PDA

View Full Version : POLL: For those attending Shackapalooza ONLY

workin4stamps
01-14-2010, 03:18 PM
We would like to know if you guys want to do shoebox projects again this year. I think everyone who is coming so far has been there before, so I think you all know what I'm talking about...but just in case...

A shoebox projects is a project you design and then you prepare the materials for the other participants to put together while at Shackapalooza. So you put everything they need to make the project into the shoebox, and then each person can go up and pick a box and just work on stuff when they want.

Another idea I had is just to do a few "make and take" projects for everyone. I could do a few SU ones, Chelsea could do a few TAC ones, and Chris said she's willing to do a few as well. We are all driving, so bringing the stuff with us is not an issue, and we do not mind at all.

So what are your thoughts girls????

Does everyone want to do shoebox projects again???

Or would you prefer to do just a few make and takes??

Or would you rather just work on your own stuff the whole time??

Please vote! But only if you're attending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maxiesmom
01-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Oh geez, I can't vote, I can't decide! I had forgotten all about the shoeboxes. The thing about our first year was that most of us didn't arrive till Friday afternoon, and I know we went shopping on Saturday and that took a chunk out of our day and then poof it was Sunday and time to go home. I wanted to do everyone's shoeboxes because we all put so much work into them, but at the same time I wasn't getting my own stuff done that I wanted to and it was stressing me out!

So then last year we added a day, got there earlier, I didn't do the shoeboxes and didn't shop and had lots of time! I think adding the day made a world of difference. When I read your post I immediately thought, oh I'm willing to do a make & take too. Well if others feel the same way, we might as well do shoeboxes! :goofy:

Bottom line, I am ok with whatever the group wants to do and am still willing to bring a make & take!

directmailscrapper
01-14-2010, 08:09 PM
I voted for make-n-takes -- although I would be happy to do shoeboxes too. With the make-n-takes, we could teach a technique or share a fun tool or piece of equipment... I hope, hope, hope I can come this year. I won't know for a few more weeks...

scraphappy908
01-14-2010, 08:23 PM
I think the make and takes would be better. They could be about learning a new technique or a special fold. Although the shoe box projects were fun, many of us didn't get to all of them and those who did, didn't get much time to work on their own creations. This is just my opinion.

shuggy
01-14-2010, 09:08 PM
i had a blast making stuff for all my swaps last year. this year i plan on getting some christmas card stuff done.

logcabincreations
01-15-2010, 09:25 PM
I voted for make-n-takes....Cheryl is still new to stamping so she would be happy, I think with someone teaching her techniques.

I liked the shoeboxes last year--since it was my first year. But this year I plan to be better organized and bring things to work on too.

Spartymom
01-16-2010, 08:45 AM
I guess I'd vote for make n takes, b/c I don't have an idea for the shoebox. I also plan to work on bday and christmas cards. I would be happy to help with supplies for the make n takes too.