PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Weekend memories NOT being at Palooza

iloveflipflops
04-26-2010, 08:17 AM
Even though I wasn't at Palooza this year, I have many many great memories of my weekend so I thought I would share :)

1. Kids can still be polite for the most part. All kids at the prom were saying yes mam, no mam, thank you.

2. Some kids even came up to me and said "Did you make all this food? Thank you if you did". I never said yes or no, just said "you're welcome" and smiled.

3. Most girls at this prom were NOT wearing underwear. Why I have no idea but that's the norm. (I was totally shocked by hearing this)

4. I met a bunch of great senior's moms and I wish I had met them earlier since most kids are now going off to college in the Fall. I'll probably never see them again.

5. I think the #1 song the kids loved dancing to was Miley Cyrus's song "Party in the USA".

6. I learned some different dances I hadn't seen before ... the lawnmower. It literally looked like they pulling the starter pull cord over and over and over. Another was riding a horse .. the boys just went all around pretending they were riding a horse.

I may have more to add but i have to take Nicholas to the dermatologist...

CharityHand
04-26-2010, 10:39 AM
I really don't get the whole no undies thing. Especially when you're going to be dancing around and getting all sweaty. eeewwww!

There's just something about that Miley song that will get you moving.

Spartymom
04-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Eww, about #3. You didn't know the lawnmower? What about the sprinkler? Glad you had fun.

iloveflipflops
04-26-2010, 11:06 AM
They did the sprinkler too but I did not know the lawnmower. lol

Patty
04-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Those dances are soooo funny. Remember the swim? I guess some things never change. I can just picture my dgs doing the horse riding one. Can't wait to ask him about it.

spredbirds
04-26-2010, 12:05 PM
I don't get the "no undie" thing?

Is it so they don't have panty lines with their dress?

My3Ds
04-26-2010, 12:36 PM
Glad it was a good weekend for you Sherri. If the h.s. has a dance next year, you should chaperrone so you can get to know Nick's class parents.

suzi_f
04-26-2010, 01:51 PM
I don't get the "no undie" thing?

Is it so they don't have panty lines with their dress?

I thought that's what thongs were for???

iloveflipflops
04-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Supposedly Emily did have a thong on when she left but who knows if it stayed on. LOL

I have no idea why they don't just wear a thong. I do think its because of panty lines showing.

Nicholas has his 8th grade dance in a few weeks but he has no desire to go.

suzi_f
04-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Supposedly Emily did have a thong on when she left but who knows if it stayed on. LOL

As the mom to a teenage dd, I'm SCARED of this statement. Where would it have gone??? I know when I was a kid, you gave your date your garter to hang from the rearview mirror (Scott left his scank-ho prom date's garter on his car for our first date. Should have known & run away, FAST!!! LOL) I'd check the guy she went with's car to make sure her THONG isn't hanging from the mirror!!!! Or is it like the scene in 16 candles? "My little brother paid a dollar to see your underwear".

shuggy
04-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Or is it like the scene in 16 candles? "My little brother paid a dollar to see your underwear".

i was thinking the same!

iloveflipflops
04-26-2010, 03:19 PM
I was kidding Suzi. I hope it stayed on. The only reason I said that was because girls think its a big deal not to wear any.

3amnmmom
04-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Oh Suzi you crack me up. Sherri I am glad you explained they told you, but how in the world did underwear even come up in conversation????

iloveflipflops
04-26-2010, 04:34 PM
When I was selling the tickets, one of the seniors jokingly said something to another and I was "eavesdropping". I then came home and asked Emily and she just said "That's what they did last year" and that's how I found out ...

maxiesmom
04-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Ok, that's gross and I didn't need to know that! What is wrong with kids today?