PDA

View Full Version : west Springfield stamp show gals..

cindi
04-26-2010, 09:13 PM
tracey 7 I made our reservations,,actually Tracey called, anyways she asked about us using the breakfast nook to stamp in Friday night, and they said it should be fine, just to let the desk person know. I can't wait.oh, what will I work on?? whta will I bring??
what are you girls bringing? it's getting close!

come on ladies, the more the merrier!!
Betty..come have a cocktail with me!!
;)

ccstampin12
04-27-2010, 07:57 AM
It's too soon to tell what I'll bring, Cindi!
I'm going to play it by ear.
I may just stamp images, bring my Copics and color with you!
Joanie

cindi
04-27-2010, 10:40 AM
It's too soon to tell what I'll bring, Cindi!
I'm going to play it by ear.
I may just stamp images, bring my Copics and color with you!
Joanie

I was thinking teh same thing..don't want to bring too much..I have to have room for purchases!!
lol
:)

Patty
04-27-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm already excited!!! I've been thinking about this, and maybe each of us should bring a little project--with enough supplies for everyone--like a make and take. That would give us each 7 or 8 different techniques to go home with. What does everyone else think???

ccstampin12
04-27-2010, 02:08 PM
I doubt I have any techniques, but I guess I could bring a shoebox project for everyone. Hmmmmm.....have to think about that one!!!
Joanie

Lori
04-30-2010, 07:46 PM
I think I'm only going to make it on Saturday. And that depends on how soon I get back to work!

cindi
04-30-2010, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=Lori;356239]I think I'm only going to make it on Saturday. And that depends on how soon I get back to work![/QUOTE

we will look forward to seeing you whenever you can make it

Patty
04-30-2010, 08:21 PM
Has anyone begun to pack yet ? Joanie---when I say technique, I don't mean anything fancy--maybe I should have said shoebox project. Anything is fine==I have to really think and come up with a few things too. Lesa, what do you think??

cindi
04-30-2010, 08:27 PM
I stink at that sort of thing..but I'll put my thinking cap on

Mrs. Fence
05-02-2010, 09:01 PM
I stink at that sort of thing..but I'll put my thinking cap on

Ditto!:shocked:

ccstampin12
05-02-2010, 09:08 PM
I'll ask Lesa to check out this thread.
Joanie

Patty
05-03-2010, 10:09 AM
At each of our monthly stampclubs someone does a demo. I'll bring the one I did,--its just a folding technique for the front of the card. Maybe one or 2 other card folds others have done. Don't get excited---nothing unbelieveable!!! :D

dancing queen
05-03-2010, 11:21 AM
tracey 7 I made our reservations,,actually Tracey called, anyways she asked about us using the breakfast nook to stamp in Friday night, and they said it should be fine, just to let the desk person know. I can't wait.oh, what will I work on?? whta will I bring??
what are you girls bringing? it's getting close!

come on ladies, the more the merrier!!
Betty..come have a cocktail with me!!

;)

I've been away for a couple of days and just saw this... Oh cindi, how I wish I could join you for crafting and cocktails... But I know you'll have one for me. I know you guys will have a great time. Can't wait to hear all about it. While you're gone, I'll hold the fort and have a cocktail (or two) for you.

Darleneh710
05-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Hi Ladies...I spoke to Patty about this a little bit ago and just found out that my DD's recital is the weekend after ..and I am hoping I can go. I really want to meet you ladies...I think that is the main reason I want to go! So...I don't think I will be spending the night...It is probably about a 2 hr drive for me...I'll have to keep up to date on everything. Sounds like lots of fun!

cindi
05-03-2010, 01:12 PM
Hi Ladies...I spoke to Patty about this a little bit ago and just found out that my DD's recital is the weekend after ..and I am hoping I can go. I really want to meet you ladies...I think that is the main reason I want to go! So...I don't think I will be spending the night...It is probably about a 2 hr drive for me...I'll have to keep up to date on everything. Sounds like lots of fun!

oh cool! will you come meet us there us saturday?

Darleneh710
05-03-2010, 01:36 PM
oh cool! will you come meet us there us saturday?

Sure, what time will you guys be there?

