PDA

View Full Version : I just took my first walk of the year!!!

workin4stamps
03-06-2010, 02:38 PM
It's a beautiful day in Ohio!! I put on my sweatshirt and gloves, leashed up the dogs, and we went for a WALK! The sun is shining and it's beautiful. It's only about 45 degrees, but I tell you with all the sunshine, it is warm. I even had to take off my gloves half way through!!

I incorporated some running into my walk today! Not very much....but a little... Colby and Bailey seem to love it when we run!

inkinupstamps
03-06-2010, 02:42 PM
We walk most of the winter with the dogs as long as the streets aren't too slick and I can remain upright. What I love most about this warmer and early spring is that we are able to go to the dog park/forest and walk in the woods with the dogs off leash. We've done it the past two weekends, even with the snowpack on the ground it has been fantastic. I know what you mean. It is GREAT to get out in the fresh air and walk off frustrations and enjoy nature. However, I'll leave the running to you. My knees cannot take that. :)

shadoob
03-06-2010, 02:49 PM
You have me beat by, oh, say, a YEAR!!! I haven't been out walking in ages. Good for you!. The weather here is nice too. 50's ish and no cold...

limeyscrapper
03-06-2010, 02:56 PM
It's a beautiful day here too, and the snow is melting fast.
I'm having the grandchildren to stay overnight, and I'd already decided to take them out for a walk after our early dinner. ( Tire them out for bedtime !)
I called my daughter and asked her to bring their waterproof pants and their rubber boots. I know how irresistable the puddles will be to a 2 year old and a four year old !

Patty
03-06-2010, 04:59 PM
I went for a walk too today!! Also my first of the year!! It did feel great.
when I came back home I sat with a glass of water to read the paper...next thing I knew, it was an hour later. I had a little snooze! Ahhhh, Spring!!!

inkinupstamps
03-06-2010, 05:44 PM
I went for a walk too today!! Also my first of the year!! It did feel great.
when I came back home I sat with a glass of water to read the paper...next thing I knew, it was an hour later. I had a little snooze! Ahhhh, Spring!!!

Hee hee hee......Patty I know the feeling. The fresh air and then sitting down afterward......well.....sometimes I'm surprised when a snooze might set in for me too. I'm in good company! :)

cindi
03-06-2010, 05:49 PM
oh, good for you! I walk3d yesterday..doesn't it feel good??
:)

maxiesmom
03-06-2010, 06:10 PM
I incorporated some running into my walk today! Not very much....but a little... Colby and Bailey seem to love it when we run!

For as much of a couch potato as Chester is, he LOVES to run when we're walking. Wears me out, man!

iloveflipflops
03-06-2010, 07:37 PM
I walked thru the campus at UNCP. Does that count? LOL

mydogstinks2
03-06-2010, 07:43 PM
I have to wait for the ground to be a little less soggy.

Christie
03-06-2010, 07:49 PM
That's great!!! I walk Jiggs just about every day. It's good for us both!

tojoco
03-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Although our weather today was absolutely spectacular, I walked on the treadmill at the gym for an hour and then did 45 mins. of strength training. I refuse to wear that old lady swimsuit that I have another year and summer's coming fast. Yay! I did drive to and from with my sunroof and windows opened.

dancing queen
03-06-2010, 09:30 PM
I spent the day in Philadelphia and walked ALL DAY LONG! But, also ate great food ALL DAY LONG! The weather couldn't have been more perfect for a day in the city.