PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered my very first Copics

andalcam
12-15-2009, 08:31 PM
I am so excited! I just placed my first order for Copic markers. I ordered 30 of the Sketch markers in combos of 3 for shading. I will start with these and then figure I can add to them 3 or 6 at a time and it won't cost so much. Maybe I will buy the airbrush system later on but first I have to learn how to blend with the markers themselves. I realized after placing my order that I still have no purple or orange combos so I will definitely be placing another order shortly after Christmas. I also ordered Neenah paper as it was the only one I could find that shipped to Canada with reasonable shipping rates. Oh, and a Tsukineko ink pad. Have I forgot anything? If so please let me know, I will be very disappointed if everything arrives and I can't play because I didn't buy the right things.
:snowsmiling:

ngreek
12-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Enjoy your Copics... I am loving using what I have purchased.

cindi
12-15-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm sure you will love them!! have fun
:)

GSMom385
12-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Sounds like you have it covered, and have some total fun on the way. I love LOVE LOVE my markers. Only other thing you might want is some sort of pad or board with soaker paper on it. I use a plain old clip board from the dollar store and just tape plain copy paper to it. When it gets icky I tear it off and tape a new one on there to soak up under what you are coloring as sometimes they come thru. Don't just color on your table, or in my case a white table cloth, that ended up blue in one spot when I first started using them. I would also highly recommend a colorless blender if that wasn't one of your choices for your next round of purchases. Think of it like a magic fixer marker because it will wipe out any mistakes in coloring. It kind of works like a bleach pen and pushes the color away from where you use it. So if you color outside the lines you can push the color back into the lines again with the blender. It is my most used marker.

If you want some good ideas on blending and technique check out the www.ilikemarkers.blogspot.com (http://www.ilikemarkers.blogspot.com) and from there you can blog hop to the entire copic designer team. But maybe you have already checked that out if the copic bug has bit you too.

If you need help be sure to hollar, there are several of us on the board that have been to copic certification classes and I can't speak for everyone else but I am always happy to help.

Cinnistew
12-16-2009, 02:24 AM
Enjoy your markers! :)

Gina K's Pure Luxury cardstock is awesome for Copics. Also, here is the tutorial I found worked best for me: http://www.kiyomikrafts.com/kiyomi/2008/09/copics-101.html

Sandy
12-16-2009, 03:34 AM
Hi, I have worked with copics for awhile now and have attended the copic certification course, and am still learning. I found the stamping up card stock for those who can't access the american items good for the copics. I also bought a small plastic cutting board with the handle, and use that for my hard backing as I usually color when I am watching tv..passing the time. Another idea is to get the colour chart, print it out and color the boxes everytime you get a new copic, as it helps with the color matches, especially when you start to aquire several very close in numbers and colors.
Google the color chart printout. Enjoy