PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a scone recipe?

jazzypurple853
04-21-2010, 06:13 PM
I bought one today, and it was the first time trying one. I really liked it. So now I;m in search of a recipe. Can anyone help?

Mrs. Fence
04-22-2010, 09:43 PM
i have one somewhere for bluberry scones. they are so yummy! i'll see if i can find it.

cindi
04-22-2010, 10:00 PM
I've never had a scone..is it like a muffin? what's teh difference?

Mrs. Fence
04-22-2010, 10:03 PM
i think they are a little bit richer in flavor, maybe? maybe i will have to bake some...

cindi
04-22-2010, 10:04 PM
i think they are a little bit richer in flavor, maybe? maybe i will have to bake some...

haha..so they have tons of butter & that's why my guilty conciense(sp?) won't let me try one??
lol
:huh:

Mrs. Fence
04-22-2010, 10:14 PM
haha..so they have tons of butter & that's why my guilty conciense(sp?) won't let me try one??
lol
:huh:

LOL Maybe...

Scones: (very yummy scones!)

3 cups flour
3 tablespoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup blueberries (or cranberries or raisins...)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 butter
2 eggs plus milk to make 1 cup

Place first 5 ingredients into a bowl and cut in butter. Add enough milk to eggs to make 1 cup. Beat well. Mix liquids into dry ingredients until able to handledough (about 3/4 cup) Divide, pat out dough to 1/2 inch thick and cut into shapes. Place on greased cookie sheet and paint tops with remaining egg mixture. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.

This recipe is by Linda Hartkopf from Hart to Hart Farm in Albion, Maine. It came to her from her boy's grandmother in Scotland.

cindi
04-22-2010, 10:26 PM
LOL Maybe...

3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 butter

Place first 5 ingredients into a bowl and cut in butter. Add enough milk to eggs to make 1 cup. Beat well. Mix liquids into dry ingredients until able to handledough (about 3/4 cup) Divide, pat out dough to 1/2 inch thick and cut into shapes. Place on greased cookie sheet and paint tops with remaining egg mixture. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.

This recipe is by Linda Hartkopf from Hart to Hart Farm in Albion, Maine. It came to her from her boy's grandmother in Scotland.

danger danger!!!

I have both blueberries and cranberries in the freezer..I may have to try these!
:mask:

Mrs. Fence
04-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Yup! I have blueberries and strawberries thanks to your mom! And a bag of cranberries left over from last year. Better use those up, now that you mention it...

cindi
04-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Yup! I have blueberries and strawberries thanks to your mom! And a bag of cranberries left over from last year. Better use those up, now that you mention it...

I KNOW! Mom is over run with berries! lol oh well better enjoy it while we can..Jake is applying around to go back to trucking..so when he gets hired..no more berries. It's good though..he's old enough to smarten up & make something of himself
:)

Mrs. Fence
04-22-2010, 10:41 PM
yeah, guess when we run out, we'll have to go to Sam's club...I found a recipe for strawberry lemonade that I want to make soon. Sounds yummy!

cindi
04-22-2010, 10:43 PM
yeah, guess when we run out, we'll have to go to Sam's club...I found a recipe for strawberry lemonade that I want to make soon. Sounds yummy!

hopefully we will have good strawberry picking this year..then we can freeze a bunch
:)

Mrs. Fence
04-22-2010, 10:46 PM
yes, that would be nice...

iloveflipflops
04-22-2010, 10:54 PM
I LOVE scones but have never tried to make my own. I get them occassionally at Panera Bread. Mmmmm.

NOW I WANT A SCONE!!!!

ngreek
04-23-2010, 12:08 AM
They are great with warm raspberry Jam

jazzypurple853
04-23-2010, 01:29 PM
LOL Maybe...

3 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 butter

Thanks Tracy for the recipe. I did find some on some other websites and I printed them off. If they taste good, I'll put the recipe on the message board.