PDA

View Full Version : How was the Springfield show today?

iloveflipflops
06-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Details please. Its 5:30 pm. Certainly someone has time to post something for those of us who could not attend!!!

Its hotter than blazes here. 93 I think outside. Charlie has been mowing all day long. I have been cleaning inside part of the day in between running Nicholas back and forth to his last soccer game in the 93 degree heat.

Grad party is tomorrow at noon. I am almost ready.

Lori
06-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Jaymie and I are home...Exhausted! We had a great time...Spent a butt load of money! Can't wait to play with all my goodies!

Here we all are!

jaymie
06-05-2010, 08:14 PM
I had soooo much fun!!! Got a ridiculous amount of stuff --- lots of unmounted rubber, some new IO cling backgrounds, new Bug embossing folders, mica paints, and more.

It was fun meeting everyone -- we met up a few times through the day, and we had lunch together. Everyone is so nice!

And FYI to everyone, Lori is a pain in the tush to drive with. She complains the whole way and yells at my GPS. KIDDING! :) Well, she does yell at my GPS, but so do I. :)

What a great first experience with the Shackies!!!

maxiesmom
06-05-2010, 08:52 PM
. She complains the whole way and yells at my GPS. KIDDING! :) Well, she does yell at my GPS, but so do I. :)
What a great first experience with the Shackies!!!

That's cause GPS units are stupid for the most part. We've borrowed other peoples a few times and they have a mind of their own. Give me a map!

And yes, visiting with other Shackies is da bomb! And a rubber show to boot!!

HeatherJ
06-05-2010, 09:28 PM
Glad to hear it was a great time! Jealous!!

ccstampin12
06-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Yes!
This was an awesome day meeting up with Shackie friends, new and old.
I, too, spent a boatload of dough!
I haven't even looked at it all again...so it will be like Christmas when I do look it all over.
It was a tiring day and I'll be hitting the sack very soon now!
So....'til tomorrow, Shackies.
Sweet dreams!
Joanie

Mrs. Fence
06-05-2010, 10:31 PM
We had a blast! Bought TONS of stuff, ate TONS of good food, and laughed our butts off! Joanie had her own cheering section at longhorn! She was so good - she stuck to her diet, and the waitstaff came by our table and did a cheer for her! We are all pooped out from a fun, busy day. Shackies are the most fun!!!!

ccstampin12
06-05-2010, 10:35 PM
HA!
That was just so funny!
It almost made skipping bites of the awesome chocolate mousse cake, choc. sauce, vanilla ice cream and whipped cream concoction everyone else shared a wonderful thing!
sigh.
Joanie

Tantalize
06-06-2010, 03:12 AM
Wow, way to go ladies!!! Looks like you had a blast!

Patty
06-06-2010, 08:19 PM
We did have such a blast!! We met lots of shackies--I think there were 10 of us all together. Joanie made great name badges--beautiful. Lots of people commented on them and some people thought we were vendors. It was a great show. Little things were different--the tables and benches were moved from the food counter area to over near the door. No big deal. I did notice that the make & takes were not free any more. The ones I saw were $1 or $2. I think all the vendors did very well. Of course Joanie and Lnesa and I had to stop into the Michael's near the convention center and shop there too!!! Can you say addiction?????

cindi
06-06-2010, 08:23 PM
We did have such a blast!! We met lots of shackies--I think there were 10 of us all together. Joanie made great name badges--beautiful. Lots of people commented on them and some people thought we were vendors. It was a great show. Little things were different--the tables and benches were moved from the food counter area to over near the door. No big deal. I did notice that the make & takes were not free any more. The ones I saw were $1 or $2. I think all the vendors did very well. Of course Joanie and Lnesa and I had to stop into the Michael's near the convention center and shop there too!!! Can you say addiction?????

haha..Tracey & I went to Micheals, twice!!!!
what a great time!! I loved having teh extra time to craft together, too
:)

Paula Carden
06-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Sounds like fun! So now lets see all the loot you bought!!

cindi
06-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Sounds like fun! So now lets see all the loot you bought!!

haha..tomorrow, I'll post a few pics of loot and shackies

tattoolesa
06-07-2010, 07:39 AM
It was a BLAST! I love meeting up with my Shack friends. Always a good time. I bought a stamp....................HA! Could you imagine?? 1 stamp? ROFLMAO. hehehe My back hurts from hauling my 1 stamp all the way home. Thanx for a great time girls. And it was so nice to meet some new gals like Jaymie, Cathi, Steve, Dee's mom and Lori.:jiggy:

tattoolesa
06-07-2010, 08:31 AM
:idea:Oh and Sandra too! So many new faces this year. Wonderful.

Lori
06-07-2010, 10:07 AM
It was great meeting everyone! And Lesa, my son said to tell you, great tats! He was impressed! LOL!

RubberLady603
06-07-2010, 12:40 PM
What a blast! Cool to meet everybody and lots of stuff to see. I got better gas milage on the way home because my wallet lost some weight down there. LOL

iloveflipflops
06-07-2010, 01:39 PM
It was a BLAST! I love meeting up with my Shack friends. Always a good time. I bought a stamp....................HA! Could you imagine?? 1 stamp? ROFLMAO. hehehe My back hurts from hauling my 1 stamp all the way home. Thanx for a great time girls. And it was so nice to meet some new gals like Jaymie, Cathi, Steve, Dee's mom and Lori.:jiggy:

Are you telling me that's all you bought was 1 single stamp??????

iloveflipflops
06-07-2010, 01:40 PM
I want to see the loot that everyone else bought. Waiting patiently for photos ....

