PDA

View Full Version : I have 8 ppl in my swap when there should be 7?

Tantalize
01-11-2007, 03:33 AM
Its really weird... but I should only have 7 people in my mouse card swap #1 (including myself), but I double counted and I think there are 8?

How do I fix this? I dont want to kick anyone out, should I just change the swap to a make 7 cards instead??

keltie
01-11-2007, 04:11 AM
be the last one to join, I will step out ,no problem. I can catch another one. . I took Chelsey's spot when it opened. Heather

Sherry
01-11-2007, 07:22 AM
Hmm, Keltie said Chelsey backed out of the swap so this leaves me wondering. It seems as though every time someone drops out of a swap, whether it be the hostess herself or a participant, this causes grief with the participant count. I will email Mark immediately about this. So sorry for the trouble, guys!

Sherry

keltie
01-11-2007, 09:29 AM
I thought that Chelsey's spot was opened. I saw where she posted she couldn't take part, so I checked and it was listed with an opening sO I joined and my name came on the list. It still under My Swaps this AM, but my name is not listed. I haven't done anything about it, Should i unjoin or am I adding futher grief. I'll wait till I hear.
Heather

Tantalize
01-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Sherry,

This is what I see on my internet browser: It says that both my swaps are full. and in #1 I have 8 people. I have been talking to Heather, but she says she doesnt see her names at all... and that in swap 2 - there is only 6 ppl listed for her. LOL See, this was too good to be true. Something like this had to happen to me.

http://anythings.org/thanh/Image3.jpg

keltie
01-11-2007, 01:11 PM
I believe I was likely last. But when I signed up last night it said 6 out of 7,and it was in the join section,. But I am oK to be the one bow out . I didn't mean to cause suck confusuion Heather

Sherry
01-11-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm gonna send this thread to Mark. I honestly have no idea how the swap code runs behind the scenes :eek:

Erin K
01-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Don't let him take it down and start over though! We will figure something out! We have to have a swap board!!!

keltie
01-11-2007, 01:17 PM
My name is back on the list again in my swaps, now they read like posted above.
Heather

Tantalize
01-11-2007, 01:29 PM
:wacko::confused::confused::eek:

^^ Those describe me at the moment about how I feel regarding this. LOL I know we will figure it out somehow.

lost luggage
01-11-2007, 02:10 PM
The same thing happened to me at the beginning....maybe your participants won't mind making an extra card?

Mark
01-11-2007, 07:24 PM
I hope I won't cause any problems by pointing this out, but actually patg (not keltie) was the last to join the problem swap. I'm sorry this happened. I wanted you to have accurate info before you made a decision on how to handle it now that it has.

Also, I don't think people unjoining causes problems. Nor is this exactly the same thing that Just Julie originally encountered in the early days of the swap board. Back then there was no explicit check in the code to make sure the swap wasn't full before adding someone. I had made a completely amateur, rookie mistake in the code logic.

After Just Julie's incident the first day, I fixed the code within 24 hours so that it explicitly checks now and gives you an error message with a redirect if the swap is full. Or it should.

I'm still investigating this incident and don't have answers yet. Obviously there is another gap in the code somewhere. I just need to find it.

Erin K
01-11-2007, 07:37 PM
Cowboy Mark is on the case!