PDA

View Full Version : My intro

tesschap
01-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Hi - I'm Teresa and I'm addicted to stamping and digital scrapbooking!

I started stamping 5 years ago when our youngest son left for college and DH was away on a business trip. I wanted to do something for me so I was a walk-in for a stamping class at our local LSS. I immediately became addicted and have been stamping like crazy ever since! Our LSS has since closed and the nearest one is over 50 miles away.

My dream is to open my own paper arts shop and offer tons of classes. So far it's only a dream - unfortunately I have a 'real job' and haven't had the courage to take the giant step and open my shop! Maybe 2007 will be my year!

In any case - I am constantly looking for good stamping sites and stumbled upon this site a few weeks ago. I'm anxious to get to know everyone and hope that I will be able to become a regular participant here.

Happy Monday!

Teresa

Erin K
01-08-2007, 05:59 PM
well this is definately a "good stamping site" I hope you enjoy it here! :)

hbpuppy
01-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Welcome Teresa! I've been stamping for years and have only done one digital LO (It stressed me out). I think that you will enjoy this site. I've found that I've learned a lot by checking out the gallery but also by swapping with other people. I'm always amazed by what other people come up with. Heather

tesschap
01-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks Erin and Heather. I'm already excited about the site! I only wish I had a little more time to explore tonight!

Heather - I was intimidated by digital scrapping but did my first album as a gift for DS#2's birthday last year when he was away at college. It is very basic but he cherishes it (which is out of character for him with much)! He had me help him do an album for his girl friend this Christmas and it was a little more detailed than my first album. I'm hoping to scan some old family photos and create a family album for DH's mom and sister in the next couple of months. I'm still addicted to ink and paper but I can play with my digital projects at the PC in our family room and still hang out with the family!

Teresa

Wife2TJ
01-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Welcome!!! Look forward to getting to know you!

stampcrazyjulie
01-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Welcome to The Shack Teresa! I am Julie a die hard Stamper from Utah. :)

cindi
01-08-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm Cindi from Maine, and I love to stamp & papercraft.
This is a wonderful site, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as we all do!
:)

iloveflipflops
01-08-2007, 07:19 PM
Hi Teresa. I am Sherri from NC. I am a SAHM with 2 kids, ages 14 and 11.
Love it here and so will you!

tesschap
01-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Wife2TJ, Julie, Cindi, Sherri - Thanks for the welcome.

Teresa

GrammaStamper
01-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi Teresa, I'm Barb from Northern Ontario. I work 4 hours a day and spend the rest of the time either playing with my stamps, chatting here, or feeding DH. Welcome to The Shack.

tesschap
01-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the welcome Barb.

Teresa

KylaMaestas
01-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Teresa... so nice to meet you. I am Kyla, I live in Rock Springs WY. I have been stamping for almost 4 years now and absolutely love it. You are sure to feel at home here at the Shack... I have been here only a few hours and have already made some wonderful friends. I hope I bump into you in the chat room. Happy Stamping!

Kyla Maestas

GSMom385
01-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Welcome to the shack. My name is Cindy and I am from IA. I think you will like it here. Everyone is very nice, and supportive of each other. I have only been over here a short time but I have been swapping with a lot of these ladies much longer (on PCMB) and I can't say enough great things about everyone here. Jump right in and have a good time.

tesschap
01-09-2007, 07:34 AM
Thanks Kyla and Cindy. I'm wishing I could take the day off to spend playing on this board! I guess I'll just have to serve take out for dinner so I can play after work! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Have a great day.

Teresa