Patty
05-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Sure, what time will you guys be there?

Hi Darlene--I expect to arrive Friday evening. Probably 7ish. I am excited you are coming. CAN'T WAIT to meet you too.

ccstampin12
05-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Whoo Hoo....How many are we up to now?
Joanie

ccstampin12
05-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Lesa's in for the shoebox project idea!
Joanie

Mrs. Fence
05-03-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm getting so excited...:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

cindi
05-03-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm getting so excited...:jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

me too!!!

ccstampin12
05-04-2010, 08:41 AM
So, let me get this all straight.
We, who will be at the hotel on Friday night, will each bring a quick project for all.
We will include all the supplies needed...paper, stamps, ribbon, etc.
*Now, my question is this....can we all bring our own ink and coloring medium for our own use?
That works best for me...that way, if you prefer brush markers, you'll have your own ink that works with that medium best.
Gals with Copics will bring their ink and markers too.
What do you all think?
Joanie

Lori
05-04-2010, 08:43 AM
Wish I could come for the whole weekend!

Patty
05-04-2010, 08:56 AM
I agree Joanie--that should make everything a lot less confusing. Plus, I think we should each bring whatever we would bring to a stamp class, i.e. paper cutter, bone folder, scissors, etc.

ccstampin12
05-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Good plan, Patty!
I'm looking forward to this! It's only a month away now!
WOW!
Time Flies!!!
Joanie

Darleneh710
05-04-2010, 05:07 PM
Hi Darlene--I expect to arrive Friday evening. Probably 7ish. I am excited you are coming. CAN'T WAIT to meet you too.

Hi Patty! This is very exciting! Thank you! I am excited to meet you and everyone too!

Lori
05-07-2010, 01:10 PM
Just bought my ticket! I also signed up for extra 24 hour shifts for more $$$ to take!!!

cindi
05-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Just bought my ticket! I also signed up for extra 24 hour shifts for more $$$ to take!!!

woo hoo!! we are gonna have a great time

Mrs. Fence
05-07-2010, 09:34 PM

Wooo Hoooo...hey, Cindi...maybe we should buy our tickets?:nod:

cindi
05-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Wooo Hoooo...hey, Cindi...maybe we should buy our tickets?:nod:

yes, we do need to!! want me to do it? I was just adding a little$$ to my envie..man I need a few good checks be fore we go!!
:nod:

Mrs. Fence
05-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Yes, go ahead and get them. You did that last time, didn't you? Or was it me? I can't remember...I'm hoping to have some extra $$$ to take too, especially since I've been working a bunch lately...

cindi
05-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Yes, go ahead and get them. You did that last time, didn't you? Or was it me? I can't remember...I'm hoping to have some extra $$$ to take too, especially since I've been working a bunch lately...

yeess...I do see a paycheck in your future!!
ok, I'll take care of teh tickets

Lori
05-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Got my tickets printed out, I'm bringing a stamping friend. You know, you meet them in the strangest places! I met Jaymie when she bought a second home in Vermont. She fell and broke her ankle, and called 911. I was working an exta shift (probably wanted to buy some stamping thing). About half way to the hospital, I mention something about ink, and she lights up, she's a stamper! I say it was meant to be!

cindi
05-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Got my tickets printed out, I'm bringing a stamping friend. You know, you meet them in the strangest places! I met Jaymie when she bought a second home in Vermont. She fell and broke her ankle, and called 911. I was working an exta shift (probably wanted to buy some stamping thing). About half way to the hospital, I mention something about ink, and she lights up, she's a stamper! I say it was meant to be!

oh cool!! I can't wait to meet you both..well you in person, since we already "know" each other

cindi
05-08-2010, 09:27 AM
Ok I have mine & Tracey's tickets!!
woo hoo

Lori
05-08-2010, 01:32 PM
What numbers are yours? Mines 169 and Jaymie's is 170.

cindi
05-08-2010, 03:10 PM
What numbers are yours? Mines 169 and Jaymie's is 170.

hey, I don't have them in my email yet..what's up with that? how long did it take to get yours?

