PDA

View Full Version : From Awna, important: please read :)

allinkdup
03-09-2010, 11:42 AM
Hello Shackies!

First let me say that I am touched at the birthday cards that I have recvd! I have not been on lately and I just assumed that since I haven't been on that you guys would have forgotten about me. That isn't the case!

I have gotten some beautiful b-day cards, and of course they couldn't have come at a better time! You have made my week with the beautiful cards, esp. while I am on couch arrest while I recover from this surgery.

Many of you may have remembered last year around this time I was battling some pretty nasty pain issues (due to a broken toe) and was having all sorts of things done trying to get rid of the pain. Back on Sept. I had a spinal Cord Stimulator implanted to help control the pain...well, 2 weeks after the darn thing broke!

I basically have been suffering with this nerve pain (also known as RSD) that has left me pretty much house bound, unable to walk without assistance, I have not been able to do anything. The nerve pain has also spread from my toe up my leg & hip up into my arm & shoulder.

I haven't stamped in over a year! This has been the worst thing ever for me considering how much I was involved in stamping and how I use to teach, etc. (Which is how I stubbed my toe & got hurt in the first place, circle of life, haha!)

Anyways...on Tuesday (3-2) I went in to have the implant repaired after 6-7 months of fighting with doctors & insurance companies...so now I am on the mend again.

So, I hope that you don't think that I have turned into one of those people that have just vanished, I really do miss you guys, think about you a lot.

You have made my week with the beautiful cards, esp. while I am on couch arrest while I recover from this surgery. I hope it works this time so I can use my arm again and stamp soon!!!

Miss you guys!

Awna

cindi
03-09-2010, 01:45 PM
happy early Birthday Awna. so glad to see you post. I hope this time teh pain stimulator will work and you can get back to living life!
hugs
:)

shadoob
03-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Awna,
How could we forget about you??? Be well, dear..you remain in my prayers and thoughts. HUGS!!!

emmcee
03-09-2010, 06:30 PM
Thoughts & prayers still with you. Have a wonderful birthday. You'll never be forgotten.

maxiesmom
03-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Oh Awna, we miss you too and all your awesome creations. You have so much talent to offer all our new members. I really hope you get some serious relief soon, I can't imagine going through so much pain on such a long term basis. gentle hugs Visit us when you can.

Paula Carden
03-09-2010, 07:00 PM
I have been wondering about you but hoped you were just busy with life-such as school work and kids. Sorry to hear that you have had to suffer more!
I sure hope you will be on the mend and can get back to your hobby (you are so talented). I was looking through an issue of Just Cards and saw some of your cards. Without even looking at the name I knew they were yours!
Take care and stop and see us here!!

directmailscrapper
03-09-2010, 08:36 PM
Awna, hope your birthday is terrific, you certainly deserve it. And I hope it is the beginning of a healthy and pain free year! We love you!

Mrs. Fence
03-09-2010, 08:39 PM
It's so good to see you here again! We could never forget you! I hope this time, you are truly on the mend and will get some relief from your pain. Hugs to you, and Happy Birthday! (tomorrow) :)

Inkisallover
03-10-2010, 05:59 PM
I've been wondering where you've been...hope all goes well. Happy Birthday!

lakeslady
03-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Good to know your birthday cards arrived safely. Get well real soon.

Mrs. Middleton
03-11-2010, 05:02 AM
i hope you get better soon!!! <hugs> :)