PDA

View Full Version : Stampin by the Sea!

directmailscrapper
05-22-2010, 08:20 PM
My BFF Jill and I just got back from Stampin by the Sea in Ocean City, Maryland (about 2-1/2 hours from us). We went to my nephew's college graduation yesterday afternoon about 1/2 hour from OC -- which is why we decided to plan this trip. We got to the show in time for a Dessert Make-It-Take-It (can you imagine -- stamping AND dessert????) We got to make 5 really nice projects.

Then this morning the show opened. Several of my faves were there -- Darcie's, Inky Antics, Just for Fun, Impression Obsession, Purple Daisy, and more. I am not happy about how much money I spent! How did THAT happen? I'm going to sit down at the kitchen table and open all of my bags -- but I think I'll wait until my DH gets comfortable in front of the tv first... :goofy:

It's great to have some ladies' time!

Spartymom
05-22-2010, 08:24 PM
how fun Nancy! Wish I had stuff like this around here. Miss ya.

cindi
05-22-2010, 08:35 PM
oohh,..sounds wonderful!! hey, take a pic of your loot and show us....of course make sure hubby is comfy and has snacks, first!!
:)

shuggy
05-22-2010, 08:42 PM
sounds like fun!

Paula Carden
05-22-2010, 08:45 PM
Sounds like a fun time. I have gone to those dessert-make and takes too. Pretty awesome dessert and stamping-every girls dream.
Can't wait to see what all you found!! Any special stamps??
Oh-how was the graduation-afterall that was the point of the trip-not stamping-right?

directmailscrapper
05-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Sounds like a fun time. I have gone to those dessert-make and takes too. Pretty awesome dessert and stamping-every girls dream.
Can't wait to see what all you found!! Any special stamps??
Oh-how was the graduation-afterall that was the point of the trip-not stamping-right?

LOL! The graduation was fantastic. My nephew Travis is amazing -- his major was "Conflict Resolution and Arbitration" -- what a great major! I am so proud of him! My sister and his father are long divorced -- not a happy one at all. My former BIL is an AH! There is no other way to put it. He called my nephew a few days before graduation and informed him that since he was responsible for my nephew's expenses through college and that since Travis was graduating on Friday, his funds would dry up after Friday. He wouldn't pay for the balance of the lease (another month -- it was a year's lease at school) or for a U-Haul to get home! And this guy is weathy.... Travis will be putting his new skills to work right away. But MY family is also amazing. We continued to surround this wonderful young man with hugs and smiles and laughs and love...

cindi
05-22-2010, 10:02 PM
LOL! The graduation was fantastic. My nephew Travis is amazing -- his major was "Conflict Resolution and Arbitration" -- what a great major! I am so proud of him! My sister and his father are long divorced -- not a happy one at all. My former BIL is an AH! There is no other way to put it. He called my nephew a few days before graduation and informed him that since he was responsible for my nephew's expenses through college and that since Travis was graduating on Friday, his funds would dry up after Friday. He wouldn't pay for the balance of the lease (another month -- it was a year's lease at school) or for a U-Haul to get home! And this guy is weathy.... Travis will be putting his new skills to work right away. But MY family is also amazing. We continued to surround this wonderful young man with hugs and smiles and laughs and love...

hey..he will be like the male Shadoob.. that's awesome. I'm sure he will go far!

directmailscrapper
05-22-2010, 10:06 PM
hey..he will be like the male Shadoob.. that's awesome. I'm sure he will go far!

You know what? I was thinking of Cheryl during the ceremony. You are absolutely right! If he could have HALF of the impact on the world that she has had... WOW!

maxiesmom
05-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Wow, why do people have to be like that, and to his own son no less. Congrats to Travis on his graduation and much luck to him. Glad you had a fun weekend.

Paula Carden
05-23-2010, 04:36 AM

You know he will go far! He is already experienced in his field!!
I am sure he will get it all figured out- you have to wonder about fathers life this-what gives!! Someday he will regret :sad:these actions because if you have the means what not help your children have a successful beginning into adulthood.
Glad you could be there too :notworthy:and get some quality stamping time in also.

My3Ds
05-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Sby is soooooo quiet now that the SU is out for the summer. I never made it to oc for the stamp show. Oh well....

Patty
05-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Sounds like the perfect get-away to me. Glad you enjoyed it. Congrats to your nephew--I'm sure he will be a great success. Never knew that was a major, but in this world we can certainly use it. I personally know a man who was that kind of dad. He will certainly be sorry some day, probably when it's too late. It will most likely make your nephew an awesome father--he had a great example of what kind NOT to be. You just can't help but shake your head!! Good think he has a great aunt like you!!!