Lori
05-09-2010, 09:00 AM
It only took about an hour. Check your spam.

ccstampin12
05-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Hey!
Do we have a headcount for the Friday night shoebox night?
Lesa and I are curious!
It's less than a month away now!
YIKES!
Better get going on this!
Joanie

cindi
05-09-2010, 06:04 PM
It only took about an hour. Check your spam.

ok, I found something there, it looks like an invoice..not tickets, is that it? so do I just bring that paper with me? I can't remember what we did last year
..duh!
:worried:

Lori
05-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Mine came with an attachment, I had to print the acual tickets.

cindi
05-09-2010, 06:36 PM
Mine came with an attachment, I had to print the acual tickets.

well, for the life of me I can't find an attachment, I'll have to call or something tomorrow, Man..why me?? (whining here)
lol

Lori
05-10-2010, 06:53 AM
I got 3 emails, one from paypal for my credit card, one from Heirloom, labeled receipt, and the third was the tickets. Hope its not a big hassle!

ccstampin12
05-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Ours are coming in the mail....I had to pay $1.00 shipping.
I didn't even SEE an option to download them!
Joanie

Lori
05-10-2010, 08:17 AM
I got charged $1 for shipping too. I didn't see an option for mailing. I should have paid better attention!

I went back to the site, and all tickets are emailed.

Mrs. Fence
05-10-2010, 12:07 PM
well, for the life of me I can't find an attachment, I'll have to call or something tomorrow, Man..why me?? (whining here)
lol

Sorry it's a hassle...(me hearing the whine...):wubclub:

cindi
05-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Sorry it's a hassle...(me hearing the whine...):wubclub:

aww, thanks, I'll call them when I get a chance, I have the printed reciept, so hopefully it will be an easy fix

cindi
05-10-2010, 07:22 PM
ok, this time I raelly have our tickets! no idea why it took so long, but earlier today I got another email from Heirloom then just a little bit ago I got the email with the attachment, and I just printed out our tickets!! woo ho!
we have numbers 171 & 172

ccstampin12
05-10-2010, 08:53 PM
Ours will be emailed in a couple of days.....why is this so challenging?

cindi
05-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Ours will be emailed in a couple of days.....why is this so challenging?

haha..I KNOW!! shouldn't it be easier to buy something?? I mean I know they want our $$
lol

Lori
05-11-2010, 08:13 AM
WOW! Guess not a lot of peeps are buying the pre show tickets. Glad you got them alright!

ccstampin12
05-11-2010, 09:07 AM
So....
Is this the list of peeps meeting up Friday night for the make and takes?
Cindy
Tracy
Patty
Joanie
Lesa
who am I missing?
Darlene?
Lori?
who else?
We need to know how many kits to produce!
LOL
Joanie

Lori
05-11-2010, 01:09 PM
I won't make it friday night. Working until 6PM. But I'll catch up with everyone saturday!

Patty
05-11-2010, 03:10 PM
OOOO, I'm so excited---I'm not bringing any special clothes. A couple of jeans and a couple of Ts--should we wear our Shack Shirts?? I'm buying my ticket at the door--that's ok, isn't it?

cindi
05-11-2010, 03:30 PM
OOOO, I'm so excited---I'm not bringing any special clothes. A couple of jeans and a couple of Ts--should we wear our Shack Shirts?? I'm buying my ticket at the door--that's ok, isn't it?

sure you can.I think it's 2.00 more at the door and you have to go through the line.

ccstampin12
05-11-2010, 04:32 PM
There are Shack shirts??????????????????
Tell me more!
Joanie

Lori
05-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Need to know about Shack shirts!!!!!

cindi
05-11-2010, 08:38 PM
what's everyone thinking of doing for their shoebox projects?? I'm at a loss. maybe if I know whta you's are doing my brain will kick in! lol

ccstampin12
05-12-2010, 08:31 AM
I'm debating, but my mind keeps coming back to a bookmark project.
Just not sure yet!
Joanie

tattoolesa
05-13-2010, 09:04 AM
Hi Gals! Long time no see. I am excited about the convention and hanging with some Shackies! Are we doing the shoebox Friday night or Saturday or both? I know Joanie and I are staying both nights. What time? Is everyone staying at the same hotel? I am creating a card for my project. Simple. Nothing fancy. Just like me! hehehe. Oh and Patty, I will be dressed for comfort and shopping and stamping! I think I will make 10-12 kits and if there is extra some can do more than one. Inky Hugs!!!

