PDA

View Full Version : A good cause!

HeatherJ
05-02-2010, 08:04 AM
I think I had a brilliant idea! I have been gathering my "stash" of cards together, ones I made as extras that are just gathering dust, and will be taking them to school to sell (hopefully) as a fundraiser for my Cancer Relay for Life team. I figured that would be a win win...I would clean up the stamping area somewhat and my staff would be getting something for their donation rather than a straight sponsorship.

limeyscrapper
05-02-2010, 08:41 AM
A lovely idea Heather!
I have been doing that for few years. We work with a small charity that provides support and assistance for Polio Survivors, and I have been selling my cards at their social events and meetings. They are usually quite popular.
I have even included some cards that I got through swapping - they do start to pile up after a while don't they, and most of the people that swap cards with me know that I do this.
Good luck with your sales.

scrubbybubbles
05-02-2010, 08:47 AM
Great idea heather! thanks for sharing that. :)

Patty
05-02-2010, 11:22 AM
great idea, Heather. Let us know how you makeout. I take my extras to my LSS and for 10 or 15 cards she gives you 10 or 15% off your purchase that day. The cards then go to the soldiers.

Deborah
05-02-2010, 09:37 PM
GREAT idea Heather! I donate mine to Titz 'n' Glitz every fall.

cindi
05-02-2010, 10:11 PM
ThaT's a great idea!!!!!
way to go!
:jiggy: