PDA

View Full Version : Christmas is almost here... are you ready?

iloveflipflops
12-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Got everything wrapped?
Got your menu planned?
Are you all done shopping?

My answers ....

No I am not ready. Almost though.
My menu is not planned as we are trying to figure out if Mom Thacker can get here from VA with all that snow she has.
I just started wrapping today. Will wrap the kids' gifts tomorrow while they are in school tomorrow and Tuesday.
Still need to get my last minute gift cards and I hope to do that tomorrow or Tues.

emmcee
12-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Nope, nothing here. With my bout of bronchitis, going to VA to see Mom for her birthday, my car broke down while we were there, the car is still in VA, my spirit for Christmas this year has been zapped. I finally got a few Christmas cards in the mail and have a few more of those to be mailed tomorrow. I'm sure by Christmas Eve, I'll have something together for us, however.

cindi
12-20-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm almost ready, I need to make my friends gifts tomorrow. we are going out Tusday, so I will be playing santa then, I also need to find out whta gary's sister needs me to bring, so not bad really
:)

Kreative Dryve
12-20-2009, 07:23 PM
No way! We are going to my sisters house, so I don't have to cook this year! Yeah!
My Christmas Cards are MIA, I have been dealing with health issues.
And my kids are going shopping the day after Christmas, I am definately a Grinch this year!

logcabincreations
12-20-2009, 08:10 PM
no, no and no. I feel like Scrooge....just call me Eb. We don't even have a Christmas tree--though I have three small trees in a grouping with lights on them. I am having a hard time with Jacob leaving this week for Afghanistan.

I will try to get all my shopping done and presents wrapped in the next three days. I have never been this late with Christmas.

patcreates
12-20-2009, 08:16 PM
I was going to finish up my shopping yesterday and get my baking done today, but I got sick, so none of that happened. So I'm definitely behind and once I get to the doc's tomorrow and get some meds (I think I have an ear and/or throat infection), I will get back on track. I am also throwing in the towel on the baking and will just hit the supermarket bakery. LOL

workin4stamps
12-20-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm ready!! The only thing I have to do is go to the grocery store, and I plan to do that tomorrow after work!

teabear
12-21-2009, 01:10 AM
It looks like Santa landed in my living room. The decorations are up, the gifts are wrapped, the cards are mailed, and the holiday menu is planned. I have a few gifts to finish making and I still need to bake cookies. Honestly, I've been running myself ragged the last few days getting it all together. My FIL arrived yesterday and is staying through the new year so I was trying to get it all done before he got here. I would have made it but he came in a day early. It's all good.

Christie
12-21-2009, 10:17 AM
I thought i was but Nathan has decided to buy something for the people at work. I was already baking them all cookies so now they will get cookies and a gift. I guess we will be doing that today then tomorrow after work I'll be baking up a storm.

Paula Carden
12-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Ready -we will leave Wed am to drive to West Virginia-we have rented a cabin in the park there in hopes of seeing wildlife and snow and do a little hiking with the dog.
We will put a small tree up when we get there-build a fire, cook Christmas dinner just for the two of us and the dog. I am looking forward to a getaway.
We have done Christmas with our families as my dh is only child and has a small extended family, I have one brother and a niece-did that yesterday. Friends-taken care of, work done-so I am ready for a holiday with my special sweetie.

Darleneh710
12-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Got everything wrapped?
Got your menu planned?
Are you all done shopping?

I have NOTHING wrapped...
Menu? Yeah, I think we are having turkey again...yum! I love turkey...I have to make a cheesecake too! Yum! There goes the diet....oh wait! What diet...I have gained like 10 lbs since I have been sick! Yikes! lol

Kinda done shopping...just have a couple of gift cards to get and then I will be done...so I guess the answe is NO lol

Paula Carden
12-21-2009, 10:26 AM
No way! We are going to my sisters house, so I don't have to cook this year! Yeah!
My Christmas Cards are MIA, I have been dealing with health issues.
And my kids are going shopping the day after Christmas, I am definately a Grinch this year!

Hope you are on track to feeling better!