PDA

View Full Version : Work sucks!!!

Christie
01-04-2010, 02:27 PM
It was so hard to come here this morning. The past two weeks I've only worked 3 1/2 day's and it was so nice. I mean I knew it was going to be hard but I actually cried on my way to work this morning. I so don't like it here and there isn't much out there right now so I'm stuck.

Paula Carden
01-04-2010, 02:45 PM
Oh Christie I am so sorry you are in a bad place-perhaps something different will be coming along very soon!
Thinking of you!

suzi_f
01-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Do you HAVE to stay?? I mean, you weren't working before. Is there anyway you can quit & look for something better?? I hate that you are so miserable there. There is NOTHING worse in this life than having a miserable job!!!! I used to PRAY I'd get in a car accident on the way to work so I didn't have to go (3-4 jobs ago, not my most recent, I LOVED IT!!) I'm soooooo sorry it sucks!!

Mrs. Fence
01-04-2010, 03:00 PM
So sorry for you, Christie. I know what it's like to have a job you hate (not now, but in the past) and I remember crying all the way there and all the way home. I hope you can find something else soon.

iloveflipflops
01-04-2010, 03:03 PM
That stinks!! (((((hugs))))) to you sis :) as Jan would say!

Christie
01-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Do you HAVE to stay?? I mean, you weren't working before. Is there anyway you can quit & look for something better?? I hate that you are so miserable there. There is NOTHING worse in this life than having a miserable job!!!! I used to PRAY I'd get in a car accident on the way to work so I didn't have to go (3-4 jobs ago, not my most recent, I LOVED IT!!) I'm soooooo sorry it sucks!!

Nathan says I have to stay until I find something else. Money wise no, it wouldn't hurt us for me to quit. I don't even spend my paycheck on anything bill wise. It just goes into my saving account(minus the stamps I buy!). He just wants me to have money for retirement but I so hate it here. I just feel miserable the entire day and so depressed when I'm here. He's a man and doesn't understand. He thinks I"m being a big baby so I don't talk to him about it anymore.

MidwestStamper
01-04-2010, 03:27 PM
I would think that your happiness right now would have priority over earning money, if you don't 'need' it. Wouldn't you be happier at home too, if you're happier with your over all life?

Jadyeebugsaunt
01-04-2010, 04:01 PM
I had a job that i would cry on the way to work, home from work then i cry myself to sleep( love the job but the girls a worked with hated me they were older and i was their boss, i don't think they liked that) but it eventually made me sick, so watch out! My dad demand that i quit ( i still lived at home) he said no job is worth your health and sanetity. ( hes one that says you never ever quit a job) But he couldn't bear seeing me like that.

teabear
01-04-2010, 05:05 PM
I've been in a horrible job before and it makes everything miserable. Whatever occasion is coming next, tell Nathan that all you want for Valentine's Day, your anniversary, and your next birthday is to have some peace and not have this job anymore.

milmogando
01-04-2010, 05:28 PM
quit Christie!! it's not worth your health and wellbeing. life is too short. x

shadoob
01-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Christie,
I'm worried for you...your health (mental, emotional and physical) as well as the health of your marriage are in jeopardy if this feeling/situation continues as it is.
It IS easier to get a job when you HAVE a job..but.....

Please make peace with whatever route you choose.

Perhaps you could set a deadline- so you don't feel SO trapped. Say...6 months. Then work like crazy to find a new job. If you don't find one by then, perhaps you and Nathan could agree that you would quit then. That way, you aer showing that you are willing to stick it out, willing to look for a new job, but NOT willing to go into a full depression over it...
Just a suggestion...good luck.

Have you prayed about it? Asked for guidance and strength? I only ask since I know your faith is important to you. HUGS to you!

Nancy
01-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Being in a job you dont like is horrible. But maybe it would help if I told you that what ever you are making now, will be put in half after your retire or even less. Ask any retiree. Try to think of things to improve it, maybe the business needs some new ideas. - Nancy

loobylou
01-04-2010, 06:34 PM
oh Christie, I hate to see you so miserable. I honestly think it would be worth taking a job that pays less, to have some happiness in your life. You know Louise Hay would say all that stored up unhappiness will turn around and hurt you on the inside.
I will pray that you find a resolution and a way to be happy in whatever path you choose.

cindi
01-04-2010, 07:09 PM
oh, Christie, I cried reading your post. I'm so sorry it's making you so miserable.
I liked Cheryl's idea, only I'd shorten it up to 3 months, that's plenty long enough. I'm sending up prayers for you and sending you
(((hugs)))
:wubclub:

maxiesmom
01-04-2010, 07:59 PM
I too know what it's like to not want to be where you are. Do what you have to to find another job and get out of there! I'll keep a good thought for you too.

pesc
01-04-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm with Cindi and Cheryl on this... Here a big (((((((((((((HUG)))))))))))))

emmcee
01-04-2010, 08:26 PM
My heart breaks for you Christie. It really sucks to be in a job you don't like. I'm with Cindi & Cheryl. Hang in there, girl.

Tantalize
01-05-2010, 12:06 AM
Eeeks. It's time to quit for your own physical and mental well being, Christie! If you can afford to financially, you should. I would shorten it up to another month, unless you have another breakdown like this - then I would be out of there giving my two weeks so quick! lol

Far North
01-05-2010, 01:18 AM
I am very sorry you are so sad. And sending BIG hugs.

I'm agree with the others that you need to make a change. I don't know if you are still as bored as you mentioned in other posts but if so perhaps you can use every available moment to explore a new future. Learn about job possibilities, explore new careers...or spend time online reading or taking classes to gain the skills needed. Make calls during your breaks to find learn if any area businesses are hiring. Hope you find a new job soon.