PDA

View Full Version : Laos - Your Iris folded card is amazing!

inkinupstamps
10-23-2006, 05:13 PM
I keep looking at your gorgeous iris folded card. It is the most beautiful one I've ever seen and using the satin ribbon is so creative! Did you use grey and white ribbon? Can you tell us more about how you constructed it?:confused: I know how to do iris folding but did you have a template or lazer cute base for the bride and groom? You really did a beautiful job! :D

Caboverde1
10-23-2006, 05:23 PM
She did a beautiful job on it. I want to know more...especially where did she find the cutout for the bride and groom...Really pretty card!

Tonii

laos348
10-23-2006, 06:53 PM
Thank you so much for the kind words.
The bride and groom are actually cut out by me. (exacto knife and some tight cuts) I belong to an iris folding message board (www.circleofcrafters.com) and there are some amazingly talented and generous people who share their patterns. I used white poly satin (florists) ribbon for the dress. Looking at it again I might have done another layer because what you see is the dark cardstock coming through the ribbon. The white shows a lot, most of the other colors don't. This ribbon is great because you can rip it to whatever width you want. When I iris fold, I do NOT actually fold, just lay down strips. It lessens the bulk of the card.
I have some other neat designs done up but some have no stamping so I'm not sure I'm allowed to post them.

Laura

lost luggage
10-23-2006, 10:38 PM
When I iris fold, I do NOT actually fold, just lay down strips. It lessens the bulk of the card.
I have some other neat designs done up but some have no stamping so I'm not sure I'm allowed to post them.

Laura

That is what I am going to try....I received a FANTASTIC Xmas card with this (laying the strips..no folding) last year. I am learning the technique this weekend. Can't wait!

stampcrazyjulie
10-24-2006, 09:59 PM
Very nice! Thank You for the info on the site too! :)