PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about Letterpressing???

kimmyqtgirl
12-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Today Kathy (maxiesmom) and I went to Archivers and saw this whole section with letterpressing supplies. It looks really nice. But the kit to get you started is like $70 and that doesn't include the machine! So it got me wondering if you could do it with a Cuttlebug and make a "press" out of two of the plates? or buying something compatible.

Anyone into Letterpressing? anyone know if it would work in your CB?

dancing queen
12-31-2009, 12:06 AM
never heard of it until now... but I'm certainly curious.

Paula Carden
12-31-2009, 06:42 AM
Oh no something else I am going to need?
Tell us more, I have never heard of it-

shadoob
12-31-2009, 10:50 AM
I have a friend that does it with the old fashioned machinery and knows everything (?) there is to know about it. If you want to contact him, his name is ED I. and is a friend of mine on facebook. Just tell him I sent you to him...he is VERY friendly and open and willing to share info.

shadoob
12-31-2009, 10:51 AM
(that was for those of you - esp. Kimmy who are on Facebook).

Patty
12-31-2009, 11:20 AM
I've herad of it but never thought about trying it. To do it now I would have to add a room on. If anyone posts here about how it's done and what it looks like, I would certainly be interested.

Erin K
12-31-2009, 02:07 PM
I LOVE letterpress. But it's a whole another craft. I don't think you could get QUITE the look with cuttlebug, but maybe similar.

I have a strong desire for letterpress personalized thank you cards. I always look in the stationary shops at that ordering area... swoon.

There is lots of cool letterpress on etsy if anyone wants to see some cool examples.

kimmyqtgirl
12-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Thanks girls. I did some looking on splitcoast too and the new home set by quick kutz they said can be ran through you cb. You have to buy the special ink and the press but it's small enough for a cb. I am sure it is no comparison to the old machine. I'll have to chat with your friend Cheryl :).

Erin K
12-31-2009, 02:15 PM
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=33529171&ref=sr_gallery_21&&ga_search_query=letterpress+notecard&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=13&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

OH

MY

HECK

kimmyqtgirl
12-31-2009, 02:50 PM
Wow. They had some really beautiful stationary.

Firecracker
12-31-2009, 04:00 PM
They showed it on our local noon news. It looks like a lot of fun and very easy but I'm running out of room for new things. It did show that you needed some kind of old die cut machine like the big shot, sizzix, but it didn't say anything about a cuttlebug. Hugs, Heather