PDA

View Full Version : Qusetion about copic markers

Jadyeebugsaunt
01-19-2010, 10:53 AM
I have a few bucks that I can spend towars supplies. I watch Cindy's tutorial on copics. And even thoughI was really trying hard to stay away from these suckers, I feel now I have to try them. I don't know a thing about them though, what's the diference betwwen the orignal, scetch and ciao? Which is better? what colors should I start with? and finally where the cheapist place to buy them? tia:spinny:

hutchink
01-19-2010, 11:39 AM
I tried to stay away from Copics too Mindy. My gosh I have every prisma color what the heck do I need Copics for. Chelsea was like you have to try mine- I did and fell head or heels in love with them!

I believe the difference in the kinds are the the tips on them! I love the sketch.

Oozak (http://www.oozak.com/index.php) is a great place to get them from they are $4.15 a piece for sketch if you sign up for their newsletter. Free shipping on $50 order and they ship fast!

Darleneh710
01-19-2010, 12:00 PM
I tried to stay away from Copics too Mindy. My gosh I have every prisma color what the heck do I need Copics for. Chelsea was like you have to try mine- I did and fell head or heels in love with them!

I believe the difference in the kinds are the the tips on them! I love the sketch.

Oozak (http://www.oozak.com/index.php) is a great place to get them from they are $4.15 a piece for sketch if you sign up for their newsletter. Free shipping on $50 order and they ship fast!

I second Oozak as well. I ordered from them recently and the service was excellent!

Jadyeebugsaunt
01-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Anyone else? Im leaning towards the Ciao because I can get them for 2.85. Can oters give me their oponions?

GrammaStamper
01-19-2010, 06:17 PM
Mindy, I have the Ciao and they are no different from the others, except for tips. Also, they are fewer colours than the Sketch markers, but I find 144 markers to be more than enough!

Crafty2260
01-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Hey Mindy, I have the Ciao & love them. The important thing is the paper you use, you need 110 lb. paper so that they don't bleed. The cheapest place I found iswww.carpediemstore.com but I personallly haven't tried them. I did use www.copicmarkers.com (http://www.copicmarkers.com) & they were great. Good luck, you'll be hooked.

GSMom385
01-19-2010, 08:13 PM
I have some of all the types but most of mine are sketch. The Ciao are a good place to start, they have a tip like the sketch only difference is they are a smaller marker and don't hold as much ink. Thus the cheaper price. I purchase mine from oozak or merriartist.com depending on which one is running a deal, both have great prices, fast shipping and good service. I would make sure you have a colorless blender in your first purchase and then buy them in groups of three when you purchase colors. If you go to copic's website they have a round color wheel, it will help when you pick colors, buy them on the same line of the wheel around and they will shade well together, but you always want a light, mid tone and a dark.