PDA

View Full Version : Yet another reason I'm so grateful to Sherry

inkinupstamps
10-24-2006, 06:43 AM
Stamp-shack has only been up and running two weeks and it has been said by many over and over again, but I have to repeat it yet one more time...I'm so happy to have this wonderful STAMPING and card making site. There are scrapbook sites a-plenty, but few and far between are there sites for us stampers.

I was just reading on 2peas of the changes that are taking place there. Not once in the announcement was the stamping category mentioned. :( They only talked about scrapbooking. It is hard to tell what changes that will involve for us stampers...maybe none...maybe a lot, but I just am so grateful for this stamping community.

WOW! Only two weeks and look what we have?!:cool: Forums, Chat rooms, the ability to purchase a one of a kind, limited edition Santa stamp, user friendly gallery, one of a kind swapping that will be above all others, AND soon to happen stamping for a cause in the charitable donation to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation with the kickoff of a fund raising auction. All of this in only two weeks! AWESOME!

Thank you Sherry! You know how I feel about you and all you've done. I just have to say it publically again! THANK YOU!:D

Alli
10-24-2006, 07:15 AM
I couldn't agree more Jennifer. Thank you Sherry for all your hard work! :)

iloveflipflops
10-24-2006, 07:28 AM
I just love everything about this site and this is the BEST website ever! Thanks Sherry!!

suzi_f
10-24-2006, 07:34 AM
I agree too! I was a little hesitant at first, don't like change. But, once I made the decision to at least TRY, I'm HOOKED! Great site!! Thanks Sherry!!

Sherry
10-24-2006, 08:00 AM
WOW! Only two weeks and look what we have?!:cool: Forums, Chat rooms, the ability to purchase a one of a kind, limited edition Santa stamp, user friendly gallery, one of a kind swapping that will be above all others, AND soon to happen stamping for a cause in the charitable donation to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation with the kickoff of a fund raising auction. All of this in only two weeks! AWESOME!

Thank you Sherry! You know how I feel about you and all you've done. I just have to say it publically again! THANK YOU!:D

Thank you so much, Jennifer! And YOU know just how I feel about your friendship and support that you have given me throughout my website days. I am super thrilled that you are enjoying this STAMPING only website! The Stamp Shack will always remain a stamping only website.

Sherry
10-24-2006, 08:02 AM
Thank you SO MUCH, ladies, for your comments and praise of The Stamp Shack website. I really do take all comments to heart and, although I don't have much time for chatting (YET), I am working behind the scenes to make this place as enjoyable as possible :)

Cheers!
Sherry

emmcee
10-24-2006, 08:38 AM
I also appreciate this site and all the hard work that Sherry and others are doing to maintain such a friendly atmosphere. There are so many scrapbook sites and not much for us stampers and cardmakers so 3 CHEERS for the Stamp Shack. Rah! Rah! Rah! :D :D

I'm going to look through my stamps and see what I have I can donate to the Stamp Shack Auction. What a wonderful idea! :) :)

Michelle

lost luggage
10-24-2006, 10:30 AM
Ditto from me too! The site is outstanding!! :)

toao
10-24-2006, 10:51 AM
Sherry my dear, I wish you the BEST success with your new site.

As so many of the others have said, we are truly enjoying it!

Mary ;)

Erin K
10-24-2006, 10:58 AM
I love me some scrapbooking too, but I can totally understand why the fact that this site is stamping only is very appealing to people who don't scrapbook. And I totally support keeping it that way.

The main thing I love about this site is the people. after that, it's the fact that someone who is a user of the site is in charge of it. I feel like Sherry thinks about what people want in a site, what SHE would want in a site when making this place work like it does. That's somethign I think is missing on lots of other sites. Here's an example, have you noticed we don't get many double posts on this site? Well, that's because of this cute little feature where you can't post more than once in 3 (0r soemthing) seconds. So the other day when I accidentally hit "submit reply" twice I didn't look like a moron, it just told me no and only posted once. Gotta love that.

This is gonna sound horrible, but sometimes I wondered if PC felt like the MB was a great place to sell ads and to advertise directly to us. I didn't always feel like they really set it up because they wanted to help us have a community and inspire each other. And that's fine, they are a magazine, they are trying to run a business. But Sherry is a friend trying to run a wonderful resource for her friends. And that makes everything different.

So my point of all this is that for me it's more about the heart of the board than the content. And so you all know if so many of you didn't come over when this board started up I'd be crushed, because I'd hate to have to choose between this awesome board and my longstanding friends. I get to have both and I feel very blessed for that.

jdpisces
10-24-2006, 12:42 PM
This site is really an incredible place to come! All of the ladies here are so inspiring and I can't imagine ever going back to another place. There are so many apects to this site that I never get bored!

Thanks so much, Sherry for all of your hard work and dedication to this. I know I speak for everyone when I say how much we all appreciate it.

:p

Julie