PDA

View Full Version : I love asking this question:

toao
01-10-2007, 01:53 PM
What's one thing about yourself that most people don't know?
It could be something you like, something you dislike, something you do or don't do....just make it something that maybe your closest friends may not even know!

Mary

P.S. I'll start....
I grew up by the ocean, but only learned to snorkel when I was 28.

Erin K
01-10-2007, 01:58 PM
I will NOT go to a circus with animals. I think it's mean to them. I love acrobatic circuses though.

Stampingmommy
01-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Something personal that even my DH doesn't know. I think I go through major times of depression but I don't want to take medication for it. It helps get my mind off of things when I stamp.

Caboverde1
01-10-2007, 03:03 PM
I used to be a dolphin trainer for sea world...Its really the only job I ever had that I throughly enjoyed. It was a dream I had always had and was able to obtain it...some of the happiest days of my life!

Tonii

Christie
01-10-2007, 03:27 PM
I once had a job where I cleaned up doggie poop!! LOL! I was in high school and got hired to clean the kennels!

I like to cry at movies and I have a dry sense of humor!

mcourtney
01-10-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm half Japanese.

Erin K
01-10-2007, 03:47 PM
I used to be a dolphin trainer for sea world...Its really the only job I ever had that I throughly enjoyed. It was a dream I had always had and was able to obtain it...some of the happiest days of my life!

Tonii

I already knew that, You gotta put something else. :nod:

Caboverde1
01-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Huh...im actually kinda boring, other than that...oh, this is kinda cool...I was infertile until I had my MIRACLE baby Justyce...(I always felt it was a CRIME that I was unable to have children)...me and my husband even adopted. Turned out my 0- blood type was standing in my way to motherhood!

Tonii

MidwestStamper
01-10-2007, 04:23 PM
I have the same heritage as Raquel Welch: Swedish and Bolivian (why don't I look more like she did when she was my age?!)

Jadyeebugsaunt
01-10-2007, 04:33 PM
That my Great Grandfather one day decidedd to leave and went into the hills of west Virgina to never be heard from agian.

tojoco
01-10-2007, 04:34 PM
My husband and I adopted a child from the Philippines 17 years ago.

Erin K
01-10-2007, 04:52 PM

Try again, we all know that. :) We love Corey!

tojoco
01-10-2007, 04:57 PM
OK Erin, how about this one: I have sleep apnea and need to wear a CPAP mask every night.

Erin K
01-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Didn't know that one Joanne. What is A CPAP mask? Is it comfortable, doesn't sound comfortable

tojoco
01-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Yes, after 2 days of adjusting to it I don't even feel I'm wearing it. Tom and Corey call me Snuffleupacus (spell???) because the tube runs from the mask on my nose to the air flow machine on the night stand.

bubblegum girl
01-10-2007, 05:18 PM
i dont skate. like i live in the irst nation of hockey but i dont skate. you see i broke my leg skating 4 yrs ago on valentines day adn havent skated since!

maxiesmom
01-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Mine is that I love reading the comics, have to read them every day! My coworker used to comment that I was the only adult she knew that read them and would laugh out loud. Those things are for adults anymore anyway!

I am also with Erin, I don't like circuses. Haven't been since I was a teen and saw what small cages the animals were kept in. It made me very sad.

And DH also has a sleep apnea machine, uses it even if he takes a nap. Says it makes him so much more rested than without it.

Love these polls!

inkinupstamps
01-10-2007, 05:28 PM
Really, really, REALLY want to learn to play the cello. It is one of those things on my "before I die" list of things to do. Hey...if I'm really good then I'll want to be a concert cellist!

cindi
01-10-2007, 05:32 PM
I love to read trashy romance novels!!!!:nod:
LOL
:)

lost luggage
01-10-2007, 06:03 PM
There are so many threads like this that keep coming up, I feel like you guys are fishing for information! Like somebody knows something and they are waiting to see if someone spills the beans...

