PDA

View Full Version : re: my Blog Candy thread

IMBlessed5
01-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Ok, so I posted a thread yesterday in the "Blog Your Heart Out" forum about blog candy, and whether or not it was tacky to put used stamps up for a prize.

I've gotten some GREAT replies there - THANK YOU to all who have given input!!!

Problem is, I have replied to several of you and my posts are not showing up. So it looks like I posted the thread then completely ignored it, but that's simply not true. It's very frustrating! Is this because I'm a junior member that my posts have to be approved in the blog forum? If that's the case, maybe there needs to be more than one person approving comments. I understand that mods can't be on here 24/7, but I'm aggravated that I truly wanted advice and I can't reply to you!!!

Anyway, just wanted you to know I'm not ignoring you. And I think I WILL put together some great "pay it forward" type packages to give away on my blog soon!

Thanks again!

patcreates
01-02-2010, 09:23 AM
I replied to your thread not long after you posted it, and my post has not shown up yet either. :(

loobylou
01-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Vicki, i will approve your posts right now. I did approve the first post earlier today. As moderators don't get paid to be here, and actualy have families and lives of their own, unfortunately junior member do have to wait a little while for posts to be approved in the "blog your heart out forum". I can't see that changing anytime soon. Paid membership does have it's privileges, including being able to post without approval, and also advertise items for sale.

IMBlessed5
01-02-2010, 09:40 AM
Thanks Sarah!

And yes I know mods don't get paid and have lives of their own, LOL. I was a mod on a message board that no longer exists now, so I have an idea of how those things work. That's why I worded it the way I did about being here 24/7. It's impossible and I get that. We had multiple mods though that could approve all forums.

And I guess I do understand juniors having to be approved in the blog forum, because there could potentially be some unwanted spam or whatever there. I would never do that so I was just having a moment of frustration though, that's all. I just wanted my friends to know I wasn't ignoring them. ;)

Thanks again!!!! :D

loobylou
01-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Unfortunately we do have people, and even stamp companies fly by and try to get free advertising in the blog your heart out forum as junior members. Most of these people visit once, advertise then never come back. I always contact them and let them know that they can pay to advertise here if they like. None have taken the offer up so far! So, yes, unfortunately junior members with good intentions do get caught up in that rule too. Thankyou for your understanding.

IMBlessed5
01-02-2010, 10:29 AM
No problem Sarah. Sorry you have to deal with that!

maxiesmom
01-02-2010, 10:52 AM
I had no idea about anything ever needing to be approved, but for the record, Vicki, I never thought you had ignored anyone! I also didn't know you had to be a Plus member to sell things, you learn something new every day!

scrubbybubbles
01-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Glad your going with it!