PDA

View Full Version : I've been avoiding this forum 'cause I didn't want undo pressure

suzi_f
01-10-2007, 05:35 PM
but, I have an amusing story & this seemed like the best place to share.

I have decided to quit eating ANYTHING after 7pm. I'm afraid I'm getting some sort of acid reflux thing going on & really don't like that!! So, in an attempt to avoid seeing my dr, I'm gonna see if quitting night-time junking will help. I have also started walking again. Between the two, maybe I will actually lose some weight.

So, I decide to go weigh myself. We have an old style scale (the kind that are accurate to w/in 50lbs). I know it's not going to be the best way but, it'll give me an idea & maybe, seeing a little loss will help inspire me to keep it up. So, I stand on the scale & it stops a good 40lbs less than what I weigh. Apprently, my scale is sprung & won't weigh me AT ALL. Sorta bummer. I'm happy to not have to confront my actual weight (I usually jump off before it stops 'bouncing') but, I'm bummed 'cause I'm too fat for my scale (which isn't really true, it normally goes way past what I weight). If I was truly an optimist, I could say, "Oh good, the scale stopped. I weigh less than I thought".

lisaguyon
01-10-2007, 05:38 PM
They say that just not eating after 7 pm will cause you to lose weight. I can tell you it will help your reflux. Get an accurate weight somewhere ( my Winn Dixie has pretty good scales) and then go from there....or just use your measurments as a guide. Good luck and keep us updated. You CAN do it.

lisa

ellie
01-10-2007, 05:57 PM
the last time i got on the scale my nephew told me to take the glass off and use it as a fan!!!!!!!!!

MidwestStamper
01-10-2007, 06:09 PM
This is probably one of the best strategies for loosing weight and just being healthier! I think some days I consume half my calories after 7:00--I'll just graze and graze without really thinking what I'm doing! And if it helps your acid-reflux, that another bonus!

suzi_f
01-10-2007, 10:51 PM
the last time i got on the scale my nephew told me to take the glass off and use it as a fan!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the laugh. I've got a mental picture. Funny, funny, funny!