PDA

View Full Version : What did you ask Santa for this year?

Fief14
12-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Anything Stamping related?

I've asked for Copic Ciao markers, and of course a black Momento ink pad to go with them. What about you?

teabear
12-21-2009, 01:12 AM
I know I asked for a few things, but I forget now what they were. At least I'll be surprised :)

scraphappy908
12-21-2009, 07:25 AM
Anything Stamping related?

I've asked for Copic Ciao markers, and of course a black Momento ink pad to go with them. What about you?

When my dear old friend and neighbor came back for Thanksgiving, she brought her Copic markers. (She has everyone of them) She taught me how to color and shade with them. I fell in love!
My hubby asked her how much the sets were, he just about fell off his chair. I think he was considering them as a Christmas present for me but I will probably be lucky to get a 64 count box of Crayolas with the built-in sharpener!! :rolleyes:

Paula Carden
12-21-2009, 07:43 AM
When my dear old friend and neighbor came back for Thanksgiving, she brought her Copic markers. (She has everyone of them) She taught me how to color and shade with them. I fell in love!
My hubby asked her how much the sets were, he just about fell off his chair. I think he was considering them as a Christmas present for me but I will probably be lucky to get a 64 count box of Crayolas with the built-in sharpener!! :rolleyes:

That is funny- he just doesn't realize that our toys are just as important as their toys. Perhaps you will get a few to start building your collection. I only have a few too but would love to learn to shade with them just as with the prisma pencils.

I asked for hardly anything- money for stamps and supplies, a lazysusan for my ink pads- it is here now I have it in use.
So whatever I get will be a surprise.

Paula Carden
12-21-2009, 07:44 AM
I love the memento ink pads- I have the black and a few of the small dew drops. I am thinking I could get rid most all the others and just have memento.
Get the refill for the black as it will be your most used pad.

Erin K
12-21-2009, 08:55 AM
I didn't have anything crafty on my list UNTIL I watched all the KWerner Christmas videos. Suddenly I knew my life would be complete if I had a We Are Memory Keepers Corner Chomper. Luckily my friend Roniece was still looking for an idea for me. She sent me a quick email to NOT buy the Corner Chomper. :)

So I think I'm getting that.

I mostly asked for a Swiffer Wet Jet (because I love a sexy Christmas present) and Bare Escentuals giftcards.

Paula Carden
12-21-2009, 09:10 AM
I didn't have anything crafty on my list UNTIL I watched all the KWerner Christmas videos. Suddenly I knew my life would be complete if I had a We Are Memory Keepers Corner Chomper. Luckily my friend Roniece was still looking for an idea for me. She sent me a quick email to NOT buy the Corner Chomper. :)

So I think I'm getting that.

I mostly asked for a Swiffer Wet Jet (because I love a sexy Christmas present) and Bare Escentuals giftcards.

I love the corner chomper! I only have the one that does the rounded corners at 1/2 and 1/4, but there are others to be had. Angie (Shuggy) recommended it and she is right-it is wonderful.

Artyfarty
12-21-2009, 09:19 AM
A greenhouse lol ok ok I know what was I thinking but I need one honestly. Other items on my list Rod Stewart soul cd. Some cute new clear stamps, pj's, make up, slippers, Ricci Ricci perfume and surprises. My main wish is for us to continue to love each other and have good health and let the world stay peaceful.

Christie
12-21-2009, 09:25 AM
He never shops for me without me. He got me a Brighton purse, a making memories paper trimmer and said he wanted to take me shopping still.

kimmyqtgirl
12-21-2009, 09:39 AM
I hope you all get what you asked for:). We stopped exchanging gifts a few years ago because alot of the family was having money problems. I kind of miss it all. No shopping no wrapping, i love wrapping! And that has led to no tree or decorations this year. I feel like a Scrooge. Lol. Hmmmm do I need to put a corner chomp on my want list?

Inkisallover
12-21-2009, 12:28 PM
I want a grandbaby in the worst way, but that's not going to happen. They don't ask me anymore...sigh. But I did get a new car a few months ago. Guess that'll have to do.

shuggy
12-21-2009, 12:33 PM
I love the memento ink pads- I have the black and a few of the small dew drops. I am thinking I could get rid most all the others and just have memento.
Get the refill for the black as it will be your most used pad.

i just can't feel the love with the memento. i can't get over my infatuation with versafine.:nod:

shuggy
12-21-2009, 12:34 PM

yup, you'll be in love.

shuggy
12-21-2009, 12:35 PM
Hmmmm do I need to put a corner chomp on my want list?

absolutely!!!

shuggy
12-21-2009, 12:37 PM
i have a feeling i'm getting a new big shot! (oh wait, i ordered it!) and i got a few other trinkets to go with it from su. i also have a feeling i'm getting some new prismacolor markers (oh wait...ordered those too!). we are boring. we are both just ordering our own thing and calling it from the other. it works better that way. i have no idea what kind of router he wants for the computer and he has no idea what a big shot is!

loobylou
12-21-2009, 06:09 PM
I asked for gold! no, not ink, jewellery!

ctinyjoy
12-21-2009, 06:19 PM
I told my hubby not to get me anything. We just bought me a new expedit cube system (24 of them stacked 4 by 6) from Ikea. We also just spent $1000 on his motorcycle for improvements. I did reserve a room for us in Charleston SC over MLK weekend. It is at the Vendue Inn in the historic district. He has never been there so I hope he is surprised!

cindi
12-21-2009, 06:34 PM
fun question!
I asked santa to bring me a new didgi camera at my folks house, since mine is being held together with a rubber band right now:nod:
I also asked him to give me some cash so when I see a good SALE on an ott lite I can gte one and have some $$ for online stamp shopping. I am also hoping he will put a bottle of Jim Beam under the tree for me
:)

