PDA

View Full Version : Time Change -- Is it this weekend or next?

My3Ds
10-24-2006, 10:09 AM
I know the Government is extending DST by a week or two, but not sure if it's this year or next. I wish they would extended through December. I just don't like it getting dark so early in the evening.

G

laos348
10-24-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm pretty sure its this weekend. I really wish they would just do away with it totally. Can't stand it being pitch dark at 4:00 in the afternoon!

Laura

lost luggage
10-24-2006, 10:25 AM
It's this weekend :)

Daylight Saving Time begins for most of the United States at 2:00 a.m. on the first Sunday of April. Time reverts to standard time at 2:00 a.m. on the last Sunday of October. In the U.S., each time zone switches at a different time.

dgbearsmom
10-24-2006, 10:26 AM
I believe it is next year that it is being extended.

suzi_f
10-24-2006, 06:09 PM
Ok, I may be totally shunned for this but....I can't wait for daylight savings to END!!! DS has to be a the bus stop at 6:30am. It's pitch black & no one can see him at all! I want it to be at least a little lighter when he leaves the house.

Plus, I've always liked the short days of winter. I like being able to turn on haloween/fall/christmas lights. I like my "world" illuminated by just those tiny lights. I'm weird. I prefer rain & clouds to sunshine (most of the time).

dgbearsmom
10-24-2006, 07:29 PM
You know it won't be long until it's dark at 6:30 a.m. again.

I kind of feel the same way. I hate winter because I hate the cold. But when it gets dark early, it always seems like I have more time in the evenings to do stuff like play with my stamps. When it stays light, I think I have to do yard work and stuff. Yuck.

Judy

stampcrazyjulie
10-24-2006, 09:02 PM
I hadn't heard anything about the Government extending DST. Why are they planning on doing that, does anybody know?

iloveflipflops
10-24-2006, 09:04 PM
I haven't heard this either. Am i living in a tunnel? What does this exactly mean anyway?

GrammaStamper
10-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Well, we turn our clocks back 1 hour on Sunday morning, at 2 am (but I always do it before I go to bed, anyway!). I believe it is in spring 2007 that the DST will take effect earlier, for example now it is the first Saturday in April. Next year, it will probably be in March, but we will hear loads about it, for sure. And Canada will be changing clocks at the same time too. It would just create too many problems for business and airlines, etc. if we don't all do it at the same time.

My3Ds
10-24-2006, 09:58 PM
They aren't eliminating DST, just extending it. The added few weeks will supposedly help with the energy crisis.

LinzyD
10-24-2006, 11:52 PM
I really did learn something new today! :)
Linzy