Here's ONE of mine...I don't like to give out to much information: The real reason I won't get a tattoo? Because I don't want the FBI to be able to find me easier... lol

MidwestStamper
01-10-2007, 06:04 PM
LOL

ooooh! me too! (shhh, I'm a Church Secretary!):grin:

ranaleigh
01-10-2007, 06:11 PM
I cannot stand to watch other people eat. That should be part of my diet. Whenever I'm hungry, I should go to the food court in the mall and watch people eat!

Christie
01-10-2007, 06:32 PM
LOL

Cindi you are too funny!!:biglaugh:

toao
01-10-2007, 10:14 PM

Tonii

One of my "life goals" is to swim with dolphins. I used to dream I was able to swim underwater with them...forever. One of these days I AM going to swim with them..I AM.

Mary

toao
01-10-2007, 10:14 PM
That my Great Grandfather one day decidedd to leave and went into the hills of west Virgina to never be heard from agian.

That's pretty interesting.

Mary

toao
01-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Really, really, REALLY want to learn to play the cello. It is one of those things on my "before I die" list of things to do. Hey...if I'm really good then I'll want to be a concert cellist!

Hey if you can be a concert cellist, then maybe I can be a concert pianist. Who knows? I am taking lessons again.

Mary

toao
01-10-2007, 10:16 PM
LOL

now I know where to send mine to be recycled! LOL

Mary

toao
01-10-2007, 10:17 PM
There are so many threads like this that keep coming up, I feel like you guys are fishing for information! Like somebody knows something and they are waiting to see if someone spills the beans...

Here's ONE of mine...I don't like to give out to much information: The real reason I won't get a tattoo? Because I don't want the FBI to be able to find me easier... lol

That would stink. LOL

Mary

Caboverde1
01-10-2007, 10:22 PM
One of my "life goals" is to swim with dolphins. I used to dream I was able to swim underwater with them...forever. One of these days I AM going to swim with them..I AM.

Mary

GO FOR IT! It is the most surreal experience! Dolphins are so magical...so smart...very loving creatures...they have different personalities and they are soooooo playful! DO IT! The first experience I had in the water with dolphins was in the Bahamas...I knew then I must work with them!

Tonii

tesschap
01-10-2007, 10:27 PM
I have a degree in Clownology!

Teresa a.k.a. Tessabelle The Clown!

toao
01-10-2007, 10:29 PM
I have a degree in Clownology!

Teresa a.k.a. Tessabelle The Clown!

I bet you have tons of fun doing that!
Thanks for sharing.

Mary

patg
01-10-2007, 10:34 PM

Tonii

Tonii
That sounds so cool! What happened?
Pat

patg
01-10-2007, 10:36 PM
OK Erin, how about this one: I have sleep apnea and need to wear a CPAP mask every night.

Joanne,
That's awful! I feel for you! Pat

GrammaStamper
One of my great, great, great....grandfathers was a Member of Parliament in 1867, the first governemt formed after Confederation (when Canada became a country). His name was George Perry!

patg

That is so neat!
Pat

Caboverde1
01-10-2007, 10:38 PM
I have really bad ears! I kept getting ear infections...so many the Dr said its hearing or dolphin training...I had the nerve to "think" about it, before I quit! I miss it to death...I go back to sea world alot...my dolphins name is bullet...she has since been moved to Florida at Discovery Cove.

TOnii

stampcrazyjulie
01-10-2007, 10:40 PM
I tried out for the Police Academy in Southern California back in 1994. We had to do an all day obstacle course and run and do a whole bunch of other things in extreme heat. I only weighed 95 pounds at the time & while I was pulling a 250 pound fake dummy backwards it fell on top of me & I passed out. The Paramedics had to carry me off of the Field.

Needless to say I pulled both of my hamstrings in my legs, & I failed the test. :(

patg
01-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Here's mine:

I was born in Brunei. I bet most of you are thinking where the heck is Brunei!

It is an island se of Malaysia and it is where the Sultan lives (you know the richest man in the world)

Pat

buggainok
01-10-2007, 10:44 PM
I am a grandma many times over, but still love to go to rock concerts! My 44 year old son, his wife, and I drove to Dallas to see John Mellencamp. I bought a concert teeshirt, too!