Mrs. Fence
05-13-2010, 09:24 AM
what's everyone thinking of doing for their shoebox projects?? I'm at a loss. maybe if I know whta you's are doing my brain will kick in! lol

That makes two of us! LOL I don't have a lot of creative mojo going on right now...:no2:I need some inspiration...:nod:

ccstampin12
05-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Ok...I have planned my shoebox project for those of us meeting up on Friday night for some crafty goodness!
I am feeling kind of overwhelmed, as I do get, when I have LOADS of things to do by a certain time.
I'll be fine now, about this 'assignment'...just have to cut some paper, etc.
Not telling what it is, but you'll see that it's quite different, I'm guessing!
Joanie

cindi
05-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Ok...I have planned my shoebox project for those of us meeting up on Friday night for some crafty goodness!
I am feeling kind of overwhelmed, as I do get, when I have LOADS of things to do by a certain time.
I'll be fine now, about this 'assignment'...just have to cut some paper, etc.
Not telling what it is, but you'll see that it's quite different, I'm guessing!
Joanie

Joanie, you tease!!!!!!
;)

ccstampin12
05-15-2010, 05:57 PM
Joanie, you tease!!!!!!
;)

Don't get your hopes up...it isn't spectacular!
Very simple.
The coloring is the only thing that will take some time.
:nah:Joanie

Mrs. Fence
05-16-2010, 07:00 AM
Can someone tell me what to put together? I've never done or seen a shoebox project. Is it something we will all do together while we are there? How many should I make? I'm trying to get a few projects off my to-do list also. I did a swap last night, 3 to go!

ccstampin12
05-16-2010, 08:33 AM
Tracey,
What I did was to make a sample.
Then I cut paper for all of us and I even scored it as that would be tricky to show everyone.
I included the stamp I used and a roll of ribbon.
I put all of it into a plastic shoebox.
You can just make little kits in baggies too.
Whatever you want.
You can design a card or ATC for us to make. (or whatever comes to mind)
Then, cut the paper for each element, or layer.
If you use a punch, put that into the shoebox.
We'll all be bringing our own inks and coloring medium so you don't have to bother with any of that.
I did write the Copics colors I used on my sample, but anything will work for my project, I assume.
I think I made the project for around 10 even though there won't be that many.
Hope this helps!
Joanie

Patty
05-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Wow--this thread is 7 pages long already--well, here's my 2cents. The project I'm doing is a reg size card with a flower on the front that is made up of smaller pieces of folded paper. I'm bringing the paper/cs, punch, and directions for about 10 people. I have a couple of other ideas, and I have envelope templates that might be fun to use so I'll bring those too. I think it's called a shoebox project cuz that's about the size of everything--but you can put it in anything you want. Now, for who else is coming...I think Seaside Rose aka Cathy, and Babriegirl are coming also. I think that not everyone will make every project so 10ish should be fine. I'm bringing my papercutter, bone folder, some glues, tapes, maybe some bellies, scissors, my wipes a couple of inkpads, definitely some glitter. It's really not a portable hobby, is it?

Patty
05-16-2010, 10:10 AM
I was also thinking---if anyone has something that they have been having trouble getting to come out right, maybe they should bring it. I know I have one stamp that I have had for about 10 years and I was never once able to get it right. Maybe someone there will know more about it. I'm already wishing we would have more time. We should do this again when there is no convention--just time for us to be together.

Mrs. Fence
05-16-2010, 01:17 PM
I was also thinking---if anyone has something that they have been having trouble getting to come out right, maybe they should bring it. I know I have one stamp that I have had for about 10 years and I was never once able to get it right. Maybe someone there will know more about it. I'm already wishing we would have more time. We should do this again when there is no convention--just time for us to be together.

