PDA

View Full Version : What my oldest DS wants for Christmas

midnitecreations
12-24-2009, 11:32 AM
My oldest DS is of an age he no longer believes in Santa. He believes in the spirit of the holiday but not in the jolly ole guy himself. However, because my youngest still believes, we go through the whole santa thing. We go to the mall and stand in a long line and take a pic with santa. Make cookies and leave those cookies and milk for the santa and some carrots for the reindeers. We make sure that the kids are asleep before midnite no matter what!! And that santa presents show up after midnite under the tree! lol. Now what does this have to do with the older DS Christmas gift, you ask. Well, when we went to the mall to take the Santa pic, santa asked us what we want. Well, the youngest asked for a star war toy, I told santa, I wanted a puppy, but I already knew I was getting that (this was before we had picked up cody). My oldest said he wanted a puppy too, but a "housebroken" puppy for christmas! I'd told him, we weren't going to be able to train the puppy in 2 weeks. Well, I think Santa sure delivered!! Our puppy is totally housebroken and Christmas isn't even till tomorrow!!!! Now if he could have asked Santa for a puppy that was housebroken and didn't nip so! lol

suzi_f
12-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Wow!! Awesome that you got him trained that fast. Glad you DS had the forethought to ask Santa for the "right" puppy!! Have fun!!!

cindi
12-24-2009, 12:20 PM
whata cute story! I'm glad the pup is doing so well. When we trained sam and she nipped my brother..he bit her back..she never nipped him again, lol
:)

Nancy
12-24-2009, 01:09 PM
Please as a present to me, how did you do that so fast. Please send instructions. Thanks- Nancy

midnitecreations
12-24-2009, 02:38 PM
whata cute story! I'm glad the pup is doing so well. When we trained sam and she nipped my brother..he bit her back..she never nipped him again, lol
:)

Your brother nipped him back! That was a photo capturing moment!! lol I'm working on just getting him to stop the nipping, and am 1/2 way there. I do know the older dog will definitely nip him one of these days and that'll stop the puppy from jumping and nipping him! Just hope the older dog doesn't nip back too hard.:eek:

midnitecreations
12-24-2009, 02:45 PM
Please as a present to me, how did you do that so fast. Please send instructions. Thanks- Nancy

Nancy, it's been hard work and a full team work. Since the first day we brought our 8 week ole puppy home, we started taking him out about once an hour, or whenever he was sniffing around even slightly. When he went to bed, my oldest ds woke up nearly every two hours and took him out. Then, the next day, we did it about once every two hours, or when he was sniffing around. I kept him penned up in the living room with me. It was like babysitting a newborn! I caught him starting to tinkle a bunch of times the first 3-4 days. I grabbed him litteraly in mid stream and ran him out. By the third/fourth day, we figured out a bunch of his patterns. Right after he ate, he had to go out, or right after he drank, or right after he woke up. So, that's when took him out. Also, each time we took him out, we said "let's go out". By the fifth day, I noticed that whenever I said, "let's go out", he went to the door leading outside. My first week with him has been quite restrictive, but it's really paid off. He now goes to the back door and paws it. We let him out and he does his business. He sleeps through the night. From about 9:30 - 7:00 in the morning. The oldest DS wakes him up whenever he's ready to go to bed, takes him out, and then puts the puppy in the crate. I'm really hoping that this will continue. The puppy has never done more than a tiny bit of tinkle in the house so far. So, we're really really thrilled. If all else fails, as Santa for the same wish my oldest DS asked for! lol. Hope this helps somewhat.