Whoopsie Daisy!
01-10-2007, 10:52 PM
Most don't know that I don't like my food to touch.
I've gotten better about it over the years... especially since having children... but occasionally, I still find myself carefully separating my food.

Caboverde1
01-10-2007, 10:56 PM
oH...Heres another thing! Remember the story about the princess and the pea?? Well it was written about me! I CANNOT sleep just anywhere...no floors, couches, cheap mattresses...NO WAY! I have left hotels before because of uncomfortable mattresses...I made my husband buy me a sleep number bed to the tune of $5000...I have to be comfortable!

Tonii

Darleneh710
01-10-2007, 11:23 PM
I am a grandma many times over, but still love to go to rock concerts! My 44 year old son, his wife, and I drove to Dallas to see John Mellencamp. I bought a concert teeshirt, too!

I am a huge 80s rock fan! I hope I never stop liking that music

Darleneh710
01-10-2007, 11:35 PM
time to find one..

I've had a life long dream of being an FBI agent...and I took Criminal Justice in college (the first time)..I always thought my life would be in law..oh well..that didn't happen

1of2shoes
01-11-2007, 12:09 AM
My great-uncle (my paternal grandfather's brother) was once married to Princess Diana's mother. That was before Diana was a Princess, of course.

Firecracker
01-11-2007, 12:10 AM
I live in the state (Utah) with the slogan: Greatest snow on earth and I have never been skiing. I hate the cold. Hugs, Heather

Erin K
01-11-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm not related to those ceral people.

LinzyD
01-11-2007, 12:38 AM
To this day, I am scared to death of grasshoppers! They are evil little things! Yipes! :wacko:
Linzy

tesschap
01-11-2007, 07:59 AM
I bet you have tons of fun doing that!
Thanks for sharing.

Mary

It was always tons of fun! I don't clown much any more - Tessabelle only comes out of retirement to do clowning workshops for girl scouts and 4-H'ers these days.

Teresa

KylaMaestas
01-11-2007, 08:42 AM
This is a fun thread.... being a fairly new member certainly has its advantages because I don't think I have shared much of anything non stamping relate so here are a few things....

*No one watches me brush my teeth LOL, hate that, not even my husband.
*my 9 year old son is Autistic
*my dog Kita (Black lab) is epileptic

keltie
01-11-2007, 08:45 AM
It was always tons of fun! I don't clown much any more - Tessabelle only comes out of retirement to do clowning workshops for girl scouts and 4-H'ers these days.

Teresa

You now could become Stamping Bella, that would make a cool stamp.
Heather

My life must be very dull, if I come up with something I'll share it.
Heather

My3Ds
01-11-2007, 08:58 AM

Mary

to Discovery Cove and loved it. It's there in Orlando and you get to swim with the dolphins. I've got the coolest picture of him kissing his. :wub:

My3Ds
01-11-2007, 09:01 AM
I have really bad ears! I kept getting ear infections...so many the Dr said its hearing or dolphin training...I had the nerve to "think" about it, before I quit! I miss it to death...I go back to sea world alot...my dolphins name is bullet...she has since been moved to Florida at Discovery Cove.

TOnii

will have to ask him if he remembers his dolphins name. I remember him saying it was a female. I even have a picture of him kissing her. Maybe it's your Bullet.

tesschap
01-11-2007, 09:33 AM
You now could become Stamping Bella, that would make a cool stamp.
Heather

My life must be very dull, if I come up with something I'll share it.
Heather

You are right - wouldn't that be a cool stamp!

My3Ds
01-11-2007, 09:47 AM

TOnii

I will have to ask him if he remembers what his dolphin's name was. I know he said it was a girl.

SallyLou
01-11-2007, 10:43 AM
How about, I used to be young, thin, smart and pretty. Lets just say, the years haven't been good!!!! However, as I was watching my soap last week, my son said, "Mom you are an intellingent woman, how can you watch that trash!!!" So I guess someone still thinks I'm smart. ( I'll take a compliment where ever I can find it.)
Sally

craft a latte
01-11-2007, 10:53 AM
13 years ago I found out I have an older brother who lives in Indiana. He was born when my mom was a teen. My mom made a call to the pastor that led to them finding my brother again 33 years later. I went with my mom and family to meet him, his children and his adoptive mom. I had always wanted an older brother so it was really great to have such a great surprise.

