line up with what you stamped
Then when you cut it will have the image on the back of the foam. it's perfect for phrase stamps because they can be hard to read.

stampcrazyjulie
10-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Thanks Erin for the info on that....that is a really good idea! :)