PDA

View Full Version : The Good and Bad of Digital images! Help!

Fief14
08-11-2010, 12:09 PM
So, there's lots out there in the blog/stamping world regarding digital images. Any of you tried them? What are your opinions of them? I've found some really cute images out there, but I'm just wondering how to make them work. If you print them out with your computer printer, what paper/cardstock do you print them on and what coloring mediums do you use to color them?

cindi
08-11-2010, 12:16 PM
I do use digi stamps, in fact I'm on the lindsay stamp stuff design team.
I use Georgia pacific card stock, and I usually either color with copics, prima, adn bic mark it markers, or I use my prisma colored pencils. they are fun and easy to use
:)

limeyscrapper
08-11-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm just getting started working with some digital images too. I got a few freebies, and then bought some at a site where they were on sale for half price.
I love the fact that you can resize them before printing them out.
How often have you picked up a rubber stamp that fits your theme - but it's just a little too large or too small? That's not a problem with digital images.
I print them out on good quality cardstock, then usually heatset the ink, just in case, and the only colouring I really enjoy is using my watercolour crayons.
Have fun!

cindi
08-11-2010, 12:50 PM
also, if you sprinkle EP on right from the printer, you can heat emboss digi images

inkinupstamps
08-11-2010, 01:20 PM
also, if you sprinkle EP on right from the printer, you can heat emboss digi images

Embossing powder works with inkjet printers but not so much with laser jet.

iloveflipflops
08-11-2010, 01:34 PM
I use the same cardstock that Cindi does on my digis and I always color with copic markers.

I have become addicted to them as a matter of fact! LOL

Chris Miller
08-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Like Chris said, it is great to have the flexibility in sizing. I have printed my images with my printer on to Stampin' Up!'s whisper White card stock. I have colored them with markers and colored pencils. I have printed some of the images colored in from the program.

Here is a sample of one of my hybrid cards. http://bit.ly/9dqxrR

If you print the images from My Digital Studio without resizing they will actually fit coordinated punches from Stampin' Up!.

morgainegeiser
08-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Same cardstock I use for stamping and with my laser printer they don't run with the copic markers.

Mere Deaux
08-11-2010, 06:47 PM
I am getting quite a cataloge of digital images. I like them for all the reason above. And the instant gratification is nice too!! :) My regular stamps will always be my favorites but I am using more and more digital.

directmailscrapper
08-11-2010, 06:58 PM
We have an assortment of printers at my house. I have NOT had much luck with our laser printer -- my Copics have taken reacted to the toner and I can't run heavy stock easily through my laser printer anyway. We have a Canon 3-in-1 printer and I can run heavy card stock through it -- I've run Papertrey cardstock through it and if I let it dry, I haven't had problems. I did try Gina K cardstock and it smeared -- even after waiting.

I've read a bit and it sounds like the ink is a big factor -- but I've not seen a list of specific inks that work and don't work...

shuggy
08-11-2010, 07:16 PM
i love them. i have an hp and i have no problems with the ink. i use prismacolors and most of the time it's fine. there are a few colors that make the ink run but they make the ink run on almost all ink i stamp with too, i think it's just the particular color. the thing i love about the digis is that you can resizes them!

Fief14
08-12-2010, 09:52 AM
WOW! Thanks for all the info! I was wondering if you could still use Copics with them. I have a epson printer, so I guess, I'll just have to give it a try to test my ink.

Fief14
08-12-2010, 10:18 AM
Another question...What programs are you using to resize/edit the digi images you buy?

Chris Miller
08-12-2010, 11:36 AM
I have used both PhotoShop Elements (kind of a standard out there) and My Digital Studio from Stampin' Up!

Some programs are easier than others to use and it depends on what you may want to do.

Chris