Sabrina

Caboverde1
01-11-2007, 11:04 AM
I will have to ask him if he remembers what his dolphin's name was. I know he said it was a girl.

Did you guys have a really good time...I did! of course I was behind the scenes...but I thoroughly enjoyed myself at Discovery Cove. Much better park than Sea World and tons BIGGER!

TOnii

ranaleigh
01-11-2007, 11:21 AM
Ah, those were the days! But I wouldn't give a thing up (except maybe the fried food) to be that way again!

How about, I used to be young, thin, smart and pretty. Lets just say, the years haven't been good!!!! However, as I was watching my soap last week, my son said, "Mom you are an intellingent woman, how can you watch that trash!!!" So I guess someone still thinks I'm smart. ( I'll take a compliment where ever I can find it.)
Sally

toao
01-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Here's mine:

I was born in Brunei. I bet most of you are thinking where the heck is Brunei!

It is an island se of Malaysia and it is where the Sultan lives (you know the richest man in the world)

Pat

That is awesome!!

Mary

toao
01-11-2007, 12:12 PM
time to find one..

I've had a life long dream of being an FBI agent...and I took Criminal Justice in college (the first time)..I always thought my life would be in law..oh well..that didn't happen

You're still young.....and that would sure be exciting!! :cool:

Mary

toao
01-11-2007, 12:13 PM
My great-uncle (my paternal grandfather's brother) was once married to Princess Diana's mother. That was before Diana was a Princess, of course.

How cool is that?

Mary

toao
01-11-2007, 12:15 PM
This is a fun thread.... being a fairly new member certainly has its advantages because I don't think I have shared much of anything non stamping relate so here are a few things....

*No one watches me brush my teeth LOL, hate that, not even my husband.
*my 9 year old son is Autistic
*my dog Kita (Black lab) is epileptic

I have a good friend who's son is autistic. He's turning 7 this year. He's starting to ask his mom and dad for stuff now. Like the other day he said "Want Music" to his mom while they were driving. They are an amazing family. I'm sure yours is too.

Mary

toao
01-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Sally

How nice of a compliment. Which soap do you watch? I watch OLTL.

Mary

toao
01-11-2007, 12:19 PM
13 years ago I found out I have an older brother who lives in Indiana. He was born when my mom was a teen. My mom made a call to the pastor that led to them finding my brother again 33 years later. I went with my mom and family to meet him, his children and his adoptive mom. I had always wanted an older brother so it was really great to have such a great surprise.

Sabrina

Congrats on your new brother.

Mary

My3Ds
01-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Did you guys have a really good time...I did! of course I was behind the scenes...but I thoroughly enjoyed myself at Discovery Cove. Much better park than Sea World and tons BIGGER!

TOnii

field trip. We're in MD and with two other children, I couldn't leave them. I was very jealous and hope to have the whole family go one day. DS said it was really great.

SallyLou
01-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Mary (Toao)
I have watched All my Children since 1972!!! (It was my college roommate's soap and she got me hooked) I told my son that I have invested to much time to give up on it now!!

"How nice of a compliment. Which soap do you watch? I watch OLTL.
Mary"

toao
01-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Mary (Toao)
I have watched All my Children since 1972!!! (It was my college roommate's soap and she got me hooked) I told my son that I have invested to much time to give up on it now!!

"How nice of a compliment. Which soap do you watch? I watch OLTL.
Mary"

That's the year I was born. ROFLOL Sorry, I couldn't resist. I wish I knew all of the history of OLTL. I know that Dorian and Vicki have been at it for decades now. Can't wait to see that upcoming cat fight. And did you see it today? GO STARR! Woo hooo. hehe I'm not sure I like the new Michael though. That's going to be an adjustment. I used to watch GH too, but I gave it up about a year ago. I can't kick my OLTL habit though. It's great to have someone to talk about this with!!

Mary