PDA

View Full Version : So I'm busy at my stamp table, talking to Ellie

Patty
05-23-2010, 02:17 PM
and she needs to hang up. Ok, I go downstairs to get myself a drink. I bring it back up. I could stamp for hours, my mojo is running at full speed!! I reach to take a sip and ....I drop the glass on my table. Did you hear me???? Thank goodness it was just at one end. I ended up loosing only 6 sheets of paper (6 red, 6 blue), but it certainly put a damper on my mojo. I have glass on the table top, and did not want to take it off. I would have had to totally empty the tabletop. (imagine!!!) I was very lucky!! Maybe I will clear off the table and clean under the glass when this project/batch of swaps is finished!! I just had to share!!!:biglaugh:

shuggy
05-23-2010, 02:19 PM
oh that is my worst nightmare. that's why i've started using a cup with a lid in my craft room!! glad nothing more was lost. sometimes, depending on the time, there is so much on my table that would get ruined!

cindi
05-23-2010, 03:10 PM
oh no!! I'm glad it wasn't worse!! maybe a water bottle next time?
:)

suzi_f
05-23-2010, 03:17 PM
I'm just lucky I've never had that happen. I almost always have a drink with me. Normally, I do have a lidded cup but that is no guarantee it won't come out. My table is always full of stuff..

Glad you didn't ruin much. Maybe it's not ruined; let it dry & call it distressed!!!

tojoco
05-23-2010, 04:46 PM
I too almost always have a drink with me when I stamp. I try not to use a glass but instead a paper cup or plastic. Wet and ruined paper doesn't worry me as much as broken glass all over the place. I'm so glad it wasn't much more for you, Patty.

stampinmom3
05-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Yikes! That is exactly why I have one of those cup holder/trash bag holder thingies that creative memories used to sell. Not sure if they still do or not. It attaches to the edge of my counter top. I love it.

shuggy
05-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Glad you didn't ruin much. Maybe it's not ruined; let it dry & call it distressed!!!

great idea!

Patty
05-23-2010, 07:44 PM
Yikes! That is exactly why I have one of those cup holder/trash bag holder thingies that creative memories used to sell. Not sure if they still do or not. It attaches to the edge of my counter top. I love it.

You know what?? I own one of those---duh!!!!:arghh:

Patty
05-23-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm just lucky I've never had that happen. I almost always have a drink with me. Normally, I do have a lidded cup but that is no guarantee it won't come out. My table is always full of stuff..

You know what? That's a great idea---I'm going back up to look at it.:nod:

Lori
05-24-2010, 07:38 AM
I've spilled coffee....twice. ACK!!!! I need to try some of these suggestions!

midnitecreations
05-24-2010, 08:23 AM
Glad nothing broke. Love the idea of the distressed paper! lol

Erin K
05-24-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm super uptight about food/drinks in the craft area. I will do a drink but never on the desk, I keep it on a table behind me. Kids and husbands are NO food/drinks in there.

Patty
05-24-2010, 06:11 PM
That's a good rule Erin...but I'm the only one here. I have a little basket that I throw paper clips and rubber bands into, and some hard candies, but now and then I want a drink. I have that cup thing that clips onto the table and holds a trash bag. I believe Ellie gave it to me. Somehow I stopped using it. I'll be using it now!!!

lisha_1988
06-10-2010, 06:01 AM
You def got off easy!!!

But I do feel your pain, I have got to be the CLUMSIEST person on this earth! For some strange reason I ALWAYS have some type of beverage when I craft but probably spill it 50% of the time. :( I some how wrecked an entire container of embossing powder once.

Mrs. Fence
06-10-2010, 08:51 AM
I usually have a drink too, but try to make sure it's in a plastic bottle. My studio is in the basement, and I'm terrified of broken glass...