PDA

View Full Version : Wedding date and location

inkinupstamps
10-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Just spoke with my daughter and we now have a date and location for the wedding. Let me tell you ladies with daughters, it is a BLAST to plan a wedding! Stephanie has been good about putting up with my sense of humour too...she nixes my goofey ideas, but not without first adding her own comments.

ANYWAY....I would love to have some ideas for wedding table favours and such. Michelle...where are you? I need you! :D

I've got several ideas and will always welcome more suggestions.

Wooo hooo...here comes the bride! :D

iloveflipflops
10-24-2006, 11:47 AM
When and where is it? You forgot to tell us that part.

And are you dying your hair for the wedding or do you know yet? :)

inkinupstamps
10-24-2006, 11:50 AM
You were shocked :eek: weren't you, Sherri when you saw a white haired old woman! LOL I WARNED YOU! :D

I'm definitely growing it longer as much as possible!

Wedding is going to be is Ashville (COLD MOUNTAIN area) in mid June. :D

ctinyjoy
10-24-2006, 12:44 PM
I hate to mention it, but PC did have a fairly decent Wedding favor/invitation magazine out a few months ago. If you can't find it, I can send you my copy.

I guess with my having only boys, I am not going to ever get to be a wedding planner, huh?:(

inkinupstamps
10-24-2006, 12:57 PM
I do remember now that PC had a wedding magazine. I'll see if I can still find a copy. It will be fun to look through.

I have two sons and my oldest told me that I could enjoy his sister's wedding because he didn't think he'll be needing my "wedding planning services" any time soon. :rolleyes:

jdpisces
10-24-2006, 01:19 PM
And here I thought you were coming to Chicago!! Boo hoo. :(

Well, NC will be a prettier place I am sure. I don't know what type of favors you are looking for. I can tell you what I did for my own wedding.

The favors for the wedding were little business cards that said "In lieu of favors, we are making a donation on your behalf to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. Thanks for sharing this day! Love Julie and Mike" I made little pink ribbons and attached them to all of the cards. I placed them in little business card sized envelopes and used those as the place cards as well. People were really excited about that.

I also made menus for each place setting and made the programs for the church. For our "save the date" cards, I printed our picture out on magnets (you can buy sheets in a Office Max or something) with our names and the date. People loved this. A lot of people stole the idea from us afterwards!

Sounds like you are looking for something a little different fro mthis stuff though. I have pictures of most of this if you want to see.

Congratulations~this is going to be so fun! ENJOY IT...it goes by FAST.

Julie

inkinupstamps
10-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Can you scan and email me pictures? I love the idea of the donation and the save the date magnet is great. I received a "save the date" magnet for a wedding this past summer. Now I'm seeing them in all of the BRIDES magazines.

I'm open to any and all ideas. The wedding will be very small and very simple but we hope very elegant too.

Yes, I was surprised it wasn't going to be in Chicago too! I really thought it would be but this is what they want and it really will be a gorgeous location.:)

lost luggage
10-24-2006, 01:34 PM
My husband is an avid golfer (he thinks he is on the PGA or something) so to include his hobby, we designed a logo that was printed on golf balls, with our name, date and location of the wedding. Each ball was tied in tule with a golf tee. Everyone went wild! To add a little more golf, instead of numbering our tables, we named them after fancy courses around the world.

My wedding was so fun...it was a huge party..even the people at the venu told us afterward we were the best crowd to book the place :)

emmcee
10-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Hi Jennifer, now that the place and date have been decided on, you are in for a fun trip! I'll help all I can. Asheville, NC is a beautiful place. Won't be so horribly hot I wouldn't think.

Michelle

inkinupstamps
10-24-2006, 02:48 PM
advice you can offer as mother of the bride.

Did you make the tea bags for the tables? Do you have a picture of them still? We are renting a huge house (a McMansion?) for the wedding and I'm considering gift baskets for guests in rooms along the lines of candles, soaps, tea etc, with the couples names and the date.

toao
10-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Now you didn't share that picture with me Jennifer! LOL

You'll be close to Sherrie in NC! Wish I could run up there and meet you while you're "close".

Have fun with planning those wedding details!

Mary

emmcee
10-24-2006, 04:21 PM
I had baskets made for our out of town guests who stayed in the local motels. I put either a bottle of wine and wine glasses or soft drinks, because we had a few kids. Also, put coffee mugs, packages of coffee, sugar cubes, each one a word puzzle book along with a few pencils, some spritz on body spray, kleenex, cookies, chips, peanuts, stuff like that, oh yeah, I did find these little packages of Hawaiian themed napkins that I put in each basket. I did a lot of shopping at WalMart for these baskets.