I agree! Next time we should plan a get together for us to just stamp and hang out and have fun! Thanks for the help, everyone, on what to bring. I'm really getting excited!!!

cindi
05-16-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm really getting excited too!
I was thinking we should all bring something to protect teh tables with, They are being good enough to let us use the breakfast nook, we must keep it clean, and maybe they will let us do this again

ccstampin12
05-16-2010, 05:57 PM
I was thinking the same thing this afternoon!
I use pages from a doodle pad and I also have a craft mat. I know SU! has a great tablet for working on, but I never bought one...maybe they aren't for sale.?
We can each bring whatever works best for us, I guess!
Joanie

I'm really getting excited too!
I was thinking we should all bring something to protect teh tables with, They are being good enough to let us use the breakfast nook, we must keep it clean, and maybe they will let us do this again

cindi
05-16-2010, 06:40 PM
yup. I like to use one of those really thin cutting mats from the $$ store, I'll be bring that

Patty
05-16-2010, 07:35 PM
I use scrap paper from the office---the banner paper that comes out of the printer--I can bring a pile of that. Even though I haven't worked there in 18 months, they still save it for me. I have plenty to share.

Mrs. Fence
05-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Good thinking, girls. I'll bring my craft mat, for sure!

RubberLady603
05-26-2010, 05:33 AM
New girl here popping on to say that I can't wait for Springfield!!!! Meeting my Mom Friday at the motel for some stamping! I just love being able to see the stuff in person instead of on a screen before buying! We are staying Friday and Saturday night. I've been on a NO buying spree so I can get lots of stuff. DH could not believe that I passed up a stop at AC Moore in Augusta last weekend when we went to Levant. LOL!

Lori
05-26-2010, 09:47 AM
Coupon, from one of the vendors, 10% off
http://www.lunistamps.com/

Mrs. Fence
05-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Coupon, from one of the vendors, 10% off
http://www.lunistamps.com/

Thanks, Lori! Oh, and I printed one for you too, Cindi!:wubclub:

cindi
05-26-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks, Lori! Oh, and I printed one for you too, Cindi!:wubclub:

cool!! Thanks!!!
:wubclub:

RubberLady603
05-26-2010, 05:56 PM
New girl here just piping in to say I can't wait for Springfield. Meeting Mom at hotel Friday for some stamping. Then more stamping at the hotel Sat. night. Not much shopping here so awesome to see and touch and buy!

RubberLady603
05-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Ooops, probably a double post. I just now figured out my last post must still be waiting for approval. I wondered what happened to it. LOL!

Patty
05-26-2010, 07:17 PM

OK, here's what I'm doing for shoebox projects--both very simple: First I have a card called a Dalhia (sp?) card. It's made by folding 8 small punched circles of double sided cardstock and making a flower on the front of the card. Some of you may have already made this. I'm bringing paper, punch and sticky dots to adhere the "petals".

The second project is just my envelope templates and some calendar pages and ds paper to make some different sizes. I'm also bringing a variety of templates and something to trace/copy them onto in case anyone wants to have them without buying them. ;)

Patty
05-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Hi Gals! Long time no see. I am excited about the convention and hanging with some Shackies! Are we doing the shoebox Friday night or Saturday or both? I know Joanie and I are staying both nights. What time? Is everyone staying at the same hotel? I am creating a card for my project. Simple. Nothing fancy. Just like me! hehehe. Oh and Patty, I will be dressed for comfort and shopping and stamping! I think I will make 10-12 kits and if there is extra some can do more than one. Inky Hugs!!!

Hey Lesa--I'm looking forward to seeing you. I'm coming up Friday, probably late afternoon unless everyone is getting there earlier. Jeans and sneaks for me. I'm travelling light as far as clothes go--nothing fancy. I'll probably go straight to the hotel first--get that finalized--then ready to get inky!!

cindi
05-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Ooops, probably a double post. I just now figured out my last post must still be waiting for approval. I wondered what happened to it. LOL!

hi Dee.. welcome to that stamp shack. Are you going to teh heirloom rubber stamp show in west springfield mass? there are some of us going, and getting very excited about it, too

ccstampin12
05-26-2010, 08:24 PM
I can't believe it's NEXT weekend already!!!!
Joanie

cindi
05-26-2010, 09:34 PM
I can't believe it's NEXT weekend already!!!!
Joanie

I know!!!! I have started making a list of things to remember to bring. I ned to work on a
list of stamps I "need"

RubberLady603
05-27-2010, 04:47 AM
Yes, I'm going and I can't wait. My list of stuff to bring keeps growing! I'm hoping to use stuff I bring to stamp Friday and hoping for new stuff to play with Sat. night. Meeting my Mom for some stamping at the hotel on Friday.

