PDA

View Full Version : The snow has not let up!

HeatherJ
01-02-2010, 04:13 PM
It started yesterday morning at 10:30 and here it is after 5 pm the next day and it is still snowing!

I can't see out my kitchen window, the plow driver always dumps the street's snow in front of our house since it is on a corner.

scraphappy908
01-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Oh my goodness Heather! I certainly hope you don't have to go anywhere for a few days. My kids are praying for snow so they won't have to go back to school on Monday!

countrystamper
01-02-2010, 04:22 PM
that is alot of snow. we have bitter wind chills here so don't even want to go out.

Mrs. Fence
01-02-2010, 04:32 PM
We had snow most of yesterday and all of today. I'm not sure how much has piled up, but our plow trucks have been out twice already! Hubby said it was quite slippery on the streets when he was out. Be careful if you have to go out! -great photos

Far North
01-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Sorry to all of you in the North East. Yeah no drifts for us today. Just plain too cold for much snow here right now it is 33 below zero (F)...-36 C. Truly it doesn't snow much after 30 below.

cindi
01-02-2010, 04:56 PM
great pics! Looks like here. gary has plowed twice yesterday & twice today plus has to snow blow too..it's going to go all night long with up to 50 mile an hour wind gust here for us..ending sometime tomorrow..I'd love to jet outta here to cancun about now
:)

HeatherJ
01-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Cindi, wouldn't that be nice! :)

My DS is hoping it keeps snowing and they cancel school Monday but I told him that was not going to happen. We actually haven't had a storm yet this school year. We usually have at least one before Christmas. They added days onto the school calendar a number of years ago to allow for them and not have to make time up.

Firecracker
01-02-2010, 05:26 PM
You really did get dumped with snow. Hugs, Heather

Paula Carden
01-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Great pics Heather! I love snow! It is just cold and windy here -we will be in the single digits with windchills below zero- cold for us here in WNC. We had flurries early this am but too cold to snow now.
Can't imagine 30 below like Fairbanks Jan. I always think I would love to live in Alaska and then I hear these stories and I am not so sure.

cindi
01-02-2010, 05:55 PM
Great pics Heather! I love snow! It is just cold and windy here -we will be in the single digits with windchills below zero- cold for us here in WNC. We had flurries early this am but too cold to snow now.
Can't imagine 30 below like Fairbanks Jan. I always think I would love to live in Alaska and then I hear these stories and I am not so sure.

stay warm Paula..that must seem extremly cold for you
:wubclub:

shadoob
01-02-2010, 06:12 PM
oh my....( I guess I need to say more than that in order to have it post...) So:
Oh, My, Heather.

Christie
01-02-2010, 06:15 PM
WOW! That's a ton of snow!

dancing queen
01-02-2010, 10:42 PM
Great pics Heather. The one on the left could be next year's Christmas card. Try to stay warm. It's cold and blustery here at the beach in NJ. I had to go out a couple of times today but am glad to be back in my nice warm house.

iloveflipflops
01-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Well, its 17 degrees here right now and i am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing! No snow though. Keep warm!

cindi
01-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Well, its 17 degrees here right now and i am freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing! No snow though. Keep warm!

bulk up teh clothes Sheri, when it's cold here i wear a tank top under my long sleeve top, thick lounge pants for home and socks with thick fuzzy footies over them. good luck and if worse comes to worse go cuddle up with Charlie
lol
:)

Mrs. Fence
01-02-2010, 11:48 PM
It looks like it might have stopped snowing here, but it still looks cold and the snow is blowing and drifting. I couldn't get my front door open because of the drift!

cindi
01-02-2010, 11:51 PM
It looks like it might have stopped snowing here, but it still looks cold and the snow is blowing and drifting. I couldn't get my front door open because of the drift!

gary just came back in..it's still snowing,actually he said it feels like freezing rain..like we need that! I'm going to bed
:radar:

Mrs. Fence
01-02-2010, 11:54 PM
gary just came back in..it's still snowing,actually he said it feels like freezing rain..like we need that! I'm going to bed
:radar:

Oh, brother! I don't think it's freezing rain here yet - I can't hear it on the windows...but I'm sure if you have it, we will get it out here shortly.

HeatherJ
01-03-2010, 10:30 AM
We did get a little rain last night but not too much to take any snow away, just make it REALLY heavy to shovel! It is pretty out, that's for sure!

DH did the driveway one last time this morning, that makes 5 times in total since yesterday. But if he hadn't done it in-between, he said he never could have lifted it this morning.

Mildout right now, it is actually a little foggy, if you can believe it! The air is warmer than the snow so it is making it foggy.

Hope the rest of you are all shovelled out as well!

Mrs. Fence
01-03-2010, 12:27 PM
We are shoveled/plowed out here. It's been raining/snowing off and on today. I'm still in the house, though. I'm enjoying the last cozy "in my house" day before school starts up again tomorrow and then back to reality.