The favors I put at each place setting was a bookmark from Bobby & Laura and a Granny Smith apple. No special meaning for the apple, except I knew as hot as it was on July 1, chocolate would melt all over the place. :( We also made each guest a little gift bag with Jolly Rancher candies in each bag. They don't melt so easy either. :D

Michelle :D

LinzyD
10-24-2006, 11:22 PM
If you can't find the PC mag, I would be more than happy to send you mine...I'm in the middle of planning my wedding too but I already got what I needed from it. For my table centerpieces (my wedding isn't going to be very formal-bright, cheery colors, causual) I am going to mat black and white photos of my fiance and I from various times together in our lives and then type on the back what the photo is from. Such as a picture of us on our first date and then I'll tell about what all we did, what movie we saw and so forth...I haven't actually decided on how I'm going to arrange the photos into centerpieces, I just know that I want to incorporate this idea! :) You will have so much fun with your daughter planning!
:)
Linzy

LinzyD
10-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Since one of my colors is celedon (light lime green color), I'm going to incorporate pears into the theme..."A perfect Pair"...I'm thinking of monograming our initials onto the pears...what kind of ink do you think would work best?
Linzy

emmcee
10-25-2006, 09:23 AM
I think the SU color Certainly Celery would be a perfect green to match your Pear idea. And I love the idea of the pears. :) We had lots of fruit at Laura's wedding, main reason the weather was so hot, and also to go with the Hawaiian thing.

inkinupstamps
10-25-2006, 09:27 AM
Since one of my colors is celedon (light lime green color), I'm going to incorporate pears into the theme..."A perfect Pair"...I'm thinking of monograming our initials onto the pears...what kind of ink do you think would work best?
Linzy

Ohhhhh Linzy, I love the idea of the pears. On the cover of one of the latest issues of a bridal magazine the wedding cake has pears on it. IT IS GORGEOUS! It has a very light pale green frosting (NO! It doesn't look sick at all) and chocolate lines and doodles. It is probably one of the most beautiful wedding cakes I've ever seen! I'm not describing it well at all but I think you'd like it.

stampcrazyjulie
10-25-2006, 09:58 AM
At my Reception we placed a disposable camera at each table with a note to take some pictures of their table or whatever they wanted at the wedding. It was really fun to see all the different poses & People that the Professional Photographer & others missed! We also had a picture of each of us when we were in Kindergarten placed at each table. It was really cute. We did get a few People who did not have a clue who those Kids were...they thought that they were my Kids...!

workin4stamps
10-25-2006, 05:50 PM
oh how fun!!!!! Let the planning begin!!!!!!

:-)
Traci

GrammaStamper
10-25-2006, 06:31 PM
I do remember now that PC had a wedding magazine. I'll see if I can still find a copy. It will be fun to look through.

I have two sons and my oldest told me that I could enjoy his sister's wedding because he didn't think he'll be needing my "wedding planning services" any time soon. :rolleyes:

Hey, Jennifer, my oldest daughter is available. Perhaps we could make them meet 'accidentally' and hope for the best?

I'm glad there is a specific date and location. It is so much fun plottin' and plannin' a wedding.

inkinupstamps
10-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Oh Barb! I love the idea! I have no problem with "arranged" marriages. My son is 28, blond and very smart and handsome. Unfortunately he is a work-a-holic right now. He has plans to buy about 4 acres or so of farm land in about 4 years and "settle down" but what settle down means I'm not sure. :confused:

OK...how will we arrange for them to meet? :cool:

teabear
10-25-2006, 08:13 PM
I'm so excited for you, Jennifer. Gray hair is in style....don't dare dye it! Here are my ideas :) This is sooo fun!

#1-I once went to a wedding where they had trays of fresh fruit and nuts as centerpieces on all the tables with a small sign that said to please enjoy them as table snacks. Everyone loved it!

#2-The other thing I heard about recently was giving out custom music CD's as favors. The bride & groom's favorite or special tunes with a custom cover for the CD. CD's are pretty easy to make and inexpensive. You could even stamp the covers :)

#3-I have a friend that caters and the big thing right now is a candy bar. She sets up these huge clear jars and canisters full of beautiful candies. There are scoops and cello bags for the guests to put their favorites in. The kids and adults love them! You can have someone scoop the candies out or it can be serve yourself. I've seen it both ways.

LinzyD
10-26-2006, 12:05 AM
I have been on the lookout for just the right color!
;)
Linzy

I think the SU color Certainly Celery would be a perfect green to match your Pear idea. And I love the idea of the pears. :) We had lots of fruit at Laura's wedding, main reason the weather was so hot, and also to go with the Hawaiian thing.

LinzyD
10-26-2006, 12:12 AM
:o
I think celedon is such a pretty color, I'm sure that cake really was gorgeous...I almost went with robin egg blue and chocolate brown...I never thought of celedon and chocolate! As for the Tami's candy bar idea, that is really popular...I saw a wedding show on TV where the couple only chose green candy b/c that was one of their wedding colors...they almost took it to an extreme! I think dessert bars are also popular right now...Yum!
:)
Linzy

Ohhhhh Linzy, I love the idea of the pears. On the cover of one of the latest issues of a bridal magazine the wedding cake has pears on it. IT IS GORGEOUS! It has a very light pale green frosting (NO! It doesn't look sick at all) and chocolate lines and doodles. It is probably one of the most beautiful wedding cakes I've ever seen! I'm not describing it well at all but I think you'd like it.