PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Christmas Presents

hbpuppy
12-14-2009, 01:08 AM
This year I have a boyfriend. I have no idea what to get him. What do you get guys? Do you get them a lot of little things or one big thing? Do I go practical or something totally fun? My guy is not the type to drop hints so he's really hard to shop for. Help!!!

Artyfarty
12-14-2009, 02:36 AM
Buying for hubby was easy this year, I heard him whimper to himself he had broke his expensive drill and not one for saying what he would love for xmas I used my savings to go buy him a new one....cannot wait to see his face on christmas morn .

loobylou
12-14-2009, 04:14 AM
I usually buy my hubby an "experience"- like bungy jumping, or flying a plane, or swimming with the sharks in the aquarium, or a ride on a jet boat. He likes the thrills!

milmogando
12-14-2009, 04:17 AM
mines getting movie tickets to avatar 3D!

lakeslady
12-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Heather I am so pleased that you have someone special to share Christmas with.
Does he have any hobbies that can give you a clue, or is he fond of the great outdoors or sport, even movies or TV.........something must give you a hint!
Just remember the old adage, it really is the thought that counts

cindi
12-14-2009, 10:51 AM
wrap a big red bow around yourself & haVE him meet you at the Christmas tree!!
or
did you say he's a cyclist?? maybe something related to that?
:)

teabear
12-14-2009, 11:11 AM
If he has a hobby that's always a great place to start. My hubby is getting a printmaking book, a duck decoy to add to his collection, and a sweater (vintage cashmere newly dry cleaned :) ) this year from me. Kyle got him a fishing license and my parents got him a new fly rod and reel.

Christie
12-14-2009, 12:58 PM
I bought nathan a cd, a houston rockets sweater and a craftsman tool box thing. he was easy this year!!!

suzi_f
12-14-2009, 01:23 PM
Blu Rays and Baseball cards. Of course, that's what my hubby's into so, he was pretty easy. I can't be of help w/normal guy presents. My dad's impossible to buy for to. Last year, he got anti-freeze!

directmailscrapper
12-14-2009, 01:24 PM
I bought Richard clothes, a DVD and steam carpet cleaner. The carpet cleaner might seem like stupid idea -- but I think it's brilliant! We have 3 cats -- one is very, very, very old and tends to puke on the carpets -- a lot! Although we both clean up accidents when we encounter them, Richard is the main puke cleaner-upper. We have a Spot Bot which is a small carpet cleaner that works pretty well, but our carpets are looking worse for wear. I'm not replacing the carpets until our dear Simon has "moved on", so this carpet steamer should be a help!