Lori
05-27-2010, 06:38 AM
I spent last night, revising my lists of stuff I have, stuff I want, and stuff I need to check out....Dh says he's afraid I need another bag.....

ccstampin12
05-27-2010, 07:40 AM
I spent last night, revising my lists of stuff I have, stuff I want, and stuff I need to check out....Dh says he's afraid I need another bag.....
HAHAHA!!!!!
We're gonna need a bigger BAG....to paraphrase from the movie "Jaws!"
Joanie

Lori
05-27-2010, 08:15 AM
HAHAHA!!!!!
We're gonna need a bigger BAG....to paraphrase from the movie "Jaws!"
Joanie

Thats his favorite line from that movie!!!!ROTFLMAO!!!!

ccstampin12
05-27-2010, 09:26 AM
So...how will we find each other?
We need a list of people staying in the hotel.
First and last names!
I'll start:
Joanie Mowers
Lesa Sverid

cindi
05-27-2010, 09:34 AM
So...how will we find each other?
We need a list of people staying in the hotel.
First and last names!
I'll start:
Joanie Mowers
Lesa Sverid

we can pm each other our cell phone numbers too, we did that last year.

Cindi hooks

Lori
05-27-2010, 12:10 PM
Oh, be serious...do you think you won't know that tacky bag????

I'm not staying at hotel...and I think my cell is dead, dead, dead. I'll have to see if dh can't hook me up.

Patty
05-27-2010, 12:56 PM

Well, by all means pack a couple ... you just never know!!!:rolleyes:

Patty
05-27-2010, 01:01 PM
we can pm each other our cell phone numbers too, we did that last year.

Cindi hooks
Joanie Mowers
Lesa Sverid
Patt Pope
Cindi Hooks
Traci (Mrs Fence)

Patty
05-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Maybe we should pick a color and wear that color tops on Friday so we'll know who's who. Not all of us have already met the others.

How about Pink or White or Black?????

ccstampin12
05-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Yes...any of those!!!
LOL
J

cindi
05-27-2010, 06:00 PM
Maybe we should pick a color and wear that color tops on Friday so we'll know who's who. Not all of us have already met the others.

How about Pink or White or Black?????

haha,,you know I always wear black..I'll accerorize in color though!

RubberLady603
05-28-2010, 04:44 AM
Only one more week! Whoo-hoo!

ccstampin12
05-29-2010, 12:32 PM
OK....
I have labored over my list of crafty things to bring for our Friday night shoebox mania.!
This is my list to bring, unless I run out of room!
Copics
Tool bag...contains all my things like tape, scissors, etc.
My SHOEBOX project
Stamp cleaner and scrubber
Paper Trimmer
Ruler
Tape...all types
Craft mat
Doodlepad
Mouse Pad
Inks
Stickles
Gel and sparkle pens
White cardstock
Ott light????
I'm also bringing my collapsible crate to roll around at the convention and collect my treasures!
Did I forget anything?
Joanie

RubberLady603
05-29-2010, 02:41 PM
Oooh, you're doing good on your list. I still haven't decided on what I'm going to be making when I stamp with Mom. For sure the rolling crate is perfect. The first time I went I ended up making too many trips to the car because stuff got awkward and/or heavy. By tomorrow afternoon I should have my list done..........

Patty
05-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Good job on the list, Joanie--I'm also bringing a couple of acrylic blocks and glue sticks in case I buy an unmounted and want to use it right away.

cindi
05-29-2010, 03:59 PM
I must get ready, and get my list finished and packing started..hmm maybe Monday I can get some time to myself.

Lori
05-29-2010, 04:57 PM
I hope my bag is big enough!!! Maybe I need another...or maybe get a rolling crate thingy...Now I'm nervous!

