PDA

View Full Version : I can't sleep so here i sit

iloveflipflops
04-05-2010, 06:12 AM
I woke up hungry and can't go back to sleep. The space shuttle goes off shortly so I will wake the girls to see it go off. This is the last time it will go off in the dark.

The girls are sunburnt from day 1 of the beach so I think we will go shopping today. There is a great craft store near the mall so I will sneak off there.

Emilys best friend from 2nd grade came over yesterday and I started crying when I saw her. Why? I guess because she is so grown up. Tomorrow her other friends are coming to take them out on the boat.

The weather is perfect. It was 77 yesterday and a breeze was always blowing so I didn't get too hot. Went to outback last night and these girls eat cheap. They each got the kids mac & cheese and split 1/2 a blooming onion. I splurged and got a 7 oz steak. It was yum-o.

Well its almost time for space shuttle to go off so I better wake up sydney. Emily said she's seen one go off before so why bother? Kids!!! Ha

cindi
04-05-2010, 11:02 AM
sounds like a great trip so far..I hope you can sneak in a power nap later
:)

emmcee
04-05-2010, 11:45 AM
Sounds like you all are having a great time. Weather sounds so perfect.

shuggy
04-05-2010, 11:47 AM
have a fun trip!!

HeatherJ
04-05-2010, 01:28 PM
I think it would be really neat to see the Shuttle go off. They must be getting neat the end of their program. I remember them saying something about that when we were at NASA in Houston a few years ago. Glad you are having good weather! Enjoy

Patty
04-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Wish I had seen it--my husband used to get up no matter what time and watch every liftoff. Prayers for safety---

Nancy
04-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Used to fly over my mothers house many years ago. I found it a very interesting place to visit and once when the first space shuttle was to land there, all the kids on the bus got to walk on the tarmac to know they were on it before the first landing. The following week it landed. Gee that is a long time ago. - Nancy