PDA

View Full Version : We still have room for a few more people at Shackapalooza 2010!

workin4stamps
01-13-2010, 06:48 AM
The dates are April 22, 23,24,25. The event is held in Angola, IN. Please see this thread for more details:

http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34455

There are a few other threads you can look at in the Palooza '10 subforum too.

Right now this is where we stand. I have 10 people officially registered who have sent their scrap room payment in. I have heard through the grapevine that 5 other people are coming. I believe my official roster of who I have coming is listed in that thread above. In addition, I heard from:

Stinkydog
Stinkycheese
Robin
Directmailscrapper (well...Kim told me...are you really coming??)
Fief14 (I thought Kimmy said you were coming....are you?)

We still have room for about 5 more people. The scrap room holds 20-22.

I would like to send the money for the scrap room in advance, so anytime you can send it to me is great....please let me know! ($40 per person for the entire weekend!)

Also---each room needs to have a 1 night deposit paid on it. I have already heard from several of you that you have done this, but if you haven't, please keep it in mind. You still have plenty of time but just don't forget!

If anyone else is interested in coming, please let me know. A good time is always had by all! Don't be afraid if you have never joined us before! We are all very nice and you will feel right at home!

We get together, we stamp, we eat, we laugh, sometimes we shop, and that's about it! It's fun.

iloveflipflops
01-13-2010, 08:04 AM
Did you post this to depress me this morning? Its official, I can not come this year. Its Em's prom weekend and I just can't miss it. Darn it!!!

maxiesmom
01-13-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm putting my room deposit down today, in fact! Yes, if you're anywhere in the midwest and don't want to fly in, please come join us. We have SO much fun! And the inn is lovely!

maxiesmom
01-13-2010, 08:06 AM
Did you post this to depress me this morning? Its official, I can not come this year. Its Em's prom weekend and I just can't miss it. Darn it!!!

Geez, picking senior prom over Shackapalooza? What are you thinking?? :laugh:

tojoco
01-13-2010, 08:46 AM
I sure wish I could go. I had so much fun at the Mall of America gathering.

gssoccermom
01-13-2010, 10:04 AM
I wish that I could go again this year but it is not in the cards. Are you going to be doing palloosa at home this year I and others would be interested. Thanks for all your work on this Tracy.

workin4stamps
01-13-2010, 02:35 PM
I don't know if we're going to do Palooza at home this year or not. I think it was a LOT more work than everyone anticipated. I am checking around though--- will keep you posted.

spredbirds
01-13-2010, 03:24 PM
I am DEFINITELY going!!!! :)

mydogstinks2
01-14-2010, 01:33 PM
We are for sure going!! I would not miss it!!

cindi
01-14-2010, 03:06 PM
one of these years maybe I can actually make it
:radar:

shadoob
01-14-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm sad too... I can't make it either....(darn dh!! - it's HIS fault!)

fink
01-15-2010, 08:23 PM
If you did one in Ohio I would really consider it! It is not that far of a drive though hum.....

logcabincreations
01-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Traci, do you have a toll free no. for the Inn so I can call and put down mine & cheryl's deposit? Thanks :)

logcabincreations
01-15-2010, 09:42 PM
If you did one in Ohio I would really consider it! It is not that far of a drive though hum.....

My friend and I are driving from Virginia and could pick you up :)

GSMom385
01-15-2010, 11:14 PM
Tracy and Chelsea-I have an idea for those Shackies unable to attend this year, instead of palooza at home, how about virtual palooza? I think someone did something like that last year. However how about this year as a twist the gang at Palooza thinks up a challenge for those of us playing along on the home game say 2 or 3 time during the day. We can then pull our challenge together and post in the gallery. No muss no fuss and not that you guys need anything to talk about there lord knows but I think you can probably think up some dandy challenges when you all get in a room together. Maybe some of the shoeboxes could be inspiration challenges for a try it at home game, with just a gallery post. I know Chelsea won't go any place without her computer, maybe she will agree to be the offical posting hostess from Palooza. I can try to post some challenges too, but I will be at a store opening during the week, so I would have to be more of a weekend/evening girl, cuz other wise I would be there live and in person. Although I am getting better and better all the time at reading or signing up for swaps in the car. Don't panic I don't do this while actually driving, only on my pit stops. Just because I have to take a pit stop the minute some body texts me ( and you all know who you are) that is another story. So think about it I would be willing to take on the role of the play along at home MC for virtual Palooza.

maxiesmom
01-15-2010, 11:22 PM

It's almost in Ohio, we are up in the northeast corner of Indiana. We're practically in Michigan too! We are seriously only a few miles from both state lines.

shuggy
01-15-2010, 11:36 PM
i'm sad too... I can't make it either....(darn dh!! - it's his fault!)

what??????

Kreative Dryve
01-16-2010, 03:44 PM
I wish I could go, but once again I have school. Maybe with graduation this year 2011 might be the year to attend for me. (crossing my fingers) :)

workin4stamps
01-16-2010, 07:01 PM

It is VERY close to Ohio! It is really just over the Indiana border. I live in Ohio!

workin4stamps
01-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Tracy and Chelsea-I have an idea for those Shackies unable to attend this year, instead of palooza at home, how about virtual palooza? I think someone did something like that last year. However how about this year as a twist the gang at Palooza thinks up a challenge for those of us playing along on the home game say 2 or 3 time during the day. We can then pull our challenge together and post in the gallery. No muss no fuss and not that you guys need anything to talk about there lord knows but I think you can probably think up some dandy challenges when you all get in a room together. Maybe some of the shoeboxes could be inspiration challenges for a try it at home game, with just a gallery post. I know Chelsea won't go any place without her computer, maybe she will agree to be the offical posting hostess from Palooza. I can try to post some challenges too, but I will be at a store opening during the week, so I would have to be more of a weekend/evening girl, cuz other wise I would be there live and in person. Although I am getting better and better all the time at reading or signing up for swaps in the car. Don't panic I don't do this while actually driving, only on my pit stops. Just because I have to take a pit stop the minute some body texts me ( and you all know who you are) that is another story. So think about it I would be willing to take on the role of the play along at home MC for virtual Palooza.