Patty
05-29-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm making a mental list of which vendors I want to find on Saturday. Maybe I should write it down, eh? :nod:

ccstampin12
05-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Oh, yes....great idea, Patty.
I will do that too!
Joanie
I'm making a mental list of which vendors I want to find on Saturday. Maybe I should write it down, eh? :nod:

cindi
05-29-2010, 08:49 PM
I hope my bag is big enough!!! Maybe I need another...or maybe get a rolling crate thingy...Now I'm nervous!

haha..unless you really go crazy..a tote bag should do you..I know it has done the trick for me in the past

ccstampin12
05-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Actually, Lori, rubber stamps don't take up much space. You should be fine, and if you're not, you can go out to your car, empty the bag and go in for more!!!!
LOL
Joanie

haha..unless you really go crazy..a tote bag should do you..I know it has done the trick for me in the past

Lori
05-30-2010, 05:58 AM
Me??? Go crazy:wacko:

I think I'll try for the load and empty technique....

Patty
05-30-2010, 12:40 PM
One more thing for this weekend---I am planning to bring my box of images--so that if anyone wants any, they can take what they want. I'll probably never be able to use them all, and I hate to just discard them....so I'm gonna share!!!

Lori
05-30-2010, 02:24 PM

:nod:I've got to see them all on saturday!

RubberLady603
05-31-2010, 06:45 AM
OK, so I made some ATC's to trade and or just give away. (Only 35. I couldn't get into 100's). The only catch is that I couldn't wrap my head around "Strawberry Fields Forever". I have never "traded" ATC's in fact this is only my second attempt at the little cuties. I am really happy with how they turned out. DH says they are really nice but now 35 people that I hand them to will know that I can't ever seem to follow the rules! ROTFL! Do you think the ATC police will beat me up for it? I'm going on the assumption that if I am not entering them in the contest for Rubber Bucks that it's OK? Jeesh, I really should try following the rules for once......

Patty
05-31-2010, 11:32 AM
I don't know about the contest, but I'd say when you create something, there is no wrong. If you've never been to this conventin before, you might not know that some people who go will bring things to trade with other stampers, so you're "right on". Since some of us will be there, we should try to meet. When do you plan to be there?

RubberLady603
05-31-2010, 12:01 PM
I've actually been a few times to this show but don't usually make anything to bring. I'm going down Friday afternoon. Picking up Mom in Keene area on my way and heading down. We will do some stampy stuff at the hotel Friday and then go to the show on Sat. We are staying down there Sat night too. Then probably go back to show Sunday before heading home. Usually Sunday is much more mellow than Sat and easier to do the make and takes and stuff. We are staying at that motel right there by the exit from 91. It would be fun to meet to say hello.

ccstampin12
05-31-2010, 12:57 PM
What hotel are you going to be in?
We're....I'm guessing here....in Comfort Inn...is that right Cindi, Tracey and Patty?
Joanie

cindi
05-31-2010, 01:00 PM
yes, we are staying at the comfort inn and suittes. woo hoo..I am getting more excited every day!

Lori
05-31-2010, 01:06 PM
I've actually been a few times to this show but don't usually make anything to bring. I'm going down Friday afternoon. Picking up Mom in Keene area on my way and heading down. We will do some stampy stuff at the hotel Friday and then go to the show on Sat. We are staying down there Sat night too. Then probably go back to show Sunday before heading home. Usually Sunday is much more mellow than Sat and easier to do the make and takes and stuff. We are staying at that motel right there by the exit from 91. It would be fun to meet to say hello.

Where are you from? I'm in the Wilmington VT area.

RubberLady603
05-31-2010, 01:18 PM
I'm up near Conway, NH. Up in the boonies. LOL but that's the way I like it. I lived in Brattleboro. I'm amazed and thrilled at how close to home some of you are. I have family in Guilford VT, and Levant Me. I lived in Hermon Me right on Hermon Pond for about 5 years. Small world here!
I'm staying at the Quality Inn right there by 91. Are you all going down on Friday?

cindi
05-31-2010, 02:21 PM
yes, some of us are going on Friday & we are going to stamp together Friday afternoon/evening.
can't wait!

ccstampin12
05-31-2010, 02:25 PM
At some point, I may like to shop at a Michael's....is there one there?
LOL
Joanie

Seaside Rose
05-31-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm Cathy from Newburyport MA, traveling out early Friday afternoon and staying through Sunday (sharing a room with Patty).