Patty
12-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Nothing. No one asked me, and I didn't ask them. We'll all be surprised. My family would have no idea where to begin. They know I love Coldwater Creek, so I may get gift cards to there, but certainly no crafty stuff. They think I have it all anyway!!!

maxiesmom
12-21-2009, 08:25 PM
What is so special about that corner chomper? I am quite happy with my EK Success ones. I did get the certificate today from River City Rubber, I just like to have that paper in my hand! I wrote to mommy from Chester & Oscar on it and put it into my stocking since I told David the dogs wanted to get me an awesome stamping present when I ordered it! :nod:

I don't think I asked for anything crafty other than Archivers or HL gift cards, I do know I'm getting one of those since my SIL bought it for my FIL when we were there Saturday! I made a beeline for the cards when we went in, picked out a cute one and handed it over! I would keel over and die if there were some Nesties under the tree, but that'll never happen!

JBgreendawn
12-21-2009, 08:30 PM
I was totally stumped, so in desperation i said...
gift certificates for WOJ or SN sites, a new stereo for my truck ( an 1997 that plays cassette tapes of which tapes sound warbely when played in it), oh and i seen a thing that i think is made by Martha Stewart in the Impress site that says it is "fringe" scissors....

MnMommy2
12-21-2009, 10:42 PM
i wanted a new laptop for months as mine was dying fast. hubby stood in line the day after thanksgiving and got me a new HP laptop! No complaints, I love it and have no complaints about Windows 7 either!

Other papercraft items I requested were: A Cub Scout 12x12 scrapbook album, a Photoshop 7 Users Manual Book and a yearly subscription to Creative Photoshop Magazine. We shall see if Santa is good to me this year!

shuggy
12-21-2009, 11:22 PM
What is so special about that corner chomper? I am quite happy with my EK Success ones.

i just think it's more sturdy and easier to use than the little ones. plus, i can punch like 5 sheets of cardstock at once!

Firecracker
12-22-2009, 12:44 AM
I asked for a sewing machine this year. I want my mom to teach me to sew so I can sew on fabric or on my cards and scrapbook pages. I also asked for a new coat, clothes, Martha Stewart flannel sheets. I usually get some small craft items in my stocking and sometimes we sister will do some craft items. Hugs, Heather

directmailscrapper
12-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Angie, you crack me up! I do the same thing. I'm getting the sizzix die from SU -- top note? I ordered it online for DH and I saw the box the other day! I also gave him a Nesties set to give to me -- and a few other indulgences that I wouldn't have bought otherwise.

What I REALLY want, looks like I can't get. I drink a LOT of hot tea and Emily drinks a lot of cocoa. I want one of those instant-hot water faucets! My sister has one -- just go to the sink and you have instant hot, hot water! We had a plumber look under our sink and it doesn't look like there is room for one. :-( Oh well! I can always heat up a pot of water!

i have a feeling i'm getting a new big shot! (oh wait, i ordered it!) and i got a few other trinkets to go with it from su. i also have a feeling i'm getting some new prismacolor markers (oh wait...ordered those too!). we are boring. we are both just ordering our own thing and calling it from the other. it works better that way. i have no idea what kind of router he wants for the computer and he has no idea what a big shot is!

Spartymom
12-22-2009, 05:59 PM
Stamping related, I am getting a cuddlebug. I bought it though and it's wrapped. From my family, I asked for a whistle and compass (for camping) and a simple every watch. PRetty boring uh?

Paula Carden
12-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Angie, you crack me up! I do the same thing. I'm getting the sizzix die from SU -- top note? I ordered it online for DH and I saw the box the other day! I also gave him a Nesties set to give to me -- and a few other indulgences that I wouldn't have bought otherwise.

What I REALLY want, looks like I can't get. I drink a LOT of hot tea and Emily drinks a lot of cocoa. I want one of those instant-hot water faucets! My sister has one -- just go to the sink and you have instant hot, hot water! We had a plumber look under our sink and it doesn't look like there is room for one. :-( Oh well! I can always heat up a pot of water!

Oh shoot-that would be fun!! You could probably un-plumb the dishwasher-oh wait just kidding!
Sounds like you will have some fun things anyway. I usually buy myself a few craft items during the holidays but don't even bother with the wrapping. It is nice to have things you want tho. Look surprised on Christmas Day-your dh will be as he probably is like mine and has no idea what those things do anyway.

suzi_f
12-22-2009, 08:57 PM
I asked for an ATG & refills, a new C plate & replacement Label 1 Nesties and SU stuff. I KNOW I have the ATG & refills. And, my SU rep came w/a box of goodies last week. I bought a set of TH stamps & a snowman die that I gave to hubby to wrap. I sure hope the C plate & nesties are under there too!

iloveflipflops
12-22-2009, 09:38 PM
What did I ask Santa for????? I want the Martha Stewart Score It tool (not sure the proper name). I want slippers, a 2010 calendar for my stamping wall and a new Coach purse (that I picked out and already bought!)... :)

directmailscrapper
12-22-2009, 10:29 PM
I want a grandbaby in the worst way, but that's not going to happen. They don't ask me anymore...sigh. But I did get a new car a few months ago. Guess that'll have to do.

I didn't think Santa brought grandbabies.... LOL!

logcabincreations
12-22-2009, 10:31 PM
A large crockpot (my other one is dying) and an air compressor...lol I'm afraid of being stranded with a flat tire on my long drive to work, and I do not change tires, but I can blow one up :)