PDA

View Full Version : Excitement! Hallmark ornaments in Australia!

loobylou
12-14-2009, 12:32 AM
I have heard all my Shackie friends talking about Hallmark ornaments for years, and never seen them here in Australia. I was so excited today to see them in Target- and marked down to half price too...woohoo for me! I have decided to start collecting them for my Great nephew who just turned one. I bought him the "noah's ark" for this year. I wonder if we have the same range as USA, or something a little different?

hbpuppy
12-14-2009, 12:54 AM
That is big-time Possum. I'm not an expert but they have a gazillion every year. I have a former First Lady Jackie Kennedy ornament that is my favorite. The ornaments come in all kinds of themes and they are different every year.

milmogando
12-14-2009, 02:46 AM
really? target?? i'm going to have a look - i buy my kids 1 ornament each, each year.

loobylou
12-14-2009, 03:28 AM
I buy my boys an ornament each year too, Kirsty. They are teenagers now and have a nice little collection going for when they leave home. There wasn'ta huge range left in my Target, but I know I saw a couple of Disney princess types, a few different ones with numbers on, and I can't remember what else. As soon as I saw the Ark, I stopped looking!

milmogando
12-14-2009, 05:28 AM
worth a look i think! i started the ornament thing when clemency was born (06) and caleb (98) reckons i he's entitled to 2 every year so that he has the same number when he leaves home as the young ones will have... he does have a point i guess!!

maxiesmom
12-14-2009, 07:43 AM
Wow, at Target? I am assuming your Target is our Target although I probably shouldn't. We have WAY too many Hallmark ornaments, to the point some years certain series don't make it on the tree. I need to take a pic of our huge tree that is loaded with ornaments.

Please make them stop making Frosty Friends! I love them but c'mon there are over 30 of them, I think. Cool beans on getting them down there. There are some cute ones.

tojoco
12-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Sarah, I'm so glad you're able to start collecting the Hallmark ornaments. I love them and have been collecting them for years. My entire tree is of Hallmark ornaments and each year I buy one for Tom usually related to golf. I always buy the "Son" ornament for Corey. Then after the holidays they usually go on sale and I'll pick up another one or two for the next year. My sister started giving me a "sister to sister" ornament quite a few years ago and I also get the "mother/daughter" one from my Mom.

loobylou
12-14-2009, 08:19 AM
it sounds like you have WAY more of a range than I saw today, Joanne!

Kathy- i think our Target is YOUR target, same logo etc but you have heaps more stuff!

tojoco
12-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Sarah, when you get a chance, go to www.hallmark.com, scroll down to the bottom and click on "keepsake ornaments." You should be able to see the entire collection.

Patty
12-14-2009, 08:56 AM
Wow--that's really neat. I have enough ornys for prob 3 trees and this year I didn't put any tree up. It just seems like so much work and I'm the only one here. I did go to my dd's yesterday and watched them put up their tree...I'll be there for Christmas Eve and Day.I'm glad you finally have Hallmarks...but I am SHOCKED that it took so long to get them there. If you watch the news and the commercials on TV it seems like everything is everywhere!!! No?

loobylou
12-14-2009, 09:08 AM
I admit, it is possible that Hallmark ornaments were always here, but I never came across them before! (I do tend to walk around with blinkers on!) We do have Hallmark cards, had them forever, but we do not have Hallmark stores. The cards are sold in grocery and department stores and newsagencies.

Christie
12-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Better be careful, those things can get expensive!!!!!!

loobylou
12-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Better be careful, those things can get expensive!!!!!!

I saw that! The R.R.P of the Noah's Ark ornament was $24.99 Australian. I got it for $12.49. I don't think I would have paid the full price. I'm too cheap!

suzi_f
12-14-2009, 12:17 PM
I've collected ornaments for my kids since they were born too. But, I don't know if I'll be able to let them go when they move out!! They mean so much to me too!!! I'll probalby keep their first Christmas one, at least until they have kids of their own.

maxiesmom
12-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Oh tell me about how expensive they are! David started collecting the train series a few years ago AND he started it for his dad and an older friend of his. So every year I have to buy the train now trains because they now have a locomotive, tender and boxcar times 3!!! The cheapest one is 14.50, I spent almost 150.00 just on train ornaments this year! :arghh:

On the bright side at least we put them away to give to his dad as part of his Christmas present so I have half his gift bought by July which is when the "ornament premiere" weekend is! Just what you want to be buying in July.