RubberLady603
06-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Here's my loot. I got 10 distress pads and a blender, some Rubbernecker stamps. I didn't take a picture but got some black paper from Marco's and a Cut and Dry ink pad sheet. I just made the tag. My first one. Addicted now! Oops looks like I exceed limits if I attach both at once so here is first one.....

RubberLady603
06-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Let me try this again......Nope not gonna happen. I need to figure out how to re-size stuff.

Lori
06-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Here's my loot. I got distress pads, a punch, 2 bottles of Smooch and lots of rubbah!!!!

ccstampin12
06-07-2010, 04:26 PM
Looking good, Lori!
Joanie

iloveflipflops
06-07-2010, 07:55 PM
WOW Lori ... you have ALOT !!!

Patty
06-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Lori---you did very well for yourself!!! Getting ready for next year???

Patty
06-07-2010, 08:16 PM
I wish i knew how to get the pictures onto the pc. I was being very good until I went the second day. At Sparkles and Sprinkles I totally lost it. I bought 6 sets (buy 5 get one free). also a couple of single stamps. I also (during the 2 days) bought more copics, a memonto pad and reinker, package of prima leaves, dove blender refill, 2 spritzers, frosty and sparkly, about 1/2 dozen cuttlebug folders, a victorian lady's face, several st. Patrick's day ums, 2 packages of clear small gift boxes from DeNami. From Magenta I bought a package of 6x6 paper with directions to make folded flowers, a little chipboard, some metalic trims. And, I ordered a stamp set of quotes from the teaparty in Alice in Wonderland. I probably forgot a bunch of stuff but you get the idea. :laugh: I did come home with $$ but this afternoon I went to my gs' baseball game and bought them snacks there. Now I'm broke.:confused:

cindi
06-07-2010, 08:22 PM
I wish i knew how to get the pictures onto the pc. I was being very good until I went the second day. At Sparkles and Sprinkles I totally lost it. I bought 6 sets (buy 5 get one free). also a couple of single stamps. I also (during the 2 days) bought more copics, a memonto pad and reinker, package of prima leaves, dove blender refill, 2 spritzers, frosty and sparkly, about 1/2 dozen cuttlebug folders, a victorian lady's face, several st. Patrick's day ums, 2 packages of clear small gift boxes from DeNami. From Magenta I bought a package of 6x6 paper with directions to make folded flowers, a little chipboard, some metalic trims. And, I ordered a stamp set of quotes from the teaparty in Alice in Wonderland. I probably forgot a bunch of stuff but you get the idea. :laugh: I did come home with $$ but this afternoon I went to my gs' baseball game and bought them snacks there. Now I'm broke.:confused:

ahh..but what a happy broke!!!!
lol

Lori
06-08-2010, 06:29 AM
Lori---you did very well for yourself!!! Getting ready for next year???

YES I AM!!!!!

And I even got to play a bit last night!

ccstampin12
06-08-2010, 07:23 AM
At the moment, I'm feeling kind of overwhelmed by all the stuff I got.
I need to mount my unmounted rubber....guess I could start there???
I received my order of Ippity stamps last week.
I received my order of Precious Innocence stamps this week.
I went on a purchasing overload over the weekend.....WHERE do I begin?
LOL
Joanie

Lori
06-08-2010, 08:04 AM
I hear what your saying Joanie! I got the stamps I bought from Charity, plus some I won on ebay, and then there is all the stuff I bought on saturday! It was an overwhelming pile! I sorted all my stamps, won't put them away until I use them. Tried out my Tim Holtz embossing folders. And the Tim Holtz dies I bought. I put away the ink and EP, and Smooch Ink that I bought. I even stamped bits and peices last night. No finished products, but I put ink to rubber! I use naked rubber, so having to mount for me! But I did trim a bunch last night!

tattoolesa
06-08-2010, 09:20 PM
I will take a pic of my loot soon and post. I have been busy resting and trying to find my "Get up and go!!" I bought MORE then 1 stamp Sherri. You know me! I bought the new electric Distrezzer, embossing folders, some Nesties, some ink pads, paper, some Stickle holders, some glitter, etc etc. This is from memory as I have not put any of my stuff away yet. There is a BIG pile waiting to be organized. lol. Maybe tomorrow? Life is good!!

Mrs. Fence
06-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Glad you Sunday girls had lots more fun after we left! Looks and sounds like we all spent too much money, but had too much fun as well and came home with too much stuff!!! Yup, it was a good weekend...

Lori
06-09-2010, 06:31 AM
Glad you Sunday girls had lots more fun after we left! Looks and sounds like we all spent too much money, but had too much fun as well and came home with too much stuff!!! Yup, it was a good weekend...

I didn't spend too much money. I spent all I brought. Next year I will bring more....:laugh:

Mrs. Fence
06-09-2010, 09:51 AM
I didn't spend too much money. I spent all I brought. Next year I will bring more....:laugh:

:biglaugh:Hahahahaha!!!! Guess I did it wrong, then...I brought some home...:goofy:

tattoolesa
06-12-2010, 09:25 PM
Oops! I have been slowly putting stuff away and just realized i forgot to take a pic of the PILE! Sorry. I am uploading the short videos I took so will post if they are worthy.

cindi
06-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Oops! I have been slowly putting stuff away and just realized i forgot to take a pic of the PILE! Sorry. I am uploading the short videos I took so will post if they are worthy.

oh!! I can't wait to see those ..lots of silly fun, for sure

super star!