If anyone traveling through MA or from eastern MA wants to hitch a ride, you can leave your car at my house. DS is going to be loading me and my gear by about 12:30 but there is plenty of room if anyone wants to save on gas and driving. ;) We are returning Sunday but have not set a firm return time yet...

I'm bringing things to share and demo with our group (some craft projects), but I had not planned to bring anything to trade otherwise, although I probably could put together an asst. of ATC's. I've never been to one of these and don't really know what to expect either. ;)

jazzypurple853
05-31-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure is there is where you are going to be

http://hosted.where2getit.com/michaels/

jazzypurple853
05-31-2010, 02:47 PM
If you put in the street address of the rubber stamp show - 1305 memorial ave, west springfield,ma

There is a michaels located at: 1081 Riverdale st, West Springfield,ma

Not sure if that is near the stamp show.

RubberLady603
05-31-2010, 02:56 PM
At some point, I may like to shop at a Michael's....is there one there?
LOL
Joanie

Yup.....Not too far from the highway (when headed towards fairgrounds by way of Riverdale St.)on the left in a plaza. Trying to remember just how far from the highway. I know it's not very far.....We don't have Michaels up here so it's always fun to stop in.
ETA On the right if you are coming from the fairgrounds. Thought I should add because I don't know where your hotel is.

ccstampin12
05-31-2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks, I think Lesa will remember how to get around.
I have NO sense of direction!
LOL
Joanie

cindi
05-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Joanie..it's just down the street from our hotel..in the same plaza as the 99 restaurant, i think..anyways..it's very easy to find from our hotel. Tracey & I definatly want to go at least once

cindi
05-31-2010, 11:40 PM
I am hoping to find coupons to print, because we don't have an M's here, so I want to go armed with coupons!!!

Lori
06-01-2010, 06:12 AM
Isn't there a big mall with an AC moore's and a Christmas Tree Shoppe in it? THen a JoAnn's and a Michael's across the road? Or maybe I'm thinking about someplace else.

ccstampin12
06-01-2010, 07:41 AM
I don't remember....thankfully others have been the drivers in the past...I just go along for the ride~!!!
I'm sure we'll go there at some point.
Joanie

RubberLady603
06-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Are you all going out for dinner on Friday somewhere? It would be fun to meet for some food and maybe a cocktail would be nice. Do you plan on that or just sorta go when the mood strikes for food? We don't normally know anyone else so we usually just wing it. Was just curious what you all were up to.

ccstampin12
06-01-2010, 04:31 PM
I know that Lesa, Patty and I will be at our hotel by early afternoon.
I'll PM you my cell phone number.
You can call me to see what will be decided about dinner....for sure we'll eat 'Somewhere!'
Not sure when Cindi and Tracey will arrive.
Joanie

RubberLady603
06-01-2010, 04:38 PM
That sounds good. I'm picking up my mother in Keene on my way down and figure we will be at hotel by 3 or so. I know I'll be ready to go out by supper time.

cindi
06-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Tracey & I are leaving early..hope to be there by 3:00, earlier if we are lucky.
I can't wait to see everyone old friends and new! ya, we do like to eat! and I will definatly be having cocktails

RubberLady603
06-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Must be a forever ride from Bangor. Yikes. It takes me about 3 1/2 hours to get there (Bangor) from my house. It's going to take me about 3 1/2 hrs to get down there. Luckily I'm leaving early enough to take a break at Moms for lunch and maybe a quick stop at M's in Keene. Yup, by dinner time I'll be ready for a brew!

Patty
06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
Joanie..it's just down the street from our hotel..in the same plaza as the 99 restaurant, i think..anyways..it's very easy to find from our hotel. Tracey & I definatly want to go at least once

ME TOO ME TOO....please don't go without me!!!:jiggy:

cindi
06-01-2010, 09:15 PM
ME TOO ME TOO....please don't go without me!!!:jiggy:

of course not!! Tracey will have her GPS..so we know we can find it!