PDA

View Full Version : Font help needed once again

iloveflipflops
01-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Ok, I went to Lettering Delights to download the watermelon font. I thought i downloaded it onto my computer but I can't seem to install the font. Says No font found.

Also, it says Transalfa where the others I wanted say font so is that why, its not truly font?

HELP.

PS I have Vista

shuggy
01-10-2010, 12:12 PM
i have no idea. i'd have to see it first to figure it out.

ccstampin12
01-10-2010, 01:00 PM
I once downloaded fonts from somewhere.
They didn't show up for me either.
So I found where they were downloaded and dragged them to the place I wanted to store them.
Sorry to not have better directions, and this might be SO OFF. I just remember feeling all overheated about it. I paid for them and couldn't use them!!!
I hope all the techies will set you straight on this!
Joanie

GrammaStamper
01-10-2010, 01:16 PM
Did it come in a .zip file, most fonts do. You have to unzip it and remember where you put in when you unzip it.
Then, go to Control Panel, Fonts and in the top left corner look for install fonts.
Then, go find where you unzipped it and it should show up there. Highlight it and click install.
clear as mud, right.

suzi_f
01-10-2010, 01:33 PM
I don't see anything called "watermellon". I found "fruity watermellons". Is this the one?? It says it's an "alphabet" that can not be installed in the fonts folder. I think it's to be used w/a photo editing program but I'm not sure. I'm doing more research as I type. Want me to call you later???

suzi_f
01-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Ok, I goofed around with it as much as I could w/o buying it. It appears that you can use it w/photo editing programs. Kinda like a digital embellishment? I'm not 100% how YOU are supposed to manipulate it on your computer. I used their "try it now" box, saved it & put it on the attached pic. Maybe that's what you're supposed to do too but, since you own it, you don't get the hashmarks & watermark over it. LOL. (sorry the pic & the "name' don't go together. LOL)

suzi_f
01-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Oh Sherri, I should be so mad at you now!!! I've just spent the last 45 minutes play w/crap that I've download (and can't find now/???) and trying to figure this stuff out. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!!!

suzi_f
01-10-2010, 02:23 PM
As far as I can see, you DO use the "try it now" tool, type what you want, save it to your computer, then you manipulate it in your photo editing software. I'm re-downloading some of mine to see if I can mess w/them in any other format. WoW!! I want to go back to just a simple font!!!!

shuggy
01-10-2010, 02:26 PM
i just sent you a big message...

iloveflipflops
01-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Angie figured it out for me. I have it unzipped and i have to use it in my word like an insert a photo so I did that :). Worked great.

Thanks!

Patty
01-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Wow--you guys lost me back in the first couple of messages. I always do things the hard way, like pay for a cd/dvd with fonts on it. Then use one of those.:wacko:

tojoco
01-10-2010, 08:44 PM
You guys rock!