Great idea for challenges Cindy!!!

workin4stamps
01-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Traci, do you have a toll free no. for the Inn so I can call and put down mine & cheryl's deposit? Thanks :)

Hi Jan. Here is a number I found on their website. I assume it goes directly to the inn:

877-563-4371

Ask for Group Reservations and just tell them you're with the Stamp Shack.

:-)

woo hoo!

maxiesmom
01-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Hi Jan. Here is a number I found on their website. I assume it goes directly to the inn:

877-563-4371

Ask for Group Reservations and just tell them you're with the Stamp Shack.

This is the main number for all the Indiana state parks, but the person who answered transferred me to our inn. That may be just because I was asking for a specific person. That number will still get you taken care of!

logcabincreations
01-16-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks girls. Cheryl told me today she might not be able to go. She works for public services, and it is city clean up week :( She will let me know next week. I might have to get a new roommate. I am not missing this. I need the vacation.

maxiesmom
01-16-2010, 11:15 PM
Thanks girls. Cheryl told me today she might not be able to go. She works for public services, and it is city clean up week :( She will let me know next week. I might have to get a new roommate. I am not missing this. I need the vacation.

Tell Cheryl to call in sick! We need you both there! I was going to put my song request in!

fink
01-16-2010, 11:46 PM
You gals are very convincing! I figure it is like a 4 hour drive? Hum....or I could hitch a ride as the Virginian's go through!!!!!

workin4stamps
01-17-2010, 06:43 AM
You gals are very convincing! I figure it is like a 4 hour drive? Hum....or I could hitch a ride as the Virginian's go through!!!!!

I think it would be more like a 3 hour drive for you. I mapquested it from your town to there and it said 2 hours 49 minutes.

mydogstinks2
01-17-2010, 10:05 AM
I wish everyone could come!!! Trust me when I say you will have TONS of fun if you go!! I have never laughed so much in my life!

iloveflipflops
01-17-2010, 10:09 AM
I would MUCH rather be there than chaperoning a prom of high school seniors!!!!

Emily is sooooo mad I am helping with the prom. She wants me to do nothing .. Oh well. Too bad. HA

maxiesmom
01-17-2010, 11:52 AM

It takes me just about 3 hours and I am a little north of Detroit, not that that helps since you're in Ohio! Just trying to convince you to come and meet and have fun with some other Shackies! The inn is lovely and the park is too.

shadoob
01-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoob http://stamp-shack.com/forum/images/buntu/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?p=342933#post342933)

what??????

My DH has planned his 50th bday party along with his band member's 50th's THAT weekend! argh!!!!!! This one is really tough...I'd much rather come to palooza but that would be in really bad form.....:arghh: long story but complicated...

I have to be one of the most boring people on earth- I hardly ever go out socially because I'd rather be home...and now there are 2 things in the same weekend..one I HAVE to go to and I WANT to go to.
Dang! It's no fun be a responsible person sometimes!

midnitecreations
01-17-2010, 01:36 PM

Wonder how far you are from me. I'd drive with you, but hate to make that long trip on my own!

maxiesmom
01-17-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadoob http://stamp-shack.com/forum/images/buntu/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://stamp-shack.com/forum/showthread.php?p=342933#post342933)

My DH has planned his 50th bday party along with his band member's 50th's THAT weekend! argh!!!!!! This one is really tough...I'd much rather come to palooza but that would be in really bad form.....:arghh: long story but complicated...

I have to be one of the most boring people on earth- I hardly ever go out socially because I'd rather be home...and now there are 2 things in the same weekend..one I HAVE to go to and I WANT to go to.
Dang! It's no fun be a responsible person sometimes!

Oh seriously, the nerve of him planning his party on Palooza weekend! Next year tell him the dates well in advance!

maxiesmom
01-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Wonder how far you are from me. I'd drive with you, but hate to make that long trip on my own!

RENU!! That would ROCK! We would love to meet you!

fink
01-27-2010, 12:21 AM
That sounds even better! I have never done a stamping thing before it has always been scrapping. I would not know what to bring or anything. This does sound fun and heck income tax money would help me go! :nod:

I think it would be more like a 3 hour drive for you. I mapquested it from your town to there and it said 2 hours 49 minutes.

maxiesmom
01-27-2010, 08:01 AM
That sounds even better! I have never done a stamping thing before it has always been scrapping. I would not know what to bring or anything. This does sound fun and heck income tax money would help me go! :nod:

You can scrap, we won't kick you out! We all work on bunches of different things, it's more of the fellowship of being with our friends and fellow crafters. We had so much stuff that the maintenance man, when he walked by and looked in, asked if we were having a rummage sale in there! :laugh: I don't have time to look for it right now, but I know there are pics from last year. I think one is a post I did about why I didn't drive with Kimmy & Jenn or why I drove myself? There will be enough stuff there that if you want to borrow someone's toys, we all share very nicely!

We hope you do consider